Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to mean to brick the 3DS.

Moolshell is not good for videos, by the ways is great to play lossless FLAC files.

I use moonshell most to listen FLAC songs.

I use a lot my Acekard 2i for my DSi XL, until now, all my original DS cards are okay, no bugs and no corrupt save games in the real cards.

I using my XL for ages, since the release month, until now is 100%, never brick, and never got any errors to the DSXL software.

Its a shame that Acekard Team is lost in the desert :(.

I am sad that they are not in the action anymore :(.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoIve just bought a 3DS XL for one of my kids, so naturally Im looking to buy a flashcard to do with it. Your opinions count so I would happy to hear what you guys have to say on 3DS flashcards. Reliability, ease of use and build quality etc. Thanks in advance guys

keldoggg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
babyshambles.net
XP
Country
As you will have noticed the current f/w is beyond v7 now but I was lucky enough to get two XL's from Tesco in November last year and was amazed to find they are sporting v4.2 & v4.4 respectively!

Good luck!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, simply, I lucked out and managed to find a 3DS XL that is still on 4.4.

Given everything going on with the gateway... which would be the best card to get?

Feature wise, definitely Gateway. If you don't care about compatibility you can use the 1.2 firmware which has lower game support but has no bricker code.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, considering how hard it was for me to get this thing, I really don't want to end up with a brick.

Using a lower firmware should alleviate that as the bricker code is not enabled. If you're paranoid the MT card is an option as well, but the features are just not well developed yet. It still lacks some basic stuff. ;)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a lower firmware should alleviate that as the bricker code is not enabled. If you're paranoid the MT card is an option as well, but the features are just not well developed yet. It still lacks some basic stuff. ;)
Like what, exactly? I'm genuinely curious, because for now it seems like the MT-card is unique in the fact that it supports multi-rom out of the box.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while it does support multirom the rest of the advertised features wernt included
it is also based heavily on gateway 1.2 firmware and many trusted devs have said mt card is the same team as r4i gold deluxe and 3ds link just under a different name

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got my gateway 2 days ago and played LOZ ocarina of time through the night (stopped at 9am) and right when saving, when pressing x on the homescreen everything froze. I turn it off and on and find out my save is corrupted. Felt like shit this entire day :(. I just might use beta 2 to avoid bad saves.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Like what, exactly? I'm genuinely curious, because for now it seems like the MT-card is unique in the fact that it supports multi-rom out of the box.
MT-Card has most features if you use 1.2 with the other cards since MT is based on 1.2 but they made their own work after that. But you should seriously wait until the next GW and the next MT firmware comes out before you buy anything.
MT-Card is the first and currently the only 3DS mode flashcard that supports Multi-ROM and saves when you save ingame (you don't have to press Home -> X to save any more).

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Are the flash cards themselfs region locked? If I would buy a Gateway Card sold in Europe, could I use it with my USA 3DSXL (4.5.0)?
//Nvm, found the answer, looks like im good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O