Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
OceanBlue said:
Okay, got it.

I guess, on my side, assuming I don't run into problems, I should be able to go through all of Manaka's Dating Location scripts by Wednesday or Thursday. At least, that's what I have planned. Sorry if I've messed anything up.
Everything looks good so far. Don't worry. Thank you soooooooooo much. The scripts sound much much much better now.
wub.gif

P.S. You don't have to worry about the dots in
+------------------------+
???????
???????
???????
They don't look right in the script but they will somehow appear correctly in the game.
happy.gif

[Edit] Will we be using 'sun oil' for ?????? I used 'sun screen' earlier, but if you prefer 'sun oil', I can change them. There are a few more events that's related to sun oil that we will have to change too. (Some manga scanlation group used 'sun tan lotion' for what I think it was originally 'sun oil' in Japanese.)
I still have to thank you for translating this. Thanks for making this possible and letting us play this game. Your job is a lot harder than mine, and yet you've still done a lot.

I prefer sun screen, since I think that's how it's commonly referred to. I think the script had that when I was going through the beach one, so no need to go through and change them. Plus, personally I always think of tanning oil when I see sun tan lotion.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
Fel said:
Yeah, I know it as sunscreen as well, it's what I've heard most people use when referring to it.
smile.gif
Lol, I guess it's one word. I'll keep that in mind.
Oops, I'll have to edit the scripts anyway then.
biggrin.gif
Thank you, Fel. (I didn't realize that it is one word. I'll have to be more careful with mistakes like this since the spell checker won't detect it as misspelling.)

Dark Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi there, just wanna say thanks for translating this game

and i don't know if this is correct or not but when i played the Nene side before confession thing there was a dialog on nene’s event where the Manager said "Nene-kun, about this check..." shouldn't it say "Nene-kun, about this cheque..." also there was a Guest saying "check, please" now not sure with this one but shouldn’t that also be also cheque, please correct me if i'm wrong though.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Keeper said:
hi there, just wanna say thanks for translating this game

and i don't know if this is correct or not but when i played the Nene side before confession thing there was a dialog on nene’s event where the Manager said "Nene-kun, about this check..." shouldn't it say "Nene-kun, about this cheque..." also there was a Guest saying "check, please" now not sure with this one but shouldn’t that also be also cheque, please correct me if i'm wrong though.
We use the spellings based on American English, so "check" is correct in both cases.

(Right? If I'm wrong, please correct me.)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Keeper said:
oh ok didn't know that, my bad then
Don't worry about that. Feel free to tell us if you find anything that you think is wrong.
wub.gif

----------------

Also, if anyone finds anything that sounds weird, please report it.

I usually don't go to the arcade when I use Go Out (alone) command, but I did yesterday and found that when I got good result from playing darts, the message was "It's probably because I've been refining my artistic sense recently." which didn't go quite well with the situation. But we share this sentence with another script when you win an art contest. So I just deleted the "artistic" part and I hope it will fit both scenarios.

----------------

I'll try to update more script status soon. Google Docs is very slow on my computer (or maybe my internet) so I can't update it that often. But thanks to the translators and editors, we seem to have nice progress.
wub.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L551 said:
So umm.. how do I patch on OSX?

http://gbatemp.net/t180142-ds-rom-patcher-for-mac-os-x? gives XD3_INVALID_INPUT using the patch

and MultiPatch says it's not supported.

Did you follow everything on
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans...ng-instructions

Not sure if this same instruction works for mac or not, but give it a try.
Make sure the ROM is clean rom (not the already patched game, etc.)
and everything is in the same folder without any foreign files.

Also, make sure every file is already unzip or unrar if it is compressed.
(The rom must have .nds file extension and the patch must have
.patch file extension.)

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
L551 said:
So umm.. how do I patch on OSX?

http://gbatemp.net/t180142-ds-rom-patcher-for-mac-os-x? gives XD3_INVALID_INPUT using the patch

and MultiPatch says it's not supported.

Did you follow everything on
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans...ng-instructions

Not sure if this same instruction works for mac or not, but give it a try.
Make sure the ROM is clean rom (not the already patched game, etc.)
and everything is in the same folder without any foreign files.

Also, make sure every file is already unzip or unrar if it is compressed.
(The rom must have .nds file extension and the patch must have
.patch file extension.)

Yes, I followed that. The ROM is clean, and is Love Plus, Not Plus+. Mac can't use xDelta_GUI.
Using the .patch doesn't work. It gives those errors, or simply doesn't work.

It is only recognized as an xDelta patch if you have .xdelta file type , not .patch . , at least on MultiPatch. Could you make the patch in that format or something? (Doesn't make patches himself, and simply changing the .patch to .xdelta doesn't work.)

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dropping by to mention that 0001 on script 034 and 0004 on script 161 have lines that don't match. More specifically, script 161 has extra bits.

CODE[YourName]/[YourName]
?????
???????
????????
watching
the fireworks is just
so beautiful.

[??]/[Manaka]
……???
...Hey.

CODE[YourName]/[YourName]
??????????????????????????
watching
the fireworks is just
so beautiful.

[??]/[Manaka]
……???……?
...Hey.
I'm not going to do anything to those parts, I guess.
Also, I'm glad this is making me look over some of the older scripts. I left some weird mistakes in there. Sorry.

Otherwise, I've gone over scripts 128-163. I honestly hope I didn't miss things or make dumb mistakes, since I've had a messed up sleeping schedule this week.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L551 said:
Yes, I followed that. The ROM is clean, and is Love Plus, Not Plus+. Mac can't use xDelta_GUI.
Using the .patch doesn't work. It gives those errors, or simply doesn't work.

It is only recognized as an xDelta patch if you have .xdelta file type , not .patch . , at least on MultiPatch. Could you make the patch in that format or something? (Doesn't make patches himself, and simply changing the .patch to .xdelta doesn't work.)
I don't know how to make a patch with other programs. T_T"
I'll see what I can do but I can't promise anything.

QUOTE(OceanBlue @ May 12 2011, 05:15 PM) Just dropping by to mention that 0001 on script 034 and 0004 on script 161 have lines that don't match. More specifically, script 161 has extra bits.
I'm not going to do anything to those parts, I guess.
Also, I'm glad this is making me look over some of the older scripts. I left some weird mistakes in there. Sorry.

Otherwise, I've gone over scripts 128-163. I honestly hope I didn't miss things or make dumb mistakes, since I've had a messed up sleeping schedule this week.
Thank you.
wub.gif

For the scripts that don't match, just leave them like that. I'll have to check the output to see if it's okay. That's the event in summer, around July or August. When I have time I'll try to change my DS clock to check for it.
happy.gif

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I ask is that you try, jjjewel. It sucks not being able to patch the game on my own, for the lack of another OS. (And none of my friends wanted to do it for me either T_T )

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
L551 said:
All I ask is that you try, jjjewel. It sucks not being able to patch the game on my own, for the lack of another OS. (And none of my friends wanted to do it for me either T_T )

visit any Internet cafe and do the patching there at a pc, it only takes seconds, it will b 3$ well spend,lol...

jjjewel, I was wondering if there's a list out there on the games you've worked on translating?
I want to follow your work closely,lol...

BTW I noticed a tiny mistake somewhere..Manaka said "meet each other when ever"...

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dgrin said:
L551 said:

visit any Internet cafe and do the patching there at a pc, it only takes seconds, it will b 3$ well spend,lol...

jjjewel, I was wondering if there's a list out there on the games you've worked on translating?
I want to follow your work closely,lol...

BTW I noticed a tiny mistake somewhere..Manaka said "meet each other when ever"...

Don't have one in this town.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.