ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Been a month since I last checked this thread, I missed over 10 pages. Now slowly going thru the update.

btw jewel, I had my notebook sent for RMA soon after my last reply, and most of the files were in them. And I'm pretty much forgot about this project (yes, kill me now.
unsure.gif
) until today when I saw someone uploaded the patch on TokyoT*sho. Ouch.

Anyway, are we still going to try doing the calendar's graphic hacking?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
Been a month since I last checked this thread, I missed over 10 pages. Now slowly going thru the update.
btw jewel, I had my notebook sent for RMA soon after my last reply, and most of the files were in them. And I'm pretty much forgot about this project (yes, kill me now.
unsure.gif
) until today when I saw someone uploaded the patch on TokyoT*sho. Ouch.
Anyway, are we still going to try doing the calendar's graphic hacking?
I already edited most of the calendar's graphics. You can test the new patch when you have a chance, and if there are any parts that can be improved, we can try editing them.
happy.gif

Hah..... *big sigh* for torrent site. Anyway, I didn't check the file they uploaded, so I don't know which version it is.

We might have to consider adding some "This is a fan translation, don't sell or rent" text somewhere in the game soon. I still don't know where to add that because the game uses transparent title screen and some animation that changes every month.

I also consider adding a text file with credits and zip it together with the patch release from now on. But if people distributed the post-patched rom, the credit will be lost anyway. T_T

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What about modifying the intro showing the developer and so on, adding your info there like the team for Tales of Innocence did? Here's how it looks like, at 0:18.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9-8kAZbrys[/youtube]

kingkong77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have reported errors during Nene's Confession ( C ) at the backyard.
after a certain dialog your character start to constantly reply to her "I entered from the front door...." which doesn't make sense at all.

Also grammar mistake when Nene said "..... if I am still a cute lowerclass man to me" I think it should be "him" instead of "me".

Sorry I couldn't remember the exact quote.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
What about modifying the intro showing the developer and so on, adding your info there like the team for Tales of Innocence did? Here's how it looks like, at 0:18.
Tales of Innocence hacking is very advanced. I probably can't do something like that but I'll try.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(kingkong77 @ May 2 2011, 04:31 AM) I have reported errors during Nene's Confession ( C ) at the backyard.
after a certain dialog your character start to constantly reply to her "I entered from the front door...." which doesn't make sense at all.

Also grammar mistake when Nene said "..... if I am still a cute lowerclass man to me" I think it should be "him" instead of "me".

Sorry I couldn't remember the exact quote.
Thank you very much. We already put this as a bug in the download page. If you find more errors, please let us know.
wub.gif

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jjjewel said:
I already edited most of the calendar's graphics. You can test the new patch when you have a chance, and if there are any parts that can be improved, we can try editing them.
happy.gif

Hah..... *big sigh* for torrent site. Anyway, I didn't check the file they uploaded, so I don't know which version it is.

We might have to consider adding some "This is a fan translation, don't sell or rent" text somewhere in the game soon. I still don't know where to add that because the game uses transparent title screen and some animation that changes every month.

I also consider adding a text file with credits and zip it together with the patch release from now on. But if people distributed the post-patched rom, the credit will be lost anyway. T_T

Is it possible to put it under the Konami title during the start up? And yeah, I'm doing some testing right now. So far so good. Only one thing bother me, though its not anything major at all.
blush.gif

P1060384.jpg

Also, I'm trying to get a secondary DS so I try the connection function. I'll let you know the outcome.
laugh.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
Only one thing bother me, though its not anything major at all.
blush.gif

P1060384.jpg
Is that a color glitch on the icon? What patch version is that and what flashcart are you using? I don't have that problem on either my R4 with Woods and R4 with YSMenu though.

Anyone else has this same problem?

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the logo on mine is identical to the one I see when I play the original card game,
maybe try to have the game show with latin characters to see if that is causing some bug or whatever?

BTW I would like to kindly ask again,
I remember reading that you can separate/extract the 3D files for the girls, is it true/possible?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dgrin said:
the logo on mine is identical to the one I see when I play the original card game,
maybe try to have the game show with latin characters to see if that is causing some bug or whatever?

BTW I would like to kindly ask again,
I remember reading that you can separate/extract the 3D files for the girls, is it true/possible?
You can try the Console Tool on Romhacking.net. I'm not very familiar with 3D so I didn't try to view/extract the 3D graphics. But it's possible.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great jjewel, one of the best games on NDS, I love your work, alltime classic! Words will never be enough.

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andrew89 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
game01 said:
so this is for males?

Yes, but females can play it too.

QUOTE(zizer @ Jan 4 2011, 04:21 AM) unisex

Wrong. This version is for men, girls have their own version, but can play either or.
Why do you say so?
The game's basic premise is that you are a guy who tries to get a girlfriend and then spends time with her. It sounds like a game marketed to guys to me.

