Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
John Vattic.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5943/...ic4jb_large.jpg

(Main character from Second Sight).

Now; he might look like a maniac there but that's only because they've been experimenting on him. However, throughout Second Sight, John Vattic shows a lot of intelligence and moral fibre. Also, throughout the game he saves and protects the children from their adult oppressors. But obviously the most prominent thing about him are his special abilities. The ability to charm anyone to his will, become invisible, telekenesis, psiwaves and spyblasts, healing, projection and possession.

These skills could be easily utilised. You know how it is, you're on a camping trip and your child falls down a ravine; the classic scenario. Now, usually you'd have to go to the trouble of going ALL the way down, hiding the body and fleeing the country, but not John Vattic; he can simply cause his child to hover back onto the cliff. Side effects may contain choking, but hey, that's what HEALING'S for, right?

And there's no tantrums from this kid, he can just charm him, or if that doesn't work, go and possess him to go and diss an older kid, then leave the body. That'll be a nice life lesson.

And in the event that something bad actually does happen, like a mugger attacking his child, well, a quick psiwave will put him out of his misery.

Now, Vattic's child will obviously be intelligent, and he'll inherit this, and thus also inherit the terrible-at-sport gene. However, thanks to the psiblast, the other children at sports day will be falling over surprisingly much during the sack race.

And if the child runs away or sneaks out, or is suspected of doing drugs or something, rather than the modern attempt at tracking them by tracking their mobile, why not just follow round as a ghostly projection? Plus, he can be as lazy as he likes with his telekenesis. Kid's misbehaving. Whoah, that PC power button went down on its own O_O. What a bizarre occurance.

Of course; the best thing is something discussed before. Inheritance. The child inherits the abilities himself! So, he can do all sorts. Bully being a twat? Simple, possess him and go assault the headmaster. Likes a girl? Charm for the win. Getting attacked by a bunch of chavs? Psiblast will teach them.

There's no limit to the awesomeness that parent and child duo would experience; and the father would be able to teach the son something he actually CARES about. PSYCHIC POWERS. Who WOULDN'T want their father to bond with them if he's teaching you how to throw your neighbour's car onto a house?

Failing that, Ness's dad in Earthbound is a great role model. Earns a crapload, buys his son's love, avoids his psychotic wife and probably sleeps with the hot secretary.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to say the best father is Toadsworth.

Even though he's the Chancellor or something, when Princess Peach is in trouble, he knows who to get to help out Princess Peach. Heck, Toadsworth might as well be her father (though the genealogy behind that gets confusing) as he seems to have the means to provide for a princess. (and therefore a family) He can always get people to do things, and he seems to always know the best source of help. (After all, in SuperStar Saga, Mario and Luigi work as the plumbers, and they save the Princess--at the same time. (Cheap rates! Boo-yah! That's being a thrifty! A father-like quality! Two-for-one deal!)

And though I don't want to bash the Harvest Moon character, (Harvest Moon games are great!) the Chancellor has a CASTLE. The Harvest Moon guy starts with a little shack, and runs a farm to earn a living--and there's always that inevitable "oh crap I'm out of money" scenario. The Mushroom Kingdom has always been a whole friggin kingdom, and I think its important for a father to have socio-economic stability.

Though he may not be a father--he does a decent enough job as a stand-in father for Peach.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Dr. Light from Rockman Classic is the best father. I believe so because not only is he a sort of father figure to Rockman but he also takes defeated Robot Masters under his wing and repairs them. He helps Rockman out by giving him gear which he uses on his quest to defeat Dr. Wily. Not only has he helped Rockman, but he has helped X even though he has died by supplying him upgrades to help him on his quest as well.. That's why I believe he is the best father.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any pokemon protagonist. Only a few years older.

They show responcibility, ambition, dedication and lots and lots of...LUV!!!!
lecture.gif

As a Father they'd show their child the in's and outs of taking care of their selves, being curtious, respectful and totally cool with poses and what not.

manlyred.png

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age because he always is encouraging even though you may be legally retarded. (Yeah I know he's a real guy but he's pixelated too!)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ness (yes I know he is a kid)

How cool would it be to have a dad who can do yo-yo tricks, shoot fire out of his hands and generate electricity that can be controlled with his mind? Not to mention the slick red hat, his friends can be picked up and tossed at bullies and they won't get hurt. Sure he has a squeaky voice now, but as an adult he would sound like the kind of guy you wouldn't want to mess around with, plus a yo-yo to the head could either kill you or put you in a coma from a fully grown man, try explaining to the doctors what happened when you got dragged into the ER with 1st degree burns, your hair sticking up off your head permanently and a yo-yo mark on your forehead.

D

Deleted-119707

wow, serious competition (damn...lol). its only getting started too. good luck people with your stories.

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kraden, from Golden Sun
icon_kraden.png

He would teach his kids how to learn Psynergy, and then talks about stars and stuff. Besides, he's just awesome;

Kraden: "Felix, do you think this cave was designed to test one's control of Psynergy?"
Poi: (If Felix says no) "You are quite mistaken... You should listen to the old man. He speaks wisely."
Kraden: "Tha--HEY! Who are you calling an old man? You're no schoolboy yourself!"

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a question (I hope this is the right therad... "Discuss" also links here):
What happens when the same Character was choosen multiple times ?

(Just wondering because p1ngpong got somewhat the same like me :/ )

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question too is the person allowed to be a father already or does it have to be someone that 'would be' a great father?

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tellah on the graphic!? That guy was an emotional loose cannon likely to verbally abuse you by calling you "Spoony" and then threaten to burn the house down with Meteor just cause you didn't clean your room. No thanks...

I am gonna have to go with The Great Deku Tree. Stoic, absolute, and he would also make for an excellent tree fort!
deku.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Smack said:
Tellah on the graphic!? That guy was an emotional loose cannon likely to verbally abuse you by calling you "Spoony" and then threaten to burn the house down with Meteor just cause you didn't clean your room. No thanks...
The ironing is delicious!

Some good entries so far
smile.gif

ZeroGeass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't want any of the Prizes But I really think it would be cool to have Ansem the Wise from Kh1 and Kh2 because he would teach you all kinds of stuff about hearts and the Keyblade ( you might even be able to harness the power and wield a Keyblade)
s_e0e5fcb2b0324323b47c1c46f57e17d0.png

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario.

Only thing wrong is that he'll likely end up facing child abuse charges (kids winding up with mysterious bruises in the shape of turtle shells, missing fingers/body parts due to bomb blasts, etc.).

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd say Kratos from Tales of Symphonia !

KratosAurion.jpg

He is rather cool and even thaught he does not show it he is really caring
He seems like "I have no real interest in you" but when there are any problems at all he does even rist his Live for his son
Everyone who would have a father like Kratos would become very independable and would still be protected and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald