Hacking Coldboothax - solving infinite loop with sysNAND CFW

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I get back into rednand after this boots.

The normal way of holding b which worked before I installed this no longer works, it just reloads iosuhax for sysnand.

Last edited by Speighty1,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get back into rednand after this boots.

The normal way of holding b which worked before I installed this no longer works, it just reloads iosuhax for sysnand.

I have to assume that it's loading the same fw.img. You can change the configuration of the haxchi booter to load a different fw.img, for example, /rednand/fw.img.

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you show me your config.txt?

If your asking for mine, here it is,

a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
b=rednand/fw.img
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
y=wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf
down=wiiu/apps/saviine/saviine.elf
up=wiiu/apps/wupinstallermulti/wupinstaller.elf
left=wiiu/apps/ddd/ddd.elf
default=fw.img

I have tried a different fw.img in the rednand folder, booted the wiiu which loaded iosuhax for sysnand, booted haxchi and held b which then showed iosuhax loading but the sysnand loaded.

Also just checked, my fw.img for sysnand is 14.8 and my fw.img for rednand is 13.9 so they are not the same img.

Last edited by Speighty1,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I am working on that, but it doen't seem to be an easy task.

What version of Dimok's fw.img did you use to make your fork? Because it's not working with the Hombrew Launcher channel version he released about an hour ago. Could you update your fork to make it compatible, please?

::Phoenix::

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What version of Dimok's fw.img did you use to make your fork? Because it's not working with the Hombrew Launcher channel version he released about an hour ago. Could you update your fork to make it compatible, please?
There are no new commits on dimok's fw.img, I think you are talking about cfw_booter...
EDIT: or maybe haxchi... but for sure dimok's iosuhax hasn't been update for 2 days now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't see the connection with my fork of iosuhax, The Homebrew Launcher channel version should be just a title from which you run the homebrew launcher, but it has nothing to do with haxchi and the coldboothax trick I am using. You still need haxchi and coldboothax installed.

I tried launching the channel version right now, and everything works fine.

If your asking for mine, here it is,

a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
b=rednand/fw.img
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
y=wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf
down=wiiu/apps/saviine/saviine.elf
up=wiiu/apps/wupinstallermulti/wupinstaller.elf
left=wiiu/apps/ddd/ddd.elf
default=fw.img

I have tried a different fw.img in the rednand folder, booted the wiiu which loaded iosuhax for sysnand, booted haxchi and held b which then showed iosuhax loading but the sysnand loaded.

Since your are changing from sysnand to rednand, I think you need to run the rednand load twice (this is the same issue of booting the CFW with coldboothax)

Last edited by ::Phoenix::,

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since your are changing from sysnand to rednand, I think you need to run the rednand load twice (this is the same issue of booting the CFW with coldboