Complete Rom and ISO for every system for collecting and history

PieMan6474

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get every old game on the entire internet for every system and all revisions for information and collecting of video game history. I need to know when the version of games and when they were released. All and any help is appreciative. Thanks in Advance. Edit: I hope this is ok to post here? Edit#2:Misspelled Advance

Last edited by PieMan6474,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@DKAngel you're not allowed to link to ROM sites.

If anyone's interested, here's a screenshot of list of No-Intro romsets and their sizes. All in all about 40Gb
1.png 2.png

I sure hope he not only trims the ROMs, but also stores everything in 7zip files, for storage's sake.
for archival purposes, you should never trim roms. It's not even needed, excess space will be handled by the compression.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember once I thought this was a good cause, and ended up burning a couple hundreds of DVDs that I never used again before I realized I was wasting my time and resources in a very dumb way, something that depressed me to the point of putting my PC, DVDs and myself into fire long enough to turn into ashes and reincarnate into a cockroach. Life as a cockroach was hard, but not so much if you got to be born in a cockroach farm in Jinai, you're fed with some quality food and you live an easy life without a care, that is until you end up deep fried and as a snack for some adventurous tourist. Fortunately I was a good and tasty enough cockroach, which granted my next reincarnation as a human again... Things are different this time, I am sure I will not repeat the same mistake again, I mean, burning DVDs is not a good idea in these times, probably I will end up collecting a stack of 2TB USB HDDs.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am trying to get every old game on the entire internet for every system and all revisions for information and collecting of video game history. I need to know when the version of games and when they were released. All and any help is appreciative. Thanks in Advance. Edit: I hope this is ok to post here? Edit#2:Misspelled Advance
how many space you got in your hard drives?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need to know when the version of games and when they were released. All and any help is appreciative.
https://kotaku.com/5897284/nobody-knows-when-the-hell-super-mario-bros-was-released

Others already linked no-intro. These days they are probably the foremost source for consoles. For arcade as well then mame dats http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats/ to go with https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/ are where it is at.

No-intro go for the purest releases possible so if you are also interested in scene history you will have to go for other things. In which case goodtools is a good start there http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/GoodTools (if you have ever seen "random" text in square brackets at the end of ROM names then this is likely what it is from).

Others asked about size
https://gbatemp.net/threads/do-we-a...tsc-titles-would-take-up.486654/#post-7633077

For that I took a wander to a torrent site, found a slightly older torrent but it is not like masses of new games are being found and dumped.

Code:
Atari - 5200 (20081124)
Atari - 7800 (20130121)
Atari - Jaguar (20100525)
Atari - Lynx (20101028)
Atari - ST (20120212)
Bandai - WonderSwan (20101126)
Bandai - WonderSwan Color (20090531)
Casio - Loopy (20090617)
Casio - PV-1000 (20100525)
Coleco - ColecoVision (20100822)
Commodore - 64 (20090416)
Commodore - 64 (PP) (20090507)
Commodore - 64 (Tapes) (20090416)
Commodore - Amiga (20111115)
Commodore - Plus-4 (20090105)
Commodore - VIC-20 (20090106)
Emerson - Arcadia 2001 (20081124)
Entex - Adventure Vision (20081125)
Epoch - Super Cassette Vision (20100525)
Fairchild - Channel F (20081125)
Funtech - Super Acan (20100527)
GamePark - GP32 (20100224)
GCE - Vectrex (20081109)
Hartung - Game Master (20081125)
Magnavox - Odyssey2 (20081127)
Microsoft - MSX (20111129)
Microsoft - MSX 2 (20111129)
NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16 (20121016)
NEC - Super Grafx (20110307)
Nintendo - Famicom Disk System (20110212)
Nintendo - Game Boy (20120501)
Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (20120512)
Nintendo - Game Boy Color (20121030)
Nintendo - Nintendo 64 (20120427)
Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System (20121027)
Nintendo - Pokemon Mini (20081130)
Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System (20121028)
Nintendo - Virtual Boy (20120206)
Philips - Videopac+ (20081108)
RCA - Studio II (20090104)
Sega - 32X (20110728)
Sega - Game Gear (20120814)
Sega - Master System - Mark III (20120417)
Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis (20120901)
Sega - PICO (20120922)
Sega - SG-1000 (20120425)
SNK - Neo Geo Pocket (20120228)
SNK - Neo Geo Pocket Color (20120227)
Tiger - Game.com (20081125)
Tiger - Gizmondo (20070531)
Watara - Supervision (20081124)
VTech - CreatiVision (20081127)
To store all that will take 21.83 of your storage's GiB (23437324169 Bytes).

As was mentioned then add the optical systems to that and it will balloon. Probably not so much that any one system can not be handled by home storage, albeit one that will see you have to learn the fundamentals of proper data storage (it will be a proper array for probably at least the next 8 years and even then it will be on the ragged edge). Not to mention many games there will need redumps if you want archival grade -- for the sake of my sanity I am not going to contemplate the 50000 iso formats that the PS1 era saw (nrg, clonecd, cdrwin, straight iso, cue+bin...) for too long and instead look at the original xbox where a lot of things were cut down for size, or reconstructed from hard drive dumps.
You might also want to contemplate the nature of Wii scrubbing if you are going that path. While I would agree trimming is pointless, especially if also compressing (so many times most of the compression gains are the trimmed section) here for the Wii it could serve a greater purpose and if done properly not trouble any existing device, and likely not any future one that people will care about.

http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6 and http://abgx360.xecuter.com/verified.php are also useful resources.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
burning a couple hundreds of DVDs that I never used again
Never underestimate the accidental advantages of single-use media - I found lots of allegedly lost files from my first computer years on CD's I burnt at the time (ranging from out-of-the-window pics to try our brand new 1 megapizza digital camera to my Pokemon Ruby romhack and editing tools - passing through drivers for my desktop PC that the formerly great HP decided to arbitrarily delete from their website)

Reactions: sarkwalvein

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my MAME collection: Arcade roms and CHD (compressed hard disk/ cd images) files: 545GB.
Same for the folder of softwarelist titles (computers, consols, etc.): 1.98TB
History.dat: 27.6MB

EDIT: and I'm fairly certain a flood of laser disc games is getting added shortly...

PieMan6474

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my MAME collection: Arcade roms and CHD (compressed hard disk/ cd images) files: 545GB.
Same for the folder of softwarelist titles (computers, consols, etc.): 1.98TB
History.dat: 27.6MB

EDIT: and I'm fairly certain a flood of laser disc games is getting added shortly...
Is that a lot or just minimal?

Last edited by PieMan6474,

TheUtahITGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Afternoon. I am looking for a complete collection of ROM. I am using Lakka and emby server to host my games in house. I have storage space so I am not scared of that. I am willing to pay for the collection. I do not have the time to sit down and download from the websites one by one. Would any one be willing to get in touch with me?

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
google no intro romset 2018 and you'll have everything in a 40gb zip (little less than 40 gbs)

Reactions: Ryccardo

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questionable posting about any of this stuff here - definitely dancing on the line w.r.t. da rules.

For anyone who is curious, though, these 40GB figures you keep seeing are for all ROM's from the mid-90's and below. Once you move into the PS1, you start looking at >1TB for each region uncompressed. Gamecube is 1-2TB uncompressed for everything. I think PSP is similar. Encrypted 3DS dumps end up being about 1TB, I think.

Formats start to get weird from the Wii on up. On the Wii specifically, discs are filled with algorithmically (sp?) generated garbage data, so they are difficult to compress without trimming. Archiving nerds will need to make tough choices, there. WiiU uses some weird file formats for eShop games I haven't looked into too much... good luck finding disk dumps.

Haven't messed around with Xbox 360/PS3 ISO's but they are out there. No Datfiles for consistent naming, though. You will need to make one yourself. 3DS datfiles are also missing the vast majority of updates and DLC.

You will be needing some pretty serious storage tech if you actually want to keep all of these locally, reliably.

Random brain dump for you there.

Last edited by PityOnU,

TheUtahITGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questionable posting about any of this stuff here - definitely dancing on the line w.r.t. da rules.

For anyone who is curious, though, these 40GB figures you keep seeing are for all ROM's from the mid-90's and below. Once you move into the PS1, you start looking at >1TB for each region uncompressed. Gamecube is 1-2TB uncompressed for everything. I think PSP is similar. Encrypted 3DS dumps end up being about 1TB, I think.

Formats start to get weird from the Wii on up. On the Wii specifically, discs are filled with algorithmically (sp?) generated garbage data, so they are difficult to compress without trimming. Archiving nerds will need to make tough choices, there. WiiU uses some weird file formats for eShop games I haven't looked into too much... good luck finding disk dumps.

Haven't messed around with Xbox 360/PS3 ISO's but they are out there. No Datfiles for consistent naming, though. You will need to make one yourself. 3DS datfiles are also missing the vast majority of updates and DLC.

You will be needing some pretty serious storage tech if you actually want to keep all of these locally, reliably.

Random brain dump for you there.
Good info thanks. I am supper not scared of storage. Right now I am sitting on two datacenter server hosting 157tb each. So I am covered for storage space. The link dose help. I am more looking for vintage games 90's, 80's and 70's. I do think it would be cool to some how ahve the xbox games hosted on the server then played thought the network. But I have not been to find anyone who has done that just yet. But that another topic.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't get it. Are you going to have the time to even look at 1% of all the games you want to download..?
Good point. The games are not for me, I am doing a project for some middle school kids, I am having them "build" their own PC in a class I am teaching. We got a bunch of Raspberry pies donated and that is were the Lakka OS comes in. I am going to have to filter some games out. ( some are not good for kids ) hence why I am just look for the download of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay