ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hey guys i just checking to see how are you doin...

nah i actually have a request (or more like a suggestion) for the next patch

yesterday i get the (default personality) nene confession and sadly that still has not been translated yet i think confessions are the cutest and more rewarding part of the first part (if not the whole game) i mean who doesnt like to hear i luv ya even from a game xD

so jjjewel and guys, may i request for the next patch you translate the confessions of the girls (that would be swell)
let me know if you re okay with this

cheers
you guys are the best

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will have Manaka's scripts for editing some time soon. I got the scripts ready but now Google Docs system has changed somehow. I can't even figure out how to use it anymore. (I noticed the changes for a while but didn't know that they changed so many things. T_T)

By the way, feel free to point out any mistakes or oddities you find in the game. Suggestions for corrections would be nice too. I'm not a native English speaker and since no one is helping with the translation, I ended up translating the rest of the scripts myself. Most of the time, if you don't suggest a correction, I won't make any change because I don't really know how to change it. Like the Library Committee that you mentioned, I totally have no idea what's the correct word to use. So unless the editors change it, or someone suggests the correct word, it will remain like that.
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm sure our editors here can make the translations sound better, so please bear with some bad Engrish scripts for a while. Things should get better in the later patches.
happy.gif

P.S. Feel free to help editing the scripts if you have time.
wub.gif

--------------------------

By the way, someone mentioned about using cheat codes. Do we have one that unlock all the memory and dream events for this game? I know I can apply cheat for the Japanese Rom, but I can't use the same code for the English patch. It will be convenient to check the translation if we can use cheat code. So, if anyone has any clues about using cheat codes for the English patched rom, please let me know.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gurukof said:
so jjjewel and guys, may i request for the next patch you translate the confessions of the girls (that would be swell)
let me know if you re okay with this
We'll try.
happy.gif

QUOTE(basher11 @ Feb 25 2011, 02:32 PM) no, don't think we have one
unless it counts as special.

Thank you, basher11. I think it's the "unlock all special" cheat.

Where can I get it or apply it though? I have original R4 cart with YSMenu. I think I downloaded the cheat from gbaTemp but I can't find the cheat for Love Plus English patch. Or do I need a special program to create the cheats?

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello jjj
i am new in the forums
but the first thread that caught my eye was your freaking awesome thread
so i started testing the game today
dont know if it helps but the patch rom works on i-edge v2.1
i used the clean rom to patch it
so far it runs great
so i close my reply by asking you and your other co-workers/translators to continue this work
as many pervs are waiting the complete rom with open arms hahaha
smile.gif

LTeddy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Thank you, basher11. I think it's the "unlock all special" cheat.

Where can I get it or apply it though? I have original R4 cart with YSMenu. I think I downloaded the cheat from gbaTemp but I can't find the cheat for Love Plus English patch. Or do I need a special program to create the cheats?

Hey, jjjewel.
I know it's weird, but I CAN use the japanese version cheats on the patched rom
smile.gif

I think the translation patch changes the Game ID once applied, that's why YSMenu can't find the cheats, so you need to change the Game ID from your usrcheat.dat to acces the cheats from the YSMenu. I don't know if you know how to edit the cheats, but I'll try to explain anyways ;p
Ok, first you download the R4 Cheat Code Editor from here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76852
The interface is very simple and easy to use, so I don't think you will have a hard time learning how to use it
biggrin.gif

If you downloaded the latest usrcheat.dat file from FileTrip, you just have to open the file with R4CCE, find the Love Plus (J) folder on the list, click on it and change the Game ID on the right.
So, my Love Plus Game ID is CXTJ DABB8A34, so yours may be the same. But just to make sure, the R4CCE comes with an ID check tool.
After that, the cheats should be accessible from your R4 ^^
Again: There is no problem in using the japanese cheats on the patched rom. I used(couldn't resist LOL) and worked just fine. No need to create exclusive cheats for the patched rom.
The "Unlock All Special" cheat unlocks all the CGs, Dreams and Memories.
I hope this helped.

A HUGE congratulation for all the crew working on the patch! Thank you very much for your work.
Keep it up. I'll help using the google thingy whenever I find anything odd with the patch. xD
See ya!

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game isn't an h-game, it's a dating sim...

Anyways, I think that you should not use terms like freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior. They're too american for the setting of the game, being in Japan and all. Also, you're in high-school in the game, and in Japan there's only grade 10, 11, and 12 (if it were American). So, terms like first year, second year, and third year would fit the setting more.

The M3i zero Sakura firmware can find the cheats fine for the patched love plus, by the way.

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
IAmTheRad said:
Anyways, I think that you should not use terms like freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior. They're too american for the setting of the game, being in Japan and all. Also, you're in high-school in the game, and in Japan there's only grade 10, 11, and 12 (if it were American). So, terms like first year, second year, and third year would fit the setting more.

but i think that can cause some incongruent text in the game

at the top of my head when you re with nene in the pre-confession part (i cant remember exactly wich part) she refers to you as "you are my Junior" it would be kind of funny i she refers to you as "you are my First or second year"

sorry for my bad english btw

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In that case it's proper. If someone below you is referring to you, they'd call you senpai in that case. If you want to be really specific, you can refer to junior as k?hai, since that's the same term. Senpai is mentor, or senior. Kohai is protege or junior. Wikipedia has an article about it, if you want to make sure for certain.

It'd just odd referring to themselves as freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior in the absolute terms of a 4 year school type situation.

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
that seems more fitting
is not a bad suggestion i personally dont have problem with the american terms
but is not a bad idea at all

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LTeddy said:
Hey, jjjewel.
I know it's weird, but I CAN use the japanese version cheats on the patched rom
smile.gif

I think the translation patch changes the Game ID once applied, that's why YSMenu can't find the cheats, so you need to change the Game ID from your usrcheat.dat to acces the cheats from the YSMenu. I don't know if you know how to edit the cheats, but I'll try to explain anyways ;p
Thank you very much, LTeddy.
wub.gif
I'm learning how to use it now. (The link on GBAtemp thread doesn't work anymore, by the way. Anyway, it's not hard to search for the program on the Internet.
happy.gif
)

----------------

And I just edited the junior/sophomore/etc. to first year, second year this morning. So the current Manaka files already use first year/second year/etc. instead of junior/sophomore/etc. Anyway, I'll let the editors take a look and see what they think.
biggrin.gif

----------------

Someone reported a problem with Web Fortune. I think the Fortune won't change in Skip Mode. It only changes daily in Real Time Mode. So if you play Skip Mode, it will always be the same as your Fortune from Real Time Mode on that day.

Also, one EDGE user reported game freezing after the kisses. If anyone else got the same problem, please also let me know or submit it via Report Form (on the first page of this thread.) Thank you.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll confirm that the fortune changes with real time. Yesterday, I had worst luck. Today it's just bad luck.

For Rinko's type stuff, instead of referring to yourself as Library Committee, wouldn't it make more sense to call yourself a Librarian? You would apply to be part of the Library Commitee, but calling yourself one is a bit, odd. It's also odd when Manaka says As If. It just seems way too out of character. I know I personally could go into the files and edit that, but I have no clue what'd fit there. Definitely not as if.

One funny thing I've found is if you call out Manaka in skip mode, and you try to kiss her, it's almost as if the player wants to do unspeakable acts to her. Nobody is around. Then he pushes it on Manaka to kiss

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yeah i was the one who reported that problem (the fortune one) i was playing in skip mode i didnt know that the is has to pass a REAL Life day not an in game day

so... im sorry, my bad

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hm dont know if someone reported this allready
but for Nene and Rinko when you go with one of these girls to school
or when you go with them from school at home it switches back to japanese
other than that its ok except one time when Nene asked you to go home and it switched back to japanese
this doesnt seem to happen with Takane at all

Exhaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that it can be frustrating trying to play a partial translation of a game and having to stop once you reach the untranslated parts, but that's just it. It's only a partial translation at the time.

In the mean time, I can't help noticing that a lot of the posts that are being made are just reiterating the same problems/concerns, that's why I'm going to attempt to help clear a few of them up before they propagate again the next time I check the thread.

IAmTheRad said:
I'll confirm that the fortune changes with real time. Yesterday, I had worst luck. Today it's just bad luck.

For Rinko's type stuff, instead of referring to yourself as Library Committee, wouldn't it make more sense to call yourself a Librarian? You would apply to be part of the Library Commitee, but calling yourself one is a bit, odd. It's also odd when Manaka says As If. It just seems way too out of character. I know I personally could go into the files and edit that, but I have no clue what'd fit there. Definitely not as if.

One funny thing I've found is if you call out Manaka in skip mode, and you try to kiss her, it's almost as if the player wants to do unspeakable acts to her. Nobody is around. Then he pushes it on Manaka to kiss
Library Committee -> Committee Member, ? Librarian

Don't worry, the editors have it under control and we've already had a 2 page discussion on this thread concerning "as if".
closedeyes.gif

QUOTE(vandawn @ Feb 26 2011, 05:29 PM) hm dont know if someone reported this allready
but for Nene and Rinko when you go with one of these girls to school
or when you go with them from school at home it switches back to japanese
other than that its ok except one time when Nene asked you to go home and it switched back to japanese
this doesnt seem to happen with Takane at all
Yeah, you're right and we know. If you take a look at the progress details on the first page, you'll be able to see that not everything has been translated yet.

bobbytheD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i am glad you have as much done as you have, it's amazing and has enabled everyone to play them game and get a good taste of it, i have been enjoying it a lot, and want to THANK YOU!!!

got one save file with Nene as my girlfriend, one save file with Takane as girlfriend, next up i will take my third save file for Rinko....and have my own high school harem
yaynds.gif

BlueFlame90

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great work jjjewel and everyone that helps with the translation
yaynds.gif

I am looking almost every day for new staus updates, this is one of many games that I want to play.
Hope there will be more of Rinko translated.

As for the cheats: it is true that the patch changes the game ID but that the cheats still work is not weird at all.
The reason is simple: the addresses of the values that are stored in the ram are still the same, they only change if you change something in the game's code. The patch doesn't touch the code itself but the text of the game.
If I'm wrong then please correct me^^

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gurukof said:
yeah i was the one who reported that problem (the fortune one) i was playing in skip mode i didnt know that the is has to pass a REAL Life day not an in game day

so... im sorry, my bad
Hey, don't worry about that. I think many people don't know about this either.

Feel free to submit any problem that you encountered. If it's something that we can't solved or haven't gotten it fixed yet, we will let you know.
happy.gif

--------------------

Got some stuff to take care tonight. I'll try to work on Google Docs later. Maybe I can get the scripts ready for the editors tomorrow.
wink.gif

--------------------

For the cheat codes, I guess it depends on the flashcart and firmware, etc. too. Like for my R4, I couldn't activate it unless I updated the game ID.

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hey i have a question
in the progress part of this thread reads this

Self: 35/35
Manaka: 241/275
Rinko: 159/315
Nene: 114/275

whats the meaning of those numbers?
they are the scripts translated so far?

oh and another one if i may
i was checking the girls mails in google docs (you stood manaka especfically) and wanted to change this one

"Was it because I did something bad?" At least tell me the reason.

the word "bad" for the word "wrong" (sounds better i think)
but it freak me out that google docs saves inmediatly.... my question is

if i mess with that document do i mess with your work?
i want to help if possible but dont want to screw your hard work

cheers
keep up the good work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4