Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jjjewel said:
Czero90 said:
Ookay, now do I edit this in GIMP/Photoshop?

Nope, you don't need to edit this one. I already did. There're other files in this one that need editing, but it's a bit too complicated, I guess.
(You'll need the latest version of CT2 and use a specific tool from that version.)

The main file that needs to be edited is the date_ui.bin. And, erm... It has about 400 files when you extract it. T_T
You can try to take a look but I still don't know if it's a good idea that we try to edit them.
(Most are graphics for Monday-Sunday characters and there are many of them in there. And if you change one, you have to change them all.)
I don't know if there's any easy way to edit it or not but it looks like it's too much and very time-consuming.
I'll just take the thing slowly. I got 5 months to spare anyway.
biggrin.gif

Alright, I'm on it. Is there any particular font that I should use?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
I'll just take the thing slowly. I got 5 months to spare anyway.
biggrin.gif

Alright, I'm on it. Is there any particular font that I should use?
Wow, you're on fire. Haha.
Any font is okay. I usually use Sans or San Bold because it's default in GIMP.
tongue.gif

But anything's okay.

Thanks sooooo much.
biggrin.gif

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Haha np.

Oh my, the more I learn, the more confusing it get. I tried editing those .dat in date_ui but to no avail, so I thought I go back to adv_calendar and play around with the example file that you mention earlier. And I notice something.

There's more than one item sharing the same... file.
2011-01-12_150145.jpg

And when I resize the window, I got various result.
2011-01-12_150025.jpg
2011-01-12_150004.jpg
2011-01-12_150039.jpg
2011-01-12_150045.jpg
It's getting scarier...
ohnoes.png

I discovered that it has something to do with the offset setting. How do you figure out the offset?

Also, not sure how to put this, but for example, how did you manage to pair out 00000009.dat.decompressed with 00000007.dat.decompressed as its palette?

Or does it goes like this? "Find a RGCN files, pair it with RLCN files of the same series (for example, 000000c9.dat with 000000cX.nclr) as the palette?"

EDIT : no, it doesnt work that way.

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Quick update.

After few hours trying, I still can figure out anything. I even download the latest CrystalLite2, but its even harder to use. Stupid me.
glare.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
There's more than one item sharing the same... file.

And when I resize the window, I got various result.

It's getting scarier...
ohnoes.png

I discovered that it has something to do with the offset setting. How do you figure out the offset?

Also, not sure how to put this, but for example, how did you manage to pair out 00000009.dat.decompressed with 00000007.dat.decompressed as its palette?

Or does it goes like this? "Find a RGCN files, pair it with RLCN files of the same series (for example, 000000c9.dat with 000000cX.nclr) as the palette?"

EDIT : no, it doesnt work that way.
It's common that one NCGR file has more than one graphics. (You can have 10-20 or even more than that.)
And the 4 pics you showed at the bottom use different palettes. (The first pic with 2 buttons are correct but the rest will use different palettes)

2233wf.png

And to match the RLCN, first try to make your RGCN look like a picture instead of scrambled tiles. (You did well on this part.)
Then, look at the picture you think you need to edit and think of what color that picture has in the game. (In my example, I know the button has blue and orange color.)
Then open the RLCNs files to find which one(s) has the palette with blue and orange. And then test it if it's the correct palette for the RGCN.
It can be fun but it can be tedious too.
happy.gif

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for the reply. You mean, only RGCN files need to be edited, as RLCNs serve only as the color palette?

Also, some of the files is in RCSN format.
unsure.gif

Oh yea, is there any significant behind those series of file names? I mean, is there any relation between files in the same series? I put them in separate folder, hoping it'll speed things up. Am I doing it right? o.O

2011-01-12_233450.jpg

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
Thanks for the reply. You mean, only RGCN files need to be edited, as RLCNs serve only as the color palette?

unsure.gif

Oh yea, is there any significant behind those series of file names? I mean, is there any relation between files in the same series? I put them in separate folder, hoping it'll speed things up. Am I doing it right? o.O

RCSN is the tile arrangement order, or something like that.
http://llref.emutalk.net/nds_formats.htm

Basically, you just need to change RGCN and keep RLCN the same. (Unless you want to alter the colors. I've never done that though. But I think that is what people do to change pokemons's colors, etc.)

