ROM Hack Comic Book Reader?

anotheruser22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fantastic!! Except how do i view NDS files? I copy them over to my g6 lite, browse to the file and choose run from the menu but just get a white screen??

Choose 'add header'.

Seems there is a bug with the memory though. After viewing some 'comics' then the zoom function starts to give random colors on all.

I've had a chance to play with this thing a little bit, and I've figured a few things out.

1. Make sure you extract your comic book images to a folder: If you have .cbr files, either rename the file extension to .rar and extract them to a folder, or just use 7zip and extract them directly from the .cbr)
2. In PictoDS, use the "Add folder" button, and add the folder you just extracted, then click convert.
3. Once the files have been created, use the file that ends in .sc.nds, this one will work properly on your G6lite
4. Load up your u-disk manager, click the NDS tab, and add the file just like you would any NDS game (don't change any options, the defaults are fine).
5. Load up your DS, and your comic should be listed with all your other DS games on the main boot screen, just select it and run it like any other game.
6. Enjoy
smile.gif

EDIT:

If you do not want your comics listed on the main boot screen with your games, then after step 3, do the following:
4. Plug in your G6lite and open it like you would a flash drive, by navigating through the windows explorer
5. Create a new folder in the root directory, call it something like "Comics". Drag and drop your files into this directory.
6. Load up your DS and click on "NDS Game" in the top right corner to open the drop down menu, then go to "MyCard". Your file tree for your G6lite will open there, just navigate to your files and click "Run" to load them.

Thanks for the help. I tried as suggested and this time got a black screen .... I'm making progress
wink.gif

I'm trying your second suggestion of dragging and dropping then running the .sc.nds file. I'll try copying it over using the u-disk manager and see if that'll work.

BlazedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I tried as suggested and this time got a black screen .... I'm making progress
wink.gif

I'm trying your second suggestion of dragging and dropping then running the .sc.nds file. I'll try copying it over using the u-disk manager and see if that'll work.

Let me know how that works out for you.

I'm assuming you are using the G6 Lite correct? That is what my instructions were specifically intended for, as that is what I personally own. I can't gaurentee my method will work for any other carts.

If you are still having trouble, try this:

Convert your files using the program, you end up with the 3 files (.nds, .sc.nds, and .nds.gba). In PictoDS, click on "File", then "Test NDS File", and navigate to the .nds file (NOT the .sc.nds file, this will crash the program for some reason). Open it in the test, and make sure it works on your computer before you start transfering files over to your cart, because if the .nds file doesn't work in test mode on your PC, chances are that the .sc.nds file isn't going to work when you run it on your DS. If it doesn't work on your PC, you know the problem is with the original files you are trying to convert, and not the outputted files that the program makes. A couple people have mentioned issues with trying to convert .gif files as well. Currently, the only thing that seems to be working is if the files are .jpg images.

Also, since it's on the front page, there is another thread for this program that has a lot more info in it now, you might check it out:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37839

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to buy a battery for my truck last week, freaking $280. I remember when batteries used to be like $50.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa where did you buy it from? Autozone? Autozone has their stuff overpriced, Sams club and walmart is cheaper
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa the 50$ lifetime warranty ones, yall had it good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta buy new windshield wipers pretty soon least they're cheap so many different brands these days
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Costco actually, Its a Diehard battery.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Heard ceramic is the material to go with now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But mine has 5 hamsters in it...Top of the line.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I thought batteries came with 6 hamsters? what did you do to the 6th hamster?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Him being in Ohio probably fried it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hot seller in Ohio https://a.co/d/5M1McyB
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These are selling out quickly, hard to find:
    sprinfieldcookbook-png.458855
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think it would have documents on that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This damn tower fan is leaking oil lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe its made by Diddy Co.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got arrested flipping the switch to hide all evidence
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So that's why every useless gadget has wifi now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet lube sales have plumented...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Baby oil and lube are two words only mj would say together
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had one of those suction cup phone holders on my windshield must've got so hot it melted and fell off pain to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Why clean it if it melted, just buy a new one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it melted onto the windshield
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then just buy a new windshield...
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/7Gbb0s-fFgw?si=Yzt1nZ57s3vFST4a