ROM Hack [Complete] Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've added a lot more scripts on the Script List page and those are for Open Translation. Anyone interested in helping can go ahead and translate/edit the files. I'm still changing the old Google Docs format to the new ones (with 2 tables). I also put the scripts with similar contents together. (Some of them are like the same scripts, only with different speakers, so you can just copy and paste the translations and change only the name, etc.)

wub.gif
Script List Page
wub.gif
New editing guidelines

So, everyone can contribute whatever you can do. If you know Japanese, you can check to see if there are any parts you can help translate. If you're good at English, then you can fix the grammar and spelling, etc.

For the beta testers, I plan to release another patch at the end of February. I'll announce here about a week before the release. So anyone interested, please wait a little bit and contact me again later then.

For graphic editors, let's wait until all the names in the game are finalized. Most of the work for the graphic editors will be to change the Japanese texts in the pictures to English. So we have to wait until we finish the scripts first.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bahamut920 said:
Wikipedia says "Annallee", but I haven't played II much so I'm not personally sure.

QUOTE(sedicius @ Jan 31 2010, 11:27 PM) Well if we romanize the katakana it would be Annerii...

Honestly I think it should be spelled Annalee with one l.
It looks a little funky with two l's.
That's just me though.

Thanks to both of you, bahamut920 and sedicius.
wub.gif
For now, I use Annalee since it's shorter and thus takes less space in the translation. But if anyone have more info about the official name, please let me know.

orangedoll

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ahh jewel
smile.gif

I've been reading the scripts and its going great. : )

muahah can't wait for the new patch! but no rush!! health is always priority!! : )

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
wub.gif
For now, I use Annalee since it's shorter and thus takes less space in the translation. But if anyone have more info about the official name, please let me know.
No problem. If you have any more questions about the Suikoden-related names, feel free to ask. I've played through the first game a few times, so I know that one pretty well, although my familiarity drops sharply if the conversation turns to the newer games.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bahamut920 said:
jjjewel said:
wub.gif
No problem. If you have any more questions about the Suikoden-related names, feel free to ask. I've played through the first game a few times, so I know that one pretty well, although my familiarity drops sharply if the conversation turns to the newer games.
Thanks so much. We got a lot of store names in this game that I believe are the names from Suikoden. (Jess, Sofia, Sierra, Nanami, etc.)

I added a technical stuff page on Google Site, in case anyone interested. (Include the pointer format in this game.)

http://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/technical-stuff

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Hope I won't get penalty for double post.)

Now we're recruiting Beta Testers.

You can fill the application form here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?fo...RRjRNQVVtdGc6MA

- Next patch release is February 28, 2010.
- The test patch will be sent as a password-protected .zip file via email. (You will get a password to unzip it.)
- Most of the menu and in-game instructions are already translated.
- There are about 30-40% of the scripts translated but most of them are still unedited. (Which means there may be misspelling, mistranslation, grammatical errors, etc. And the beta testers will have to help reporting these errors, and may help with the editing if you can.)

- Last time we got have a problem that the patched rom didn't work on R4i cart. So we'll appreciate if anyone with R4i cart could test this new patch for us.

wub.gif
There's still a long way to go for this project but so far everything is going great. Thanks to everyone's helps.
wub.gif

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Still looking for a translator? I'm trying to get involved with as many of these as I can (no I wont overload myself and end up not helping any of them much - I'm limiting myself to 3-5 projects so I can devote at least the same number of hours per project a week. I just wish I had gotten involved earlier >.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valiarchon said:
Still looking for a translator? I'm trying to get involved with as many of these as I can (no I wont overload myself and end up not helping any of them much - I'm limiting myself to 3-5 projects so I can devote at least the same number of hours per project a week. I just wish I had gotten involved earlier >.

nutmeg2736

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just sent in an application for beta testing. I've been looking for a translation for this game for the longest time. Thank you so much for your efforts! I was wondering why the patch rar is password protected. Is it to force people like me to apply for beta testing?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to start the test again tomorrow. Unfortunately this week I was busy cleaning up the mess of a house my family decided to leave when I left for two days...I haven't even started Pokemon SoulSilver...and I bought that game
biggrin.gif

Edit: Actually I found a bit of time. Sent in report one. Report two I couldn't really do since everything I saw was already reported
tongue.gif

piccu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, this is a wonderful project
biggrin.gif
I've first read about it on MNR forums and I'm really glad that so many people are working on this!

I've just sent in my application, I'd love to help!

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who applied for beta testers, you will be contacted when the new patch is out. Please wait.
happy.gif

nutmeg2736 said:
I was wondering why the patch rar is password protected. Is it to force people like me to apply for beta testing?

Because the patches are for beta testers to test, not for public. I restricted the patches to beta testers because the project is still far from complete. Beta testers should know (or at least I assume they know) that they play the patched game to check for errors and report them, not to complain about them. (If the current patches were released to public, general people would only get upset with incomplete translation and keep complaining.)
biggrin.gif

nutmeg2736

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I understand. ^^; Though you'd think "beta version" should indicate to people that there are still kinks to work out. No worries, if I do get to beta test, I'll do my best to help.

Julitz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Will it be work at edge card???
since i just have edge card right now...
is it will work on it?
blink.gif

i also have applied the beta tester...hope i can help...^^

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
ya may not check this but new patch for march 31st doesn't work for r4 ultra (r4 clone) newest firm 1.55. i just get a white screen of death. doesn't work for akaio 1.5 MOD regular start unless i hold x so u can count it still works for it.. the previous feb patch worked perfectly for r4 ultra clone and akaio 1.5 (no holdin X).

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Julitz said:
Will it be work at edge card???
since i just have edge card right now...
is it will work on it?
blink.gif

i also have applied the beta tester...hope i can help...^^
QUOTE(ripandsip @ Apr 10 2010, 06:10 PM) ya may not check this but new patch for march 31st doesn't work for r4 ultra (r4 clone) newest firm 1.55. i just get a white screen of death. doesn't work for akaio 1.5 MOD regular start unless i hold x so u can count it still works for it.. the previous feb patch worked perfectly for r4 ultra clone and akaio 1.5 (no holdin X).
The latest results for flashcarts/emus that worked with the test patches are reported here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tw0...amp;output=html

Anyway, I still don't know if I will be able to fix anything if the final patch doesn't work on particular carts. Will have to see what I can do. It's still a long way until this translation will be finished so just wait patiently if something doesn't work now.

By the way, if anyone applies for beta tester, you will be contacted only when the new patch is released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...