For the file names, usually, the RGCN will match the RLCN that's the closest to it, but that's not always the case. Like if you have 09.RGCN, try 10.RLCN or 8.RLCN first. If the close ones don't work, then try others.

Lunitari

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Love Plus translation! At last!! n__n
I played your TMGS1 translation, so this one will be great too.

I already played Love Plus before, in japanese of course, I went for Rinko @_@, she was fine, compared with the other girls...

I'll be playing this while I wait for TMGS2 first patch.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jjjewel said:
Czero90 said:

unsure.gif

RCSN is the tile arrangement order, or something like that.
http://llref.emutalk.net/nds_formats.htm

Basically, you just need to change RGCN and keep RLCN the same. (Unless you want to alter the colors. I've never done that though. But I think that is what people do to change pokemons's colors, etc.)

For the file names, usually, the RGCN will match the RLCN that's the closest to it, but that's not always the case. Like if you have 09.RGCN, try 10.RLCN or 8.RLCN first. If the close ones don't work, then try others.
Ahaha okay. And what should I do with RSCNs? Leave it like that too?

Wow, this just come in to me. Since I can import RLCN as color palettes, is it possible that importing RCSNs will have the tile arranged automatically?
lol, this is stupid idea, really. haha.

And I still can't figure out how to meddle the offset. And CrystalTile2 tends to crash when I keep resizing the windows alot.

Now I'm trying to use the no$gba Debugger mode, as I've seen in MapleStory thread.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So? There is nothing wrong with that...you can talk to them, poke them, and have them work as your alarm without having to worry about them getting pissed, leaving you, or costing you anything beyond your electric bill.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't touch them. You can't share a warm embrace, a kiss, a hug, cuddling, or sex. They can't learn and grow with you throughout life. You can't have a child with them. Etc etc.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:

Wow, this just come in to me. Since I can import RLCN as color palettes, is it possible that importing RCSNs will have the tile arranged automatically?

And I still can't figure out how to meddle the offset. And CrystalTile2 tends to crash when I keep resizing the windows alot.

Now I'm trying to use the no$gba Debugger mode, as I've seen in MapleStory thread.

Maybe we can do something with RSCN. But I don't know how. T_T
CT2 crashed a lot on my computer as well. So it's not just me. Yay.
biggrin.gif

Keep it up and please let me know if you find out something. Thank you so much.

Currently, I'm trying to add translations from TLWiki to the files. (Now working on Rinko's. She's just so funny.)

------------------------------

By the way, I don't I have to explain why people would enjoy this game, do I?
happy.gif

(It's coming to 3DS, maybe you can do a lot more things with it. Later maybe you'll have Love Plus 5Ds where you can summon these girls to fight with your friends' girls in a children's card game.
laugh.gif
)

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jjjewel said:
Czero90 said:

Maybe we can do something with RSCN. But I don't know how. T_T
CT2 crashed a lot on my computer as well. So it's not just me. Yay.
biggrin.gif

Keep it up and please let me know if you find out something. Thank you so much.

Currently, I'm trying to add translations from TLWiki to the files. (Now working on Rinko's. She's just so funny.)

------------------------------

By the way, I don't I have to explain why people would enjoy this game, do I?
happy.gif

(It's coming to 3DS, maybe you can do a lot more things with it. Later maybe you'll have Love Plus 5Ds where you can summon these girls to fight with your friends' girls in a children's card game.
laugh.gif
)
Alright. For starter, I'll list out each files with their respective file type. I'll have them complete by tonight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/