Does anyone know if you can interact with the other heroines post-confession? I've held off playing the game (I've kinda wanted to wait until Rinko has more content since she's my favorite) and I'm somewhat curious.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
Does anyone know if you can interact with the other heroines post-confession? I've held off playing the game (I've kinda wanted to wait until Rinko has more content since she's my favorite) and I'm somewhat curious.
No, other girls will mysteriously disappear from your life. (You already got a girlfriend. No more playing around with other girls.
laugh.gif
)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OceanBlue said:
andrew89 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
game01 said:
so this is for males?

Yes, but females can play it too.

QUOTE(zizer @ Jan 4 2011, 04:21 AM) unisex

Wrong. This version is for men, girls have their own version, but can play either or.
Why do you say so?
The game's basic premise is that you are a guy who tries to get a girlfriend and then spends time with her. It sounds like a game marketed to guys to me.

Well, technically girls who are after girls can play the game as well, the same way I've heard some gays like to read yaori.
smile.gif
It'd be so cool actually.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
Well, technically girls who are after girls can play the game as well, the same way I've heard some gays like to read yaori.
smile.gif
I'm a girl and I'm straight and I'm translating this game.
laugh.gif
I still think this game is good no matter you are male or female. Anyway, in my opinion, most of the new features in Love Plus+ are geared toward male players. As a female player, I don't really like them. (Touching and kissing in Love Plus is okay for me. But in Love Plus+'s trip events, you will harass a girl while she's sleeping. That's too much. That's another reason why I chose to work on Love Plus instead of Love Plus+.)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jjjewel said:
Fel said:
smile.gif
laugh.gif
I still think this game is good no matter you are male or female. Anyway, in my opinion, most of the new features in Love Plus+ are geared toward male players. As a female player, I don't really like them. (Touching and kissing in Love Plus is okay for me. But in Love Plus+'s trip events, you will harass a girl while she's sleeping. That's too much. That's another reason why I chose to work on Love Plus instead of Love Plus+.)
I agree, I also intend to play the game just for the fun of seeing how they handle the AI, stats and random (+non-random) events.
smile.gif
I just meant it in the romantic/dating sense, that there may be even females who play it for the same reasons that the majority of straight guys play it for.
Harass...you mean like touch her or something? Yeah, that does sound a lot weird - since this is Japan, I expect you don't do this kind of thing even when she's awake, so to try anything out when she's asleep is even worse.

Cachwir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jjjewel said:
Fel said:
smile.gif
laugh.gif
Love Plus+ seems to be a pervert game instead of Love Plus.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cachwir said:
Love Plus+ seems to be a pervert game instead of Love Plus.
I wouldn't call it a pervert game. Just from a female game player's perspective, I don't really enjoy touching a girl that much. (Although I'm a very good kisser in this game. Hehe...)

Back to the topic:
To the editors:
wub.gif

I'll be updating the scripts this weekend. Mostly, I'll insert the scripts that the editors edited to the game files, and upload the new output files on Google Docs. So, many of the scripts that have "Edit1" status will be changed to "Edit2" soon. I'll add a line "Updated" on the first line, so you know that the edited scripts are already updated. (If you want to view the older version or view what you've edited, you can use File--->See revision history on Google Docs.)

Thank you very much.
wub.gif

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Back to the topic:
To the editors:
wub.gif

I'll be updating the scripts this weekend. Mostly, I'll insert the scripts that the editors edited to the game files, and upload the new output files on Google Docs. So, many of the scripts that have "Edit1" status will be changed to "Edit2" soon. I'll add a line "Updated" on the first line, so you know that the edited scripts are already updated. (If you want to view the older version or view what you've edited, you can use File--->See revision history on Google Docs.)

Thank you very much.
wub.gif
Okay, got it.

I guess, on my side, assuming I don't run into problems, I should be able to go through all of Manaka's Dating Location scripts by Wednesday or Thursday. At least, that's what I have planned. Sorry if I've messed anything up.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
Okay, got it.

I guess, on my side, assuming I don't run into problems, I should be able to go through all of Manaka's Dating Location scripts by Wednesday or Thursday. At least, that's what I have planned. Sorry if I've messed anything up.
Everything looks good so far. Don't worry. Thank you soooooooooo much. The scripts sound much much much better now.
wub.gif

P.S. You don't have to worry about the dots in
+------------------------+
???????
???????
???????
They don't look right in the script but they will somehow appear correctly in the game.
happy.gif

[Edit] Will we be using 'sun oil' for ?????? I used 'sun screen' earlier, but if you prefer 'sun oil', I can change them. There are a few more events that's related to sun oil that we will have to change too. (Some manga scanlation group used 'sun tan lotion' for what I think it was originally 'sun oil' in Japanese.)

dire-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the great work guys! I'm going to wait for the final patch to come out but seeing what you guys have done so far I believe it'll be well worth the wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think