ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I think we should change the girls name in the dialog box.
for example the original writes "Takane" but you changed it to "Manaka"

Both are her name, but I like to keep the originality and "be Japanese".
Besides calling someone you first met with her first name is rude, right?

It's like she called you by your last name in story mode but after confession, she called you by your first name. I want the same for the girls.

Think of it like your dating a real Japanese girl in Japan. You're in Towano City after all, not New York.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
greator said:
I think we should change the girls name in the dialog box.
for example the original writes "Takane" but you changed it to "Manaka"

Both are her name, but I like to keep the originality and "be Japanese".
Besides calling someone you first met with her first name is rude, right?

It's like she called you by your last name in story mode but after confession, she called you by your first name. I want the same for the girls.

Think of it like your dating a real Japanese girl in Japan. You're in Towano City after all, not New York.
That's because the text box is not big enough to put Anegasaki or Kobayakawa. That's why I had to change Takane to Manaka.

(The text box can hold only 8 characters. I don't want to make their names Anegasa or Kobayaka, or something like that.
tongue.gif
)

There are some technical stuff that I didn't explain, but feel free to ask if you spot something and wonder why it appeared a certain way.
happy.gif

The text length is also the reason why I had to call Botanical Garden as Garden or Botanical Gd. and Amusement Park as Theme Park, etc.

---Argh, is it my Internet or does GBATemp get slower? I had problem posting my messages since yesterday. Sometimes I couldn't even access the forum.
unsure.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mardax said:
I can help you in some of graphics in your project of course if you want it
smile.gif
Thank you very much.
wub.gif
But the graphics problems now are more on the hacking side. There are a few discussions between Czero90 and I some pages back. If you get yourself familiar with this game's graphic format, you can ask Czero90 if there's any helped needed. (I leave the graphic works to Czero90 now.
happy.gif
)

--------------------

For the editors:

I'll have to help other projects this weekend. But I should be able to get back to Love Plus script right after that. For the meantime, please help editing the available scripts on Google Docs. Around midweek next week, I will put the current ones you are editing in the script files and upload a new set of scripts for you.

---------------------
For the players:

We still need your feedbacks. Please help report any errors you find.
Report 1: Game is playable or not
Report 2: Grammar/spelling errors

Mardax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh I never translated games or halping in translation project. But i can edit pics what you want and try to save as format what you need or save as format to convert it to what a format you need.
png, jpg, gif, bmp or something else.

azraeld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the new patch, looks lovely so far
biggrin.gif
can't wait for your translation and patching to be finished you are doing a great job
biggrin.gif

Exhaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick update on the open scripts, I finished editing the files up to 291 and I think the majority of script/grammatical errors were there this time around since they weren't open for editing last time. As for the rest, I'll run through them again a bit later when I have the time.
closedeyes.gif

@jjjewel, in case you were still wondering about it. It's probably not your internet at fault, it just happens sometimes when there's a lot of web traffic.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mardax said:
Oh I never translated games or halping in translation project. But i can edit pics what you want and try to save as format what you need or save as format to convert it to what a format you need.
png, jpg, gif, bmp or something else.
The graphics left now are the ones that will need some hacking skills. This game's graphics come in quite complicated format. But thank you. I might ask you later if I find any graphics that might need your help. ^__^

QUOTE(Exhaust @ Feb 12 2011, 02:48 PM) Just a quick update on the open scripts, I finished editing the files up to 291 and I think the majority of script/grammatical errors were there this time around since they weren't open for editing last time. As for the rest, I'll run through them again a bit later when I have the time.
closedeyes.gif

@jjjewel, in case you were still wondering about it. It's probably not your internet at fault, it just happens sometimes when there's a lot of web traffic.
Thank you very much. And thanks for the note. A few days ago, I posted a few messages on the forum but they never went through and I only got "Can't connect to server" message, so I was wondering if something went wrong.
biggrin.gif

====================

Note about study date:

By the way, besides Valentine's Day, if you play the game around this time, you might encounter the study date when your girlfriend invite you to study together. If anyone plays this part, please give feedbacks how you think about the questions. I had to make up some questions because the original ones won't make sense in English. (These new questions are the ones with fill-in-the-blank English idioms and easy Japanese to English translation, etc.) If you can think of better questions, please feel free to suggest. Anyway, I kept the Japanese history questions. If you think they are too difficult, please also let me know.

Nimsan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chesskid1
If you want to pursue a particular girl your best course of action is to ignore any advances and events involving the other two and focus on her. In Manaka's case for instance, you'll want to be sure to put any events with her icon on them in your schedule. Always ask her to walk home together ( even if the response is a no ), and of course give her positive feedback once she has your cell number. Attend tennis club frequently too. Each girl has stat preferences as well. For example, Rinko has an affinity for Fitness and Sense, if I remembered correctly. The TLWiki page is also a good reference. http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Love_Plus

P.S. If you manage to woe all three girls on the three separate save files provided, you get a nice surprise
wink.gif
. And like clock work, they give you chocolates on V-day, which is today! Pretty funny too.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hackov said:
Excuse me... and how to out new updates this Translation Patch?
I am not sure I understand what you mean, but if you have problem patching it, there's a Patching Instructions on the first page.

QUOTE(Multiskin @ Feb 13 2011, 03:32 PM) hope that Nene get it translation made....
frown.gif

i loved her personality and hobbies, too bad i didn't choose her because that not even 50% of her files are done
Unfortunately, we don't have enough translators. So it will take a while until Nene's scripts will be translated. The current priority is Manaka-->Rinko-->Nene.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Unfortunately, we don't have enough translators. So it will take a while until Nene's scripts will be translated. The current priority is Manaka-->Rinko-->Nene.

I won't be able to help even a little until I figure out a few things about TMGS3.
Sorry
frown.gif

But I promise to help after I figure things out.

C

croagunk.master

Wow! I've been waiting for this forever! I don't know Japanese but you have my continued support!
wink.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated progress status. Actually Nene got about 40% scripts translated, so even though there might be some Japanese text here and there, you can actually play her route without many problems. (But if you can wait, then wait for later patches so you don't feel frustrated when you don't know what she says.
happy.gif
)

By the way, I forgot to change one command box when you buy a gift for your girlfriend. (After Valentine's Day, you can go to the Mall (in real time mode) and pick some White Day's gift for your girlfriend.) When you buy the gift, the text box will say "You received a gift from your girlfriend." But it actually has to be "You have bought a gift for your girlfriend."

P.S. If you shop early, you can look around different shops to see what they have. Be careful, once you buy it, you can't change your mind. (Whether the girl will like your gift depends on her personality too. Anyway, I usually pick the thing I want her to wear, not the thing she likes the best.
tongue.gif
)

phoenixgoddess27 said:
jjjewel said:

I won't be able to help even a little until I figure out a few things about TMGS3.
Sorry
frown.gif

But I promise to help after I figure things out.
Thank you.
biggrin.gif

We will need help especially for Nene's scripts.

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks! I'm playing this game and I love it!
I hope you can finish it with no problems.

Also, I was wondering if I can use the script to make the game into spanish, maybe someday I'll translate it with some friends to our language, only if you are okey with that.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exiron said:
Thanks! I'm playing this game and I love it!
I hope you can finish it with no problems.

Also, I was wondering if I can use the script to make the game into spanish, maybe someday I'll translate it with some friends to our language, only if you are okey with that.
The translation is not mine alone, but I don't think TLWiki prohibits the use of their scripts. So I think it should be okay.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: