ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Handsome Man contest, would it be too much to change it to the Most Handsome Man? It just seems more like a competition name. If it's unnecessary, don't worry about it.

bobbytheD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow a new PATCH!!! i can't wait to give it a try
smile.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
Thank you very much. I've been really looking forward to this. Because of this translation, I've bought various Love Plus merchandise, so I've actually ended up supporting the series because of your work.

Cute pic. XD

QUOTE(OceanBlue @ Apr 20 2011, 05:03 PM) For the Handsome Man contest, would it be too much to change it to the Most Handsome Man? It just seems more like a competition name. If it's unnecessary, don't worry about it.
Okay, I think that sounds good. (If I remember correctly, it's the Culture Festival script, right?) I can't remember if I translated this part for Nene and Rinko already or not. (Probably not.) I'll use this for Nene and Rinko's scripts too then.

Later, we will probably have to go over the festival names. For the current Manaka's scripts, I used Star Festival for Tanabata, Girls' Festival for Hinamatsuri, but I used Setsubun for Setsubun.

By the way, I'm looking for someone who can verify the wi-fi contents. I already translated the wi-fi scripts. This is the part where you let the girls from 2 or 3 DS's chat with one another through Connection menu. I can't test this, so I need someone with 2 or 3 DS's to test it and let me know whether the translations come out correctly. If you can help, please let me know.
wub.gif

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
finished the first part for Manaka,
hey, one thing I noticed and maybe other people can back me up if they have encounter it as well,
is the dialogue box sometimes flickers constantly like becomes darker for a few instances,

also i noticed Manaka's messages weren't as creative as the other two,
all she ever told me was "do your best" and nothing with a whole meaning or personal and random like the other girls,
(but maybe that's because I went straight for a 100% Manaka root and she possibly run out of messages,lol..)

EDIT: is there a way to program or deactivate the "lovePlus mode" starting by itself?
i leave the DS open in real-time mode to go through the courses by itself but she keeps popping wanting to talk, kinda..clingy? XDXD

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dgrin said:
hey, one thing I noticed and maybe other people can back me up if they have encounter it as well,
is the dialogue box sometimes flickers constantly like becomes darker for a few instances,

all she ever told me was "do your best" and nothing with a whole meaning or personal and random like the other girls,
(but maybe that's because I went straight for a 100% Manaka root and she possibly run out of messages,lol..)

EDIT: is there a way to program or deactivate the "lovePlus mode" starting by itself?
i leave the DS open in real-time mode to go through the courses by itself but she keeps popping wanting to talk, kinda..clingy? XDXD

hm dont know about love plus mode cause thats the beauty of the real time mode xD
on the other hand well if you can try getting 2 or even the 3 girls at the same time on the story
you can see some pretty good stuff
what i mean is if you work on the restaurant with nene and you have her and manaka with some decent love feelings
then manaka will actualy make a love scene and nene will retaliate.
hm if i remember correctly manaka did say some good stuff when i was trying to make her fall for me

ok so for this patch i just finished the preconfesion part with rinko
also i got the confession where rinko is at the school's roof with you
i didnt have any problems or freezes till there also for typos mistakes i am not pretty sure myself
as i am making quite some typos too but as far as i read rinko's preconfesion scripts there was only one small type mistake which was not even visible so
i dont remember where excactly i saw it
as you mentioned only the going from school to home and vise versa the scripts are partially translated(i only encountered 2 ocations where rinko was talking english
tongue.gif
)
back to game
smile.gif

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
vandawn, lol,XDXDXD thanx for the hint then I intent to play a multi-dating slot later
cause I really don't wanna miss out on that part,lol..

yoshii!, slot#2 and Rinko is next!^___^

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
OceanBlue said:
For the Handsome Man contest, would it be too much to change it to the Most Handsome Man? It just seems more like a competition name. If it's unnecessary, don't worry about it.
Okay, I think that sounds good. (If I remember correctly, it's the Culture Festival script, right?) I can't remember if I translated this part for Nene and Rinko already or not. (Probably not.) I'll use this for Nene and Rinko's scripts too then.

Later, we will probably have to go over the festival names. For the current Manaka's scripts, I used Star Festival for Tanabata, Girls' Festival for Hinamatsuri, but I used Setsubun for Setsubun.
Thanks. I've changed Manaka's script.

I'd say to go for Tanabata and Hinamatsuri, but really I have no other reason than having already seen them in those names first. If you feel that they're better translated, I'll go with it.

Also, some of these scripts are somewhat embarrassing to edit...

