Combining a Cable and DSL line into one computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by zidane_genome, Jun 18, 2008.

1. zidane_genome
    OP

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    I have Cable internet and DSL for a few more weeks, and I was wondering how I can use BOTH on a computer... I have my DSL connected to a wireless router, and my Cable going into the NIC on my laptop... is there a way to make Windows (XP) split the data between the two so I can get even faster speeds?

Or is there a way to dictate which programs access which internet connection?

2. Suranwrap

Suranwrap Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver, Canada
    Even if you had 2 networks cards you cna only have 1 Gateway. the only way to do this is to have a "Real" Cisco or other high end router and have the connections load balanced. In this case you are looking at about $300 in hardware and 3 Hours config time.

3. zidane_genome
    OP

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    Ok, so if I have my DSL going to Wireless, and my Cable going to NIC, is there a way I can tell my computer to use Wireless for everything but uTorrent, and use Cable just for uTorrent?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice