ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone think I should add anything else to the FAQs and the notes, please let me know. :)
In the faq it's written acecard instead of Acekard.

I think it should be considered as a translation and not a localization, or else, you would have renamed all events (like tanabata, golden week, etc.) to random english envents, and removed the suffixes. Keeping the suffixes and the third person's form for addressing someone is part of the culture to me.
So, maybe you could add in "Names/Pronouns" of the translator's note page that it's also a japanese culture to refer to someone/himself as third person. (it's possible that it's already mentioned but I missed it).
Thank you. Fixed the Acekard spelling already. (I've always misspelled this card's name. :P)

I'll try to find references about pronouns and add them to the note. Thank you for your suggestion.

its says that the girl name is manaka but the player says tanaka
"Takane" maybe? I thought I might mistyped it to Tanaka but I just checked the whole script and didn't find it. If you are sure you spotted a "Tanaka" please let me know. I'll double-check the scripts.

I think he means that the name you see in the screen is Manaka, but that the player calls her Takane.
That's another cultural thing that's pretty hard to explain. T_T

------------------------

I used to joke to my friends that if any company would translate and sell Love Plus game, they'd have to sell it with an encyclopedia of Japanese cultures. I didn't expect that I'd have to actually work on that encyclopedia-type info by myself. (It surprised me a little though. I expected people who'd play Love Plus would be people who are familiar with Japanese manga/anime. But there actually are a lot of people who don't know much about Japanese culture at all.)

And yeah, this project is a translation project, not localization. You'll see a lot of parts mentioned that the main character (yourself) is a Japanese guy. Ex. For some route, if you choose Japanese food as your favorite dish, your character will say something like he likes Japanese food because he's Japanese, etc. Anyway, we changed some parts to something more Western. (We wouldn't expect the player to be able to translate Japanese proverbs, etc. Half of the study date questions were adapted from the original.)

Anyway, if anyone else has any suggestions, please let us know. :wub:

Well, I think its fine with all the proverbs, foods, honorific, etc…

There are a few minor grammatical errors… for instance, once I was doing the "walking to school with girl" event, and my player character said something like "lets get home"…

But nothing major :P

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few minor grammatical errors… for instance, once I was doing the "walking to school with girl" event, and my player character said something like "lets get home"…
Which patch version are you playing? And from which girl's script that you found it? And do you mean it was "lets get home" where it should be "let's get home" or it was "let's get home" where it should be "let's go home"?

I'm trying to locate it but I can't find where it is.

heyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested the Acekard with of a few of my friends who have the card. It showed "System File Is Missing" too, unless they had "Bypass Anti-Piracy" set to "disabled", so I'm guessing that's the same System File is Missing problem mentioned in the FAQ.

LegendaryMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help me I can run the patch installer every time I try to it crashes on me and I already have the most recent microsoft.net and Im using windows 7 please help

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help me I can run the patch installer every time I try to it crashes on me and I already have the most recent microsoft.net and Im using windows 7 please help
I'm not using Windows 7 so I can't help on this issue, but you might want to explain the problem more in details so that other people can help you. (Ex. XdeltaGUI crashed with some error message, or it just stopped working, etc.)

Make sure you followed the guide.
https://sites.google...ltaGui-Problems

If it still doesn't work, you might consider the command line xdelta like it is recommended in this thread.
http://gbatemp.net/t...-gui-wont-work/

LegendaryMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not using Windows 7 so I can't help on this issue, but you might want to explain the problem more in details so that other people can help you. (Ex. XdeltaGUI crashed with some error message, or it just stopped working, etc.)

Make sure you followed the guide.
https://sites.google...ltaGui-Problems

If it still doesn't work, you might consider the command line xdelta like it is recommended in this thread.
http://gbatemp.net/t...-gui-wont-work/

When I attempt to run it the xDelta GUI screen pops up for a moment before another window pops open saying that xDelta GUI has stopped working. The error message that its saying underneath that is "A porblem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. That's what it says before it closes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It could be a problem with .net framework.

You can use the command line.
Code:
xdelta patch LovePlusV09_20111104.patch "4152 - Love Plus (J)(Independent).nds" "4152 - Love Plus (J)(Independent)_patched.nds"
or if you don't know how to use command line, just download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/?ihmhm0cktlnjgj6
Attention: Be sure to save the file as a ".bat" extension, not a ".bat.txt"

place the downloaded file in the same folder as xdelta.exe and the file LovePlusV09_20111104.patch
Place your ROM of Love Plus in the same folder too.
Drag and drop your Love_plus.nds into the file patch_loveplus_v09.bat and wait until the window close itself. It will create a patched version named "Love_Plus_patched_v09.nds"

LegendaryMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be a problem with .net framework.

You can use the command line.
Code:
xdelta patch LovePlusV09_20111104.patch "4152 - Love Plus (J)(Independent).nds" "4152 - Love Plus (J)(Independent)_patched.nds"
or if you don't know how to use command line, just download this file : http://www.mediafire...ihmhm0cktlnjgj6
place it in the same folder as xdelta.exe and the patch LovePlusV09_20111104.patch
Place your ROM of Love Plus in the same folder too.
Drag and drop your Love_plus.nds into the file patch_loveplus_v09.bat and wait until the window close itself. It will create a patched version named "Love_Plus_patched_v09.nds"

Ok so i opened the text file and dropped my rom of Love Plus in it and then after a while a bunch of random numbers and letters fill the text file how long before it closes itself its been like 30 min already?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so i opened the text file and dropped my rom of Love Plus in it and then after a while a bunch of random numbers and letters fill the text file how long before it closes itself its been like 30 min already?
Don't open it. I never said to open it not talked about a window.
Drop the rom on the file in your folder, not on the window.

It shouldn't print a lot of text, only one line of text, wait 10second without printing anything new, close itself.

30min of processing?
it would have created a lot of empty files somewhere on your drive :(
I tested the batch before uploading it, but I was always dropping a file on it (not on the window when you double-click the batch).

LegendaryMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't open it. I never said to open it not talked about a window.
Drop the rom on the file in your folder, not on the window.

It shouldn't print a lot of text, only one line of text, wait 10second without printing anything new, close itself.

30min of processing?
it would have created a lot of empty files somewhere on your drive :(
I tested the batch before uploading it, but I was always dropping a file on it (not on the window when you double-click the batch).
219tddx.jpg

This is what I have in my folder that Ive placed everything you said to do in here. I dragged and dropped the rom which is 4143 onto the patch.txt file but nothing happens. Thank you for your assistance :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
humm, You have 2 different files named "4143 - Love Plus ..."
what's different between both of them?
Maybe you already have the patched version.

Also, the file I made and you downloaded is wrongly named.
It's named "patch_loveplus_v09.bat.txt"

.txt is not good !
it should be only : patch_loveplus_v09.bat
(unless Windows7 is renaming the batches into text files for security reasons?)

LegendaryMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
humm, You have 2 different files named "4143 - Love Plus ..."
what's different between both of them?
Maybe you already have the patched version.

Also, the file I made and you downloaded is wrongly named.
It's named "patch_loveplus_v09.bat.txt"

.txt is not good !
it should be only : patch_loveplus_v09.bat
(unless Windows7 is renaming the batches into text files for security reasons?)
One of them is a .dsv file and I have no idea what it does but i know it isn't the patched game and the file you named is just bat but windows 7 recognizes it as a text document so I dont know what to do.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
download it again and be sure to name it .bat and not .bat.txt when you save it to your HDD?
(and be sure that your browser let you choose the filename and the place where to save it, it's maybe the browser who renamed it for security reasons)

Also, if you don't see the .txt extension it's because your Windows is configured to hide commonly used extensions.
You can choose to show the extensions for all files again by going into the folder's settings (I don't know where exactly in Windows7 sorry).
If you see the file's extensions you can rename .bat.txt into .bat manually.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
download it again and be sure to name it .bat and not .bat.txt when you save it to your HDD?
(and be sure that your browser let you choose the filename and the place where to save it, it's maybe the browser who renamed it for security reasons)

Also, if you don't see the .txt extension it's because your Windows is configured to hide commonly used extensions.
You can choose to show the extensions for all files again by going into the folder's settings (I don't know where exactly in Windows7 sorry).
To see file extensions open a folder , press alt & a bar will appear above , go to tools -> folder options -> view & uncheck hide extensions for known file types .

LegendaryMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that did it i switched my broswer to Google Chrome and it didnt convert into a txt format. Thanks for that but now a new problem arose after dropping it in and it creating the patch file which is 72.4mb I try to run it on my emulator which is desmume but it doesn't run the original copy runs but not it so whats going on and thanks agian. :lol:

LegendaryMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The result file should be 256MB (like the initial ROM)
If it stopped at 72.4 then it didn't work correctly.
14oaiva.jpg

I know you cant really see this but this is what the command prompt window says after I dropped the rom in and at the very bottom it says x delta.exe:read fail:no error so I have no idea what happened and thanks cyan for taking your time and helping me.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you cant really see this but this is what the command prompt window says after I dropped the rom in and at the very bottom it says x delta.exe:read fail:no error so I have no idea what happened and thanks cyan for taking your time and helping me.
Will it work if you rename the Japanese rom to something without any spaces? (Ex. instead of 4152 - Love Plus... try changing it to 4152LovePlus.nds.) Not sure if that will help or not, but maybe it is worth trying.

By the way, Cyan, thank you very much for helping with the technical stuff. :wub:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(