ROM Hack [Complete] Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ugh... I have an awful cold so my brain's a bit funny today.. but er.. I'd go for last name first name rather than the other way around. No particular reason, I just simply prefer it. ;>

Oh and about the other thing.. why not make a shared blog (on livejournal or blogspot or anything) where all translators/editors/etc get an account and are able to make entries / comment on entries ...those are easier to handle imo than free message boards. and I don't really think we'd need a message board anyways, to find certain entries we could just use tags and have one summary entry linking to all others. Just my thoughts.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first group of beta testers, please standby. I'll probably release a test patch this weekend instead.

There's a new progress with good news and bad news. Good news is I found some missing texts that I'd been trying to find for a long time and managed to get them translated. I could also fix some stuff that have been bothered me. And after all these, the rom worked on my emulators (No$GBA and DeSmuME). Bad news is this version of rom didn't work on my R4, neither with YSmenu. So I'm pretty sure it won't work on most of your flashcards either.

Anyway, it will take me a while to figure a solution to this. (It has something to do with Arm9.bin's compression. A little bit beyond my knowledge for now.) While I'm learning how to solve this problem, I'll let you test the version that worked on my R4 first. No need to check or edit any scripts for now but please check whether the rom works on your card and then give me an opinion on the naming system after you finished playing the introduction part.

Miruki had set up a blog for us. (Thanks so much.
wub.gif
) I'll send you the patch and the blog link via PM or email so you can post your opinions on the blog when you test the patch.
happy.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update after the first test patch.

Tokimemo1Test-20100123.patch
(Patch not yet released to public, only beta testers)

Specific Details in spoiler tag.
Description: Beta test patch
Released Date: 2010-01-23

Packing/Unpacking Program: CrystalTile2 version 2009.03.10
Patch Created with: Xdelta_GUI

Details:
- Some script files translated
- Most system files translated
- All fashion items translated
- All calendar items translated
- Used original compressed Arm9.bin

Testers:

* 5hours
* Aeladya
* Alice
* Capi
* Jia
* jjjewel
* Maverynthia
* miruki
* orangedoll

Flashcart Test Results: (No. of tester, Card / Version or Firmware)

Worked on

* 1 Acekard 2i/AKAIO 1.5.1
* 1 m3 real/latest Sakura
* 1 R4/Version 2
* 1 R4/1.17a12
* 1 R4/2nd gen.
* 1 R4III/ version 3.10
* 1 M3i/M3 Sakura
* 1 Supercard DS One/Moonshell 1.41 Supercard 3.14, Realtime Save 1.2

Did not work on

* 1 R4i

Emulator Test Results:
Worked on

* 1 No$gba 2.6a+myZoom
* 2 DeSmuME.0.9.4-win32

-----------------------------------

Next Steps:

- Release the kana->English patch. (Just change the Kana font to English, not thing much.)
- Release the test patch with Arm9.bin decompressed. (Most likely will not work on flashcart, but just to check.)
(These 2 patches will be optional. If any testers feel interested, you can try them. Both patches are ready, I'll email/PM the testers the download links once I finished updating my contact list.)

- Try changing the font. Noitora
wub.gif
will help with the font change. We will have a prettier font after he's done.

- Deal with Arm9.bin's compression. (I've tried so many things but still nothing worked yet. Will try to get some helps around here later.)

So the next main patch release will be after the font change and after I can fix arm9.bin's compression. (Can't say when, but I'd expect within a few weeks.)

------------------------------------

What the testers can do for now.

- Note any errors, misspellings, grammatical errors, etc., so they can be fixed in the next patch release.

- Play the game and save right before various important events, ex. Sports day, Exam, Valentine's day, your birthday, field trip, etc. Just save in different slots, so in case we need to check the scripts for some specific events, you can just load your save file.

-------------------------------------

By the way, if there's anyone with R4i flashcart that is willing to test the patch, please contact me. I want to confirm that the patch really doesn't work on R4i. Thank you.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
I think you should edit your first post and add this info to it!
smile.gif

All right. Done. (Wow, a very long first post.)

