Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where?! I'm trying to find it all over and I still can't. :(
Then there's this:
74xa9.png

Reactions: codezer0

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Do it at your pace, do what you like.
I can't keep this place clean as much as I would like, and sometime think it would be easier to let everyone post everywhere, and let them insult each other etc. because it seems that's what they like instead of being civilized and having ordered themed threads.
I do it at my pace too. what I can, when I can.

For facts free of speculation, morality and criticism, you can check the wiki page.
I try to write only technical details and charts.

Guys your work in these forums is much appreciated, people (myself included) don't intend to offend by going off topic, I respect these boards and the people on them. It's made owning my 3ds worth it after a year of collecting dust. Maxconsole was offered at first but it seemed stale compared to the community here. I think this is largely due to the sharing of ideas and emotions from thread to thread.
It's nice to take part and chip in ideas and ask questions and vent frustrations... Keeps us balanced, as well as occupied while we wait. If you stop people from doing this the community will shrink as people would be scared to post due to their contribution being deemed invaluable to the conversation.

Despite the paranoia and rumours it's still a pretty mature community :)

Reactions: Ryukouki

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys your work in these forums is much appreciated, people (myself included) don't intend to offend by going off topic, I respect these boards and the people on them. It's made owning my 3ds worth it after a year of collecting dust. Maxconsole was offered at first but it seemed stale compared to the community here. I think this is largely due to the sharing of ideas and emotions from thread to thread.
It's nice to take part and chip in ideas and ask questions and vent frustrations... Keeps us balanced, as well as occupied while we wait. If you stop people from doing this the community will shrink as people would be scared to post due to their contribution being deemed invaluable to the conversation.

Despite the paranoia and rumours it's still a pretty mature community :)

Just know that at the end of the day, all we want is for everyone to play safe. ;)

Reactions: Jean Karlo

strange55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should update the comparison. Since the release of the update 1.1, the mt-card is the best 3ds flashcart.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
suppose the cart dumper and save editor note should be removed from the MT card section too......so as to not confuse new comers with features that haven't actually been included or even demonstrated working :ha:

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will update details later this weekend when I'm actually able to sit down at a computer. ;)

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
There are people seriously suggesting that buying the MT card, is a good idea? hahaha. please whoeever reads through these threads.. have some sense... jesus christ. If you absolutely MUST have a 3DS flashcart instead of waiting then theres only one real choice, the team who can actually hack, the team who is making progress in the area of piracy from the start. One team does work then a few 'teams' work on copying it.

The hardware switch for ROMs is an idea we all had in mind when the method first came out. But you are going to look pretty dumb with your obsolete pointless bank-switching flashcard in a few months.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are people seriously suggesting that buying the MT card, is a good idea? hahaha. please whoeever reads through these threads.. have some sense... jesus christ. If you absolutely MUST have a 3DS flashcart instead of waiting then theres only one real choice, the team who can actually hack, the team who is making progress in the area of piracy from the start. One team does work then a few 'teams' work on copying it.

The hardware switch for ROMs is an idea we all had in mind when the method first came out. But you are going to look pretty dumb with your obsolete pointless bank-switching flashcard in a few months.
GW is not really much better than MT.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Wat.

If you already own a GW card, it makes little sense buying a MT card now given that 2.0 final is supposedly near.

BUT... if you don't own a 3DS card, MT is the best buy right now based on what is currently available and not what is promised. Sure, the gateway team has a history of innovation but they have tarnished their reputation significantly due to dangerous brick code. Also, since MT-card at this point of time has the most amount of features, it is the best bet at this time.

iNFiNiTY, you need to learn to speak with your mind and not your butt. Be more objective with the facts currently available.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
The MT card will be obsolete and shit, like people who bought any number of rushed slot 1 DS flashcart solutions before the method was perfected. In this case they are even entirely relying on another teams firmware from the outset.. i don't need to be objective. It's a shit chinese copy of the actual innovators work. This is my opinion, hence why its posted under m

y name Objective fact - gateway actually hacked the 3DS and all work afterwards depends on theirs. If i was going to put money somewhere it would be with them solely for that fact.

If you want to give money to people who didn't actually progress the 3DS hacking at all then go ahead. But i can have whatever opinion i want about it and it doesn't need to be based on OMG OBJECTIVE FACTS. Your view is not only shortsighted to the future its also not looking into the past. MT-card will be just another unsupported piece of crap added on the pile of many many crap flashcarts over the DS years. You know this is actually likely the case yet you want to play devils advocate just for a laugh.

Or you actually bought an MT card now are trying to justify it. lol

GW is not really much better than MT.

Let me guess - MT card owner - doesn't have a clue who is actually behind GW

You know why GW didn't go ahead and add a bank switching hardware method to switch ROMs. Because they knew from the outset, further work into the 3DS firmware would make basically a custom firmware possible with all these features. It just wouldn't be immediately because it actually takes WORK (work that MT card or any other team has no clue about).

Sorry but i think creating a kernel mode hack for 3DS from scratch is infact 'much better' than ripping off someone else's kernel hack and adding a switch on the hardware.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The MT card will be obsolete and shit, like people who bought any number of rushed slot 1 DS flashcart solutions before the method was perfected. In this case they are even entirely relying on another teams firmware from the outset.. i don't need to be objective. It's a shit chinese copy of the actual innovators work. This is my opinion, hence why its posted under my name Objective fact - gateway actually hacked the 3DS and all work afterwards depends on theirs. If i was going to put money somewhere it would be with them solely for that fact.

If you want to give money to people who didn't actually progress the 3DS hacking at all then go ahead. But i can have whatever opinion i want about it and it doesn't need to be based on OMG OBJECTIVE FACTS. Your view is not only shortsighted to the future its also not looking into the past. MT-card will be just another unsupported piece of crap added on the pile of many many crap flashcarts over the DS years. You know this is actually likely the case yet you want to play devils advocate just for a laugh.

Or you actually bought an MT card now are trying to justify it. lol

Look. GW opened the doors to 3DS rom playback. This does not however given them sole ownership of the entire 3ds flashcart market. Sure the MT card is mostly a copy of GW's team but you are forgetting one important bit. They currently have features released that are not yet available on GW. Sure, GW MAY have showcased the features to be working but it is not yet out. There is no clear end in sight. If that's the case you might as well drop everything you're doing in life and wait for the rapture.

With the legalities of the flashcart industry, there are no guarantees with anything. What I did was made use of currently existing information and provide an opinion on which flashcart to get right now if you don't already own one. Whereas you just seem to be a GW fanboy (sorry dude but you do). It's pointless to speculate on what will be at this point of time given that GW have massively damaged their reputation with the brick code. They may be pioneers but they screwed up big. Also, I don't know what's likely to happen or not. For all we know, you might be right, MT-card could be a dead end OR... GW might be a dead end because they are sick of all the copying and stuff that they give up. If let's say GW stops, it would be the MT-card would be the best card out there until some other company picks up the pieces. Main point is... at this very instant, MT-card is the best buy if you don't already own a GW.

Nice try. I didn't get the MT card yet. Waiting on 2.0 final right now. In any case, I have about 8 mSD cards so multirom isn't a big issue for me right now. Take a look at my posts. I provide a sound explanation based on rational thoughts and facts instead of fervently having faith in a company that is built up on piracy.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lambstone multirom isn't that big of a feature when you truly look at it I think I'm more on infinity's side here my card might have the best features right now but they are in fact a clone cart and its only a matter of time before they are a shit cart just like the rest of them gateway will eventually protect their firmware and keep the cloners out of their code which will lead to clone carts not supporting band save games and future SDK games yes your right that hasn't happened yet and gateway has been somewhat poor on their releases but they are intact the innovation behind every pirate cart for the 3ds and without them your mt card will never see an update all gateway has to do is release 2.0 and keep the clones out and it will have more features and play every 3ds game to date

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Lambstone multirom isn't that big of a feature when you truly look at it I think I'm more on infinity's side here my card might have the best features right now but they are in fact a clone cart and its only a matter of time before they are a shit cart just like the rest of them gateway will eventually protect their firmware and keep the cloners out of their code which will lead to clone carts not supporting band save games and future SDK games yes your right that hasn't happened yet and gateway has been somewhat poor on their releases but they are intact the innovation behind every pirate cart for the 3ds and without them your mt card will never see an update all gateway has to do is release 2.0 and keep the clones out and it will have more features and play every 3ds game to date

I'm not saying that infinity doesn't have a point. The point I was trying to emphasize is the futility of discussing about what will be and what can be. That's why I'm just recommending people whom are 3ds flashcarts virgins that MT-card might be a better choice for them at this very instance. In the long run, it might go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No substituting allowed.