Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Blackiris said:
@unneon
Before I change anything, I'm going to assume that the two files you posted here are 1) "Exit To Firmware" NDS file named R4TF.nds that boots YSMenu and 2) Another new version of your loader. If I got anything wrong, please tell me and after reading your reply I will update the guide with your new plugins.
wink.gif
If you're talking about the links... no...
The first link is "Exit To Firmware"
The second link is the new version of my loader, that is finally faster, and the "Exit To Firmware" together

So... If you're going to update the guide, just use the files of the second link
wink.gif

And yes, "Exit to Firmware" boots YSMenu.

Edit: Well,you can post the "Exit to firmware" separated too, but I think the first link has the brazillian themed intro. You will have to take the "Exit to firmware" from the second link and upload it again
frown.gif

Sorry for my english

ILIKEFOOD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About the "emulator loaders", their not loaders. In Moonshell 2.00 Beta 4 it includes an alternate extlink folder which has just plain emulators renamed like this: nes.nesDS.nds. It doesn't autoboot (it just opens the emulator) so there's really no point in having them.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4524

* thx so much for the mistake in telling me that its beta 5 not 4 because ive been looking everywhere for the gba loader XD

unneon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ILIKEFOOD said:
About the "emulator loaders", their not loaders. In Moonshell 2.00 Beta 4 it includes an alternate extlink folder which has just plain emulators renamed like this: nes.nesDS.nds. It doesn't autoboot (it just opens the emulator) so there's really no point in having them.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4524

* thx so much for the mistake in telling me that its beta 5 not 4 because ive been looking everywhere for the gba loader XD
Sorry, I can't understand what are u trying to say.
nes.nesDS.nds used to be an open source nes emulator for DS or GBA(I cant remember)
Moonlight took that and changed the source to the load functions read the moonshl2\extlink.dat and open the file that you selected on moonshell. He uploaded the updated source to people know how extlink works and make their homebrews work with moonshell
Who didn't update their source to work with moonshell, aren't going to have emulated games loaded by moonshell. So, their emulators are just opened by moonshell.

Sry for my english

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ILIKEFOOD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unneon said:
Sorry, I can't understand what are u trying to say.
i was saying that in that version of Moonshell 2.00 Beta 4 i linked to, that person just took his emulator "lameboy.nds" and renamed it so moonshell would load that emulator when you choose a rom, not loading the rom

@linoul
luvz you
grog.gif

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*eureka!*

@Vampirex
Well, I somewhat have confirmation that those "loaders" I'm talking about are included in the Beta 5 package ^^; But check linoul's post again and maybe you won't need to re-download the entire thing.

@unneon
W-ell, it's not like the first link will be completely mandatory if you have it already in the second link; thanks for the news and for your updated drivers loaders. (WOW I got so used to typing "drivers" right after "updated" XDD).
smile.gif

@linoul
Looks like I'll be adding a plugin section to this guide. Thanks yet again for your contributions, linoul!

@ILIKEFLOOD
Well, as long as things are working for you...and so that means I was right about the Beta 5 package (GBAtemp-official-English) having the plugins you were looking for?
huh.gif

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, i just thought i might add this new tip =)

*NEW TIP* You can return to Moonshell 2 from AKAIO without the need of soft-reset. Just go to the \__aio folder and edit the file globalsettings.ini, and delete akmenu4.nds from the hiddenFileNames, Now ak4menu.nds (moonshell loader) won't be hidden within AKAIO anymore. Now you can run akmenu4.nds within AKAIO to return to Moonshell 2 easily.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can't be bothered to go through all 8 pages - but in case it hasn't been mentioned before

DSTTi (Official v1.17) + DSi + 8Gb SDHC + linoul's YSloader for MoonShell 2 = Works
yaynds.gif

DSTTi (Official v1.17) + DSi + 8Gb SDHC + Unneon's Alternate YSloader = Does not work
cry.gif

UPDATE: DSTTi (Official v1.17) + DSi + 8Gb SDHC + Unneon's Alternate YSloader (DLDI Patched) = Still does not work
cry.gif

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a complete setup to have Moonshell 2 run as the main firmware for the Supercard DS One(SDHC). It works very well with the help of all the information from this thread and combining the Bliss Triple Loader. All the other firmwares including the original, DSTT, and YSmenu are available, it uses the most recent of each firmware, and Moonshell Beta 9 for the Sakura Skin.
The download link is below, and it includes a readme file with the information you need and credits to all the proper people.
Moonshell 2 for Supercard DS One(SDHC)

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
K now i have a problem
sleep.gif
i started with Moonshell Beta10 but then moved to Moonshell Stable and now when it boots up it says somethings wrong with the DLDI patching, but then it moves on and then it moves on like normal, does anyone know why its so annoying seeing that screen....

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keeley said:
K now i have a problem
sleep.gif
i started with Moonshell Beta10 but then moved to Moonshell Stable and now when it boots up it says somethings wrong with the DLDI patching, but then it moves on and then it moves on like normal, does anyone know why its so annoying seeing that screen....

I've always had that, but i ignore it XD Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

unneon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
kermitfrog said:
Can't be bothered to go through all 8 pages - but in case it hasn't been mentioned before

DSTTi (Official v1.17) + DSi + 8Gb SDHC + linoul's YSloader for MoonShell 2 = Works
yaynds.gif

DSTTi (Official v1.17) + DSi + 8Gb SDHC + Unneon's Alternate YSloader = Does not work
cry.gif
Did you use nds.ysothers.nds version?
try to dldi it manually
unsure.gif

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unneons loader does not work with DSTT 1.17 (no fake killer), YSmenu installed, 8GB SDHC, DS lite

Unless im doing it wrong. It just hangs 1/10th of the bar

EDIT - Can someone make a Lameboy Plug-in? I would make one but i have no idea how

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
unneon said:
Did you use nds.ysothers.nds version?
try to dldi it manually
unsure.gif
Yes it is the 'nds.ysothers.nds' that I used (I understand you can't use the r4 version on a DSTT) - I can't be bothered to DLDI patch it since the other one works fine without having to do that (also I don't like the green 'splash screen'
laugh.gif
)

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fresh from the SRT OG Saga: EF Discussion Thread!
rofl2.gif

@Vampirex
Nice tip, I think I'mma add it along in the AKAIO guide.

@ILIKEFLOOD
Hmm, cool, but those are a matter of aesthetics. They'd see much more use if you made them in packs and put them up for MoonShell 2 skinners to utilize IMO.
happy.gif

@kermitfrog
Thanks for the testing and detailed information!

@unneon
Unfortunately, I will have to add kermitfrog's discovery to the guide. But since you made those loaders, I'm sure you'll be able to do something about it.
smile.gif
Until then though, the warning has to be sent.

@jester13
Thanks for confirming the test results...by testing.
laugh.gif

About the Lameboy plugin...that's up to you to search around, or if anyone could submit it here that would help much too. I remember that it was in the GBAtemp-official-English MoonShell 2 Beta 5 package though.

@Sarvesh50
True, but if YSMenu causes game compatibility problems for you, I don't suggest it. Not unless you're using an Acekard 2, for it is the most flexible flashcart that can also utilize this guide. Flexible because it can load either YSMenu or AKAIO firmware. Lucky people.
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1