Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the wiki page I wrote has this information.
I found it.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Flashcart_Comparison

Can you put a better link to this comparison from the Wiki Home Page ?
Wiki readers are lazy and the Wiki home page mostly has DS and wii stuff ... no Wii U or 3DS. It also has GBA as a main category ... so it maybe hasn't been updated lately :)

gbatemp.wiki.no.3DS.or.WiiU.jpg

No Wii U or 3DS on this whole screengrab. Considering how much work went into the 3DS comparison page ... it deserves a link on the main page :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I'll add the 3DS section to the Wiki's portal.

the current "comparison page" contains some changelog, but they will be moved to their respective page later when I create them. only the comparisons will be left on this page.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My intention is to choose runs at the one card, and also I am hopping for possibility to play videos, instead of just 10.30 minutes videos without the conversion trick for 3ds.
I personally use my MT more often than my GW. Video playback in DS mode is possible with both cards, in 3DS mode with none of them.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stupid cloners ruined the card scene , we would probably already have GW 2.0 by now if GW didnt have to make protection code in their fw and end up bricking , the cloners should have just waited just a little longer till gw had released their 2.0 fw , probably would have been better for them as well as for GW users cause they would probably have been able to clone 2.0 , if they hadnt released till after gw 2.0 then gw would not have begun putting protection on their fw's
everyone would have already had gw 2.0 features i bet, of course that is if they were not too impatient and didnt update past 4.5

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So far all 3ds flash cart that are released, the Gateway is most expensive one with more or less the same build as the clone card. But the Gateway team is the only one who is actually supporting the cart feature by releasing the feature as the first one. The cloners has been proven to be copying it only.

If i am not mistaken the above statement of mine are more or less the fact. The features that are showed on the cloner cards are fake until it is released. As happen before it could be beta tester for the gateway card who are working for the cloner team. If someone pay me 100 euro i will leak it for sure ;p

Reactions: osirisjem

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stupid cloners ruined the card scene , we would probably already have GW 2.0 by now if GW didnt have to make protection code in their fw and end up bricking , the cloners should have just waited just a little longer till gw had released their 2.0 fw , probably would have been better for them as well as for GW users cause they would probably have been able to clone 2.0 , if they hadnt released till after gw 2.0 then gw would not have begun putting protection on their fw's
everyone would have already had gw 2.0 features i bet, of course that is if they were not too impatient and didnt update past 4.5

I bet if the cloners had used gateways work as a starting place and built off it they wouldn't care so much. having other people take your work, remove your name and sell It as their own while undercutting you is bullshit. I think gateway took it too far with the bricking protection though. they could have used another form of protection to make clone cards such an awful experience(game freezes, failure to load games, etc) people would turn to gateway as a result. there was no need to brick. I think they only went the brick route because they stumbled upon it and it was quick and easy to implement.

Reactions: Nightwish

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet if the cloners had used gateways work as a starting place and built off it they wouldn't care so much. having other people take your work, remove your name and sell It as their own while undercutting you is bullshit. I think gateway took it too far with the bricking protection though. they could have used another form of protection to make clone cards such an awful experience(game freezes, failure to load games, etc) people would turn to gateway as a result. there was no need to brick. I think they only went the brick route because they stumbled upon it and it was quick and easy to implement.

not sure if it would be technically possible (too many brick treads, tl;dr) but the route that would have made the most sense would be to brick the clone cards that try and use their work ,not the 3ds itself

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FWIW, Normmatt does not endorse any involvement with the clone carts r4i and 3DSLink.

MT Card is made by the very same team behind 3DSLink, Orange3DS and whatever, the only reason they have a different card with different features is because the 3DSLink and co's FPGA cannot be updated, therefore it will never be able to have multirom capabilities.

In fact, technically speaking, it will be impossible for the 3DSLink and co to run gateway's 2.0 firmware with multirom capabilities considering the ASIC will behave differently and their own ASIC cannot be updated and therefore wouldn't understand any kind of commands meant for multirom support.

The clone makers understood that and went up with another card that does have an updatable FPGA and released it as another brand with a bunch of useless features such as an usb port or a hardware button.

MT card is built at the same factories as the other clone cards (so far) and the Launcher.dat still contains the same keys and addresses for all the obfuscation stages as both clones and gateway (clones copied it from gateway and didn't bother even changing a single key or the stages' headers' magic values)

Claiming MT card is another card from an "innovative" team, is a delusion.

Not sure MT card is going to be anyone's saviour.

Reactions: kyogre123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s