I think I sent everyone on my contact list the download page and the password already. (Both via email and PM.) If you are one of the testers and haven't received my message yet, please contact me.

mentality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to be an editor and/or tester! (: As long as its fine that I don't speak japanese...(:

Please contact me: [email protected] [I don't log on here too often.. only made an account to offer my assistance

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New font update:
http://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/p...dates-1/newfont

For the editors or the testers that can help with English editing, please go the our Blogspot blog. (You already have the link, right? If not, just let me know.) You can report any misspellings, grammar errors, etc. there.

For now, we won't do any graphic editing part. We will start the graphic editing again after the scripts are mostly checked and approved. (There are some specific names or signs, etc. in the graphics that need to be edited from Japanese to English, but we need to know what names we will use first.)

For the testing, I will announce again later if we need more tester.
happy.gif

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the problem you're having with arm9 compression? Crystaltile2 should be able to handle that. If you're getting an error that the new one is bigger than the original, just find another game that has a bigger arm9 and use that one to compress it.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
What's the problem you're having with arm9 compression? Crystaltile2 should be able to handle that. If you're getting an error that the new one is bigger than the original, just find another game that has a bigger arm9 and use that one to compress it.

I could decompress it with CrystalTile2 but I couldn't compress it back. (None of my programs that handle LZ77 worked.) For now, I could put the edited decompressed arm9.bin back into the rom and rebuilt it. This rom worked on emulators but not on the flashcart.

Let me try to write what I've done with arm9.bin and the results so far here.

- Decompressed it with general LZ77 programs (Nintenlord's & gbalzss), rebuilt rom with decompressed file.--> Rom didn't work on any emulators/flashcart.

- Decompressed it with CrystalTile's built-in LZ77, rebuilt rom with decompressed file. ---> Rom worked on emulators (No$GBA, DesMuMe) but not flashcarts.

- Decompressed it with CrystalTile's built-in LZ77, compressed it (tried several programs), rebuilt rom with compressed file. --->Rom didn't work on any emulators/flashcart.

So the problem is I'll need to either compress the arm9.bin the way it's supposed to be compressed or try to find a way to make the decompressed arm9.bin works on the flashcart. (Sorry if this sounds confusing. I plan to post a new thread asking about this but still couldn't think of the right way to explain the problem. T_T.)

Edit: I don't know what I did with CrystalTile2 but seemed like I got it to compress Arm9.bin for me now. It worked on my R4 so I expect the new rom to work on other cards too. (Really not sure how I did it. Will need to confirm the procedure again but at least if I could get it to work once, I should be able to make it work again later.) Yay! One problem (almost) solved.
biggrin.gif

-------------

By the way, do we have any Suikoden fans here? I just found out that many locations in this game are based on the characters in Genso Suikoden game. I've never played that game so I wonder how they officially spelled the name Annalee/Annallee. Will it be Annalee or Annallee? I saw people used both names when I googled it so I don't know which one is correct. (It's a flower shop's name in this Tokimemo game.)

sedicius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if we romanize the katakana it would be Annerii...

Honestly I think it should be spelled Annalee with one l.
It looks a little funky with two l's.
That's just me though.

HiddenFlames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May I help? I'm not so very good with grammar but I'm good at spelling and I really want to see more translated dating games in english cause rite not there are only one or two games that are good in english that's actually good and in the categories of dating

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
HiddenFlames said:
May I help? I'm not so very good with grammar but I'm good at spelling and I really want to see more translated dating games in english cause rite not there are only one or two games that are good in english that's actually good and in the categories of dating

Maybe in your case you should start with the basics. GRAMMAR. Also spelling wise its "right" not "rite"

"I really want to see more translated dating games in english cause rite not there are only one or two games that are good in english that's actually good and in the categories of dating"
This comment really didn't make any sense either.

Good luck with the project if you are still translating, I've already acquired the rom.
rolleyes.gif
If you need another tester I'd be glad to help out too.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been sick since yesterday. T_T

I got so many PMs and emails. I'll try to answer them when I feel better. (I post here first so you know I didn't ignore your messages.
happy.gif
")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass