Competition: Which Video Game Character Would Make the Best Father

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] Competition: 'Which Video Game Character Would Make the Best Father Figure?'
    GBAtemp and iShopVideoGame presents...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With Father's Day right around the corner, how will you be celebrating this special day? No matter what you've got planned, why not take part in our new competition launched in partnership with iShopVideoGame.com?

What's this competition all about? Well, we're asking you one simple question: Which Video Game Character Would Make the Best Father Figure and Why?

How do you enter? Just post in this topic with your entry! Tell us who you think would make the best father figure and why! You can include an image to accompany your writing if you like, but you won't be judged by the graphic alone (this is not a Photoshop competition!) We want to hear your ideas, whether they're funny, sad or just down right crazy. Be creative!

This competition will be open from the time this topic is made until 22nd June, 2009. We will reveal the winners for this competition on the 23rd June, 2009 or sooner. The top ten entries will win one of the prizes donated to us by iShopVideoGame. Let us take a look at what the prizes are:

1st Prize: (1 member) PEGA Wireless Guitar for Wii
    2nd Prize: (2 members) Guitar Hero On Tour Hand Grip for NDSL
    3rd Prize (3 members) 12-in-1 Family Sports Pack for Wii
    4th Prize: (4 members) Blackhorns Case Kit for PSP 2000​
    Please note that this competition is open to CONFIRMED MEMBERS ONLY. If you are in the Newcomers group, your entry will NOT be accepted. You need to have a minimum of 100 posts to be in the Confirmed Members group (or in the past have had your account personally validated by a member of staff). Also please note that Hadrian is awesome! Happy Father's Day Hadrian!

Good luck and we look forward to reading your entries.

[​IMG] Enter the competition!
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    1st Prize: (1 member ) PEGA Wireless Guitar for Wii

[​IMG]

2nd Prize: (2 member) Guitar Hero On Tour Hand Grip for NDSL

[​IMG]

3rd Prize( 3 member) 12-in-1 Family Sports Pack for Wii

[​IMG]

4th Prize: 4 member Blackhorns Case Kit for PSP 2000

[​IMG]

3. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Nice contest. I'm personally a GBATemp father and think its nice to have a contest such as this. Good luck to all contestants!!

4. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    good that they disable this contest for users that only make an account to enter such contests.
    I don't care that I can't enter since I don't want those items

5. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Nice.. I love this site keeps offering competitions.
    Btw, what did Hadrian pay you to have you say he's awesome? [​IMG]

6. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Duke Nukem. When his kids ask for bubblegum, he'll kick the shit out of them.

7. Tjharwin

Newcomer Tjharwin Member

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

I think the best father from a video game would be Resetti.

For those of you who don't know, Resetti is a mole in Animal Crossing games who always complains when you don't save.

I've chosen Resetti for a number of reasons. Firstly, people always complain that Resetti is extremely annoying, as he blabbers on about absolute crap. In my opinion, most fathers tend to do exactly the same, talking crap and being extremely annoying to kids when they're overprotective. Maybe this is what Resetti is, overprotective. And that's why he would make a good father. When you're not doing the wrong thing, he's quite nice though. Like when he gives you the shovel in Animal Crossing City Folk.

8. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Thanks for your entry, but please read the rules more carefully!

To everyone else: PLEASE read the rules before entering, it will make everyone's lives much easier! [​IMG]

9. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    I would say:

Bowser, imagine him as father!

Must be awesome [​IMG]

10. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Duke Nukem because he's the biggest bad ass nazi killer ever.....he'd beat the shit out of anyone who disrespected his children.

11. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The best father figure will have to be...

Crash Bandicoot

[​IMG]

Growing up I purchased my first video game system which was a PS1.
    I never had a NES, SNES I was too poor to afford one and my parents didn't view video games
    as a necessity. The crash bandicoot (first game i played) franchise and crash himself used to be one of the best games out there.
    Crash himself kept the violence to a minimum and quite hilarious at times. The way he would dance after completing each level
    to the way he died in the game. Crash would make a great father figure cause unlike most video games everyone can relate to a good adventure game. Nothing gory or filled with profanity. There's been a lack of new "crash" games but he sure made a difference while growing up, and introduce me to the world of video games.
    Luckily I haven't been arrested or done drugs [​IMG] and crash had a great role, well not really but it did help not
    growing up in an era of GTA and Halo (Halo Killer). Crash Bandicoot is just an awesome video game character that
    deserves much more praise than its getting nowadays.

12. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

EDIT:SKIP MY POST

Warning: Spoilers inside!

13. damiussus

Member damiussus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Who do i think would make a good father figure? How about one who was a father figure. I'm talking about Barret from Final Fantasy VII. He is very protective, he fights not only for the protection of his adopted daughter, but for the whole planet. He can be a hardass but when it came to marlene he wasn't afraid to show his softer sensitive side. I think anyone would be lucky to have him as a father figure.

And just imagine how much fun playing catch would be [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    The Therad-Title is too long, it ends with "Fathe" , the 'r' is missing

My entry: Larry Laffer
    I think most older gamers should still know him [​IMG] (If not, google 'Leisure Suit Larry' )
    Why ?: With him you can always go out to bars&clubs to hunt for some dream-girls [​IMG]

15. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Well, Professor Oak of course, who else? Imagine getting a Pokémon for your birthday!

16. MAD_BOY

Member MAD_BOY Lazy bum

Netherlands
    I'd have to go for Max Payne, even though he never got the chance to prove it.
    He had a stable job with most likely a good enough income to take care of his family.
    It also seemed to me that his kid was the most important thing in his life, which is one of the most important things in fatherhood in my opinion.
    Unfortunately his wife and daughter got murdered and he's devastated about it and is still trying to find the killer.
    Yes, he now is addicted to painkillers, but that's a long term result of the murder of his family. He did go crazy after that.
    Max Payne, the best father in gaming history.

17. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Link, 'nuff said. Don't worry about burglars, he'll shank them! Don't worry about Zelda cheating on him, he'll rescue her. Don't take the school bus to school, take Epona! Don't play the tuba in band, play the Ocarina!

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOIIIIIIII!!!!! Link > other digital fathers.

18. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Nice to see a competition that actually gives temper's a chance...
    no, really...

Whoa... this site looks pretty awesome, I'm suprised I didn't find them before...

Personally, I think that Red Ringo of the Boktai series is an awesome father figure...
    I mean,before boktai 1, his son's were going vampire/immortal hunting with him, after he got captured both sons got awesome guns, then when he was forced to kill one of them, he surrendered his body to darkness and physicly tried to stop himself killing anyone (blame the Black Dain!)

19. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Best father would be Goku.
    [​IMG]

Imagine your dad being the worlds strongest man! Not only that, he is a HERO! He can fly. He can teach you how to fight... not only for fun, but how to fight to protect the ones you love.
    He is the most innocent dad ever.
    It would be fun fighting with your dad, where you could learn 1 or 2 things.
    PROTECT THE WORLD!

20. rashef

Member rashef GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    [​IMG]

My vote is for ... Harvest Moon character. (however you name him).
    Why?: Caring, works hard and would provide good values for his child... i think. ;]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.