Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Blackiris said:
unneon, I updated the first post with your new link. Thanks for the no-splash-screen version.
smile.gif

Also, you mentioned something about "default.nds", but with the new guides a file named that isn't needed anymore at the root, just saying...(not unless the old R4 Clones Guide is followed)

Anyway, obvious as it already is I have not learned enough to be in the technical know-how that you two are, but I see that the current problem we have is the speed of the loading. If yes, then I believe the R4Ysauto thread should help. There's a part there mentioning unofficial libraries that make YSMenu load files faster.

If no, then what exactly is?
unsure.gif
hm ok, I will remove the default.nds from the ini in the next realease. This will save an empty string
I'm thinking about how to do the loader faster, without deleting the ini, maybe an ini as model whithout the auto_boot line to add that in bof

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Depravo
MoonShell 2 wasn't made to support cheats for YSMenu unfortunately, so as of now I don't know if it's near possible to run cheats in MoonShell 2. Put simply, I guess we can't have 'em all v_v (unless of course someone proves me wrong like many times before here XD)

@tsol
Thanks. W-ell, if you're that intent on running games from MoonShell 2, yes, but I'd be happy with a CycloDS already
blink.gif

@WoobiE
Finally, a post from you that doesn't mention any problems! This guide's getting more success now
smile.gif

@unneon
Okay, just post here if you ever need help or need to ask about anything since I'm sure the others can help, and me too to a certain extent. ^^;

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
MS2's Beta 11 still works fine for the R4 with the same guide, using the DirectBoot.nds instead of the smaller one. The new TTIO by IP still doesn't fix the soft-reset issue for the same flashcart, however. Probably this is something Yasu can only fix with his expertise.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Depravo said:
Has anyone figured out how to make cheats activate when booting from Moonshell? They work fine from YS mode (by either pressing 'b' or using the dummy file) but they don't work when booting straight from Moonshell.

If I have to manually boot YSMenu from Moonshell every time I want to play a game it kind of defeats the point.
well...theres nothing related to auto enable cheats in the ysmenu.ini so...i dont think that this is very likely for a front end for cheats.

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@HoTsHoT89
That is, if he decides to work on it to that extent. We can only hope for things like that I guess...

@fgghjjkll
Your username is fun to type. On topic, yep, I have to admit that people who follow this guide (as of now) will not be able to apply cheats directly from MoonShell 2. They always have the option of running YSMenu itself, if the game they want to play requires some sort of cheat. But at the very least, they can run the rest of the games through MoonShell 2 with no problem.
happy.gif

EDIT:
Also, so this guide will finally rest from incompatibility and such problems, can anyone else verify that the current guide for Acekard 2/AKAIO users work? I've tried and tested DSTT & R4 (plus got so much confirmation from others that it works), but I'm not sure yet of the results for Acekard...and I don't have one.
tongue.gif

I just need 1 or 2 more people to say that the Acekard guide works, or at least point out the current problems with it, please?
smile.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fgghjjkll said:
Depravo said:
Has anyone figured out how to make cheats activate when booting from Moonshell? They work fine from YS mode (by either pressing 'b' or using the dummy file) but they don't work when booting straight from Moonshell.

If I have to manually boot YSMenu from Moonshell every time I want to play a game it kind of defeats the point.
well...theres nothing related to auto enable cheats in the ysmenu.ini so...i dont think that this is very likely for a front end for cheats.
I'd hardly call myself a cheat. I just like playing Square Enix games and GTA but patching is soooo 2006. Clean ROMs FTW.
biggrin.gif

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a2h said:
irchief said:
not to be rude or anything but, what te hell is the point? if you got a flashcart just load it from there
Go to Moonshell through firmware then play media then reset back to menu and find a game to play in firmware again

Versus

Play media then stop it and find a game to play
point is.....i like the gui much better but it seems that damn "MENUDO" menu alternative isnt coming out. i get bored of the r4 gui, so plain. i look at other flashcart gui's and go "WOW!"

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Depravo
Well, up to you really if you're gonna boot through YSMenu or MoonShell 2. o_o

@junker_man32
Then this thread should be helping you in your search for a better ROM-loading GUI.
smile.gif

@fgghjjkll
Here's something new. So the AK2 method works (I wonder about AKAIO still though).

About the ROM, that shouldn't be a problem if it doesn't boot since it would have nothing to do with MoonShell 2 loading but something to do with YSMenu itself. Although, if you can properly load that game from YSMenu and not from MoonShell 2, then we have a problem.

Montevieau

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hey guys, I've just got an EZ Flash 3in1, and I've been trying to run GBA games from Moonshell 2, with partial success. ¿Which way would you recommend to get it working? ExpLoader freezes and NDStation's converted ROMs don't load. I really like MoonShell 2 as my GUI, and don't feel llike going back to R4 GUI to get my Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts dose xD

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
ive tried on dslinker , the results are not so bad
not patched ysmenu loads but hangs on two white screens
patched ysmenu displays a fat error

it looks like its possible to do it with ysmenu on dslinker but not for now

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Montevieau
Ah, we have a problem there...for one, I do not have an 3-in-1. Another, what I do have is a flashcart (ELINK) that can work on DS and GBA consoles. I'd try to do some testing with whatever I can find for loading Slot-2 through MoonShell 2, but even if it were to work, I'm not sure it'd fix your problem.
frown.gif

Sorry, but we'll have to wait for someone who CAN do those tests. v_v

@shineek
DS Linker? This DS Linker? To be honest, I'd suggest you already get a new flashcart right now...since I'm not sure who else would test it on DS Linker if they have it working on the compatible flashcarts =/

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
hehe yeah maybe i should , but what for , up until now all homebrew and comercial roms work without any problems , and somehow all games that have a piracy protection work for me without any piracy fixes or cheat codes , also i dont need any cheat code support from a flashcard cause i dont use cheats .
so tell me what for do i need a new flashcard if my old one is working and not causing any problems like R4 , and well in game slowdowns occur on all flashcards , i saw how avalon code lags on acekard 2 ver.2.1 thats supposed to be that good .
well if you dont want to help , than ill do it on my own

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The hell man, cool down shineek, you're being a bit too snappy.
dry.gif

If you didn't get what I said, I said that it's just a suggestion for you to get a new flashcart; no one's forcing you to toss away what you think is working pretty well for you. And if you didn't get the hint, I do not have a DS Linker. I would help you, but I simply can't and can only hope for other DS Linker users to come by and help you instead.

So if no one does help, then you'll have to do it on your own unfortunately.
frown.gif

Montevieau

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thanks for your reply Blackiris. I reinstalled the latest GBA ExpLoader version from the GBAtemp Downloads section, and now it's working. It can be placed anywhere in the mSD as long as all folders and files are there.

However, it keeps on corrupting my Metroid Zero Mission save file over and over. I'll keep on trying and browsing stuff on the internetz until it works anyway xD

Long life to Moonshell2 GUI! (?)

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Montevieau
So you ended up being the one to test it; sorry still for not being able to help ^^;

But it's good that it can still work in ways I guess. Oh, and what version of MoonShell 2 are you using? Just for future reference if ever I'll need to add it to the guide
smile.gif

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Vampirex
Thanks for testing
smile.gif
It's nice to see a much more specific way to get this guide working on AK2.

Although those steps are clear, you didn't mention anything about YSMenu. If the way to install it was the way in this guide, please say so and then I'll add it right away.
wink2.gif

@abilaunken
You can't. If you're gonna use cheats to get past protection or to simply cheat then please refer to the part of the guide here on running YSMenu normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night