ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Exaltys said:
You can't touch them. You can't share a warm embrace, a kiss, a hug, cuddling, or sex. They can't learn and grow with you throughout life. You can't have a child with them. Etc etc.
Frankly speaking, I don't care about having such thing IRL. Yes, really. I already given up on reality.

Escapism? Yeah, I guess you can put it that way.

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Exaltys said:
You can't touch them. You can't share a warm embrace, a kiss, a hug, cuddling, or sex. They can't learn and grow with you throughout life. You can't have a child with them. Etc etc.

Because it's game, it's not meant to be real. It's meant for fun and enjoyment, to be able to find something that you would never be able to in real life. I can't go to Mushroom Kingdom, that's why I play Mario games, I can't go to Hyrule, that's why I play Zelda games. I'm pretty sure I will never find a true tsundere in real life, that's why I date Rinko! XD

It's meant for fun, to be entertaining. Yes, some people may take it to the extremes, but overall, it's another game, another way to have fun. And I can guarantee it that it is enjoyable.
happy.gif

Good work with the patch, loving it so far. Pitty that Rinko is only the second with most translation complete. Preoritize Rinko! XD
Just kidding, just kidding.
tongue.gif

Amazing work, keep up the awesome job!
yaynds.gif

Nelhew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I want to play this for one reason. I am so bored. Seriously. Been playing Runescape for while now.. That's how bored I am. Finished Re:Coded...

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
noctislucis said:
Exaltys said:
I suppose I'll never understand...

Yes, you will never understand
closedeyes.gif

jjjewel I'll erect a statue in your honor, thank you and the TLWiki team!
hrth.gif

... You'll erect a statue ... Heh. I'm thinking something really funny right now
tongue.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahem... Please try to stay on topic.
(I mean this thread is mainly about Rom hacking...)

-----------------------------

A bit more on graphics:

I researched a bit on some packing option (to put the graphic files together so we can view them in CT2) and found that narctool might be our choice.

Here's the procedure.

- Download narctool
http://members.cox.net/dexter0/DSTools/narctool.shtml
- Put all the decompressed files in one folder
- Put narctool.exe one level above the decompressed file folder
- Make batch file to run narctool
(Ex. narctool.exe p NewFolder newFolder.narc)
Or you can use command line for this too, I guess.
- Run batch file and you should get a .narc file
- Open .narc file in CrystalTile2.
- Now you will see which ones are the palettes, the picture, tile, etc.
- Try right-click them to see what you can get.
(Mostly, for RGCN you can "Retrieve tile address", for RCLN you get "Palette Load" and for RCSN you get "Map Address Load".)

This trick might be useful for other projects with a lot of individual graphic files too.

000211.png

@Czero90, you might try it out. Now I can view pictures that come with RCSN properly. (But for some RGCNs, you might still want to adjust the tile's width and height to get the correct picture.)

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a feeling I know the answer but... is there something that a person with 0 japanese writing knowledge and 0 rom hacking experience can do? I would like to help this project! ^^'

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LuigiPT said:
I have a feeling I know the answer but... is there something that a person with 0 japanese writing knowledge and 0 rom hacking experience can do? I would like to help this project! ^^'
You can help test playing it and then report any errors you find.
Kuren and GeekyGuy are helping with the editing now, but if you find any errors in the patch, please report them too.
wub.gif

By the way, anyone played the game and has an idea how
????????
should be translated or romanized?

It was romanized as Wallwajin in one of TLWiki's translations but I don't think that's correct though.
At least the last one isn't supposed to be 'jin'. It could be 'win' or 'vin' I think.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
????????

It was romanized as Wallwajin in one of TLWiki's translations but I don't think that's correct though.
At least the last one isn't supposed to be 'jin'. It could be 'win' or 'vin' I think.

The romanized version looks a bit like "Voruvavin".

????????????
Vo-ru-va-vi-n

Don't ask me what it means, though, cause I have noooo clue.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to see someone who pays attention to details, such as grammar and spelling. I'll download this patch over the weekend and give it a test and help out as much as I can with editing, etc. I'm totally OCD when it comes to spelling and grammar.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phoenixgoddess27 said:
jjjewel said:
????????

The romanized version looks a bit like "Voruvavin".

????????????
Vo-ru-va-vi-n

Don't ask me what it means, though, cause I have noooo clue.

Wolverine?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a robot in the game. (In Rinko's dream event.)

Please see second pic in the link (I just Googled it.) Note: Spoiler alert for 1 of Manaka and 1 of Rinko's dream event.

http://nonnodb.blog78.fc2.com/blog-entry-1443.html

Kind of have no idea how it's supposed to be romanized.

There's also a similar item in Tokimemo Girl's Side 1.
Hibiya's choice of BD present is ???????????. (I just translated it as Robot in GS1's patch.)
(Have tried looking up Konami's robot games for reference but couldn't find any. T_T)

At first I was thinking about Wolverine too. Previous translations in TLWiki used Wallwajin.
But I think the sounds should be all "V". Will Volvavin be too weird?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
Apparently its a fictional anime title. So yeah, just leave it to Wallwajin, I think?

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title...us:00000146.txt
starting 0001

credit to ten2zen for pointing this out.
Yep, got to that page too, but no matter what, from the Japanese word ????????, the last sound shouldn't be "jin."
? should be "v" or at most "w".

jurassicplayer said:
I actually kind of feel like you should have it as a parody to some well-known mecha anime (more amusing IMO rather than the current word).
Yeah. But Konami likes to put reference to it own games, so I'm kind of looking if it ever appeared somewhere else before. Not sure if this robot name has been mentioned in any of the Tokimeki Memorial's original series (where you go for girls) or not.

QUOTE(phoenixgoddess27 @ Jan 14 2011, 06:41 AM)
Inori said she translated that in TMGS2 as "Volvabin".
Thank you so much. And please thank Inori too.
wub.gif

I don't know why the names aren't spelled the same in Tokimemo and in Love Plus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Billies Jeans did not