Edit: When these scripts have "Let's be nice to each other." or "We have to be nice to each other." or something like that, what does it mean?

azraeld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with the audio version of my name, i keep putting in the right 'kana' symbols but it keeps changing to one or two of them with the - indicating to extend the sound such as with 'nii' or other double letters and doesnt use my full last name
???? ????? (in formal format last name then first name)

http://camerendessert.info/cc/loveplus.jpg

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes, you will be called via a petname no matter what,lol
find something that will sound good with ___-kun,
and close to what your real name sounds,

in loveplusmode I lowered the mic volume to 1 and now it seems
she doesn't pick EVERY little sound in the room to wanna talk,

it's my birthday in a few days and that's a part where it's not translated,
but i could understand her audio part and it was really funny,lol...

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
It doesn't force you to have a "petname", it just doesn't work with non-Japanese names. If you try and do a katakana version of your name, it just reverts to a single sound (that's the screen it shows you afterwards) but if you pick an actual Japanese name, it works and she'll call you by it. The only drawback is it has a relatively low character count. I was going to use Eiichiro Oda as my name, but Eiichiro wouldn't fit in so I went with Kubo Oda. She'll offer to call you "darling" eventually, so if you don't like her not using your actual name (or some Engrish version of it) you can just get her to call you "darling" instead.

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hm i dont know about names as i am just starting learning hiragana and kata
but in this game i used my real name translated in japanese from a real japanese friend
he told me hiragana is better used for foreigners like us
so about the times when the girls try calling your name, the thing is you have to make a combination of either the hiragana or katagana you used to wright you name, to actually make it sound.

azraeld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, Well that makes sense then haha, I'm still just starting out with learning Japanese so i didn't quite understand that. thanks for the tip though
smile.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dgrin said:

I don't have problem with the dialog box. If you have time, please try playing the original unpatched rom and see if the problem's there.

And the girls' comments are random so if you're lucky, you'll see a variety of comments.
happy.gif

For Love Plus Mode, I'm not that skilled at hacking, so I have no idea how to deactivate that. You can just turn on a radio or TV and leave your DS near it. (It's better with some Japanese TV show/anime/etc. She will just keep talking to your radio/TV.
tongue.gif
)

flamegun said:
Thank you guys so much for translating this game! It's amazing you guys have gotten so far!

Does anyone know how I can apply the patch on my Mac? I tried using Xdelta on parallels but it didn't work. I also tried this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180142 but it did not work u.u

Am I out of luck?
I totally have no idea about Mac. You might ask around in Mac forum to see what others used. Or ask your friends to help patching it for you.

OceanBlue said:
Thanks. I've changed Manaka's script.

I'd say to go for Tanabata and Hinamatsuri, but really I have no other reason than having already seen them in those names first. If you feel that they're better translated, I'll go with it.

Also, some of these scripts are somewhat embarrassing to edit...

Edit: When these scripts have "Let's be nice to each other." or "We have to be nice to each other." or something like that, what does it mean?
I kind of kept changing them back and forth as I have no idea either which on I should use. I often see references of Tanabata and Setsubun in manga/anime, but I don't really know much about Hinamatsuri.

For "Let's be nice to each other.", it's "yoroshiku" or "yoroshiku onegaishimasu." phrase.
Here are some references I found on the internet. (or you can search "yorishiku translation" for some more links. It's been discussed for quite a long time about how it should be translated. Some manga/anime even leave the phrase as "yoroshiku" written in English but I think we should translate it.)
It's the part at almost the bottommost of both articles.
http://www.mangalife.com/features/WordsofT...WisdomYoros.htm
http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~romisdg/bj/ue.html
Here's another one.
http://www.tofugu.com/2011/02/23/yoroshiku...himasu-meaning/

QUOTE(azraeld @ Apr 22 2011, 01:28 AM)
I need help with the audio version of my name, i keep putting in the right 'kana' symbols but it keeps changing to one or two of them with the - indicating to extend the sound such as with 'nii' or other double letters and doesnt use my full last name
???? ????? (in formal format last name then first name)

http://camerendessert.info/cc/loveplus.jpg
Here's the list of last names/given names you can use. (This list is from Tokimeki Memorial, but I think it should be very similar.)
https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/g...uides/name-list
(The names that the girls can pronounced are very limited, so you can't just pick any name.)

ToxicEEM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the patching on a Mac i was able to do it using VMware Fusion which is like parallels but the first time I tried it did not work but just restating the virtual machine and trying again solved the problem.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ughhh, I changed some preferences in my DS lite's system and it activated the cheat codes only for a brief second
which seems to have messed up with my Manaka's finished route, her save slot is no longer hers,(no face)
now half the screen is from the pre-confession period and other half from the post-co,.
you can't go any further cause it will loop and the game is later stuck and freezes, >__

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: some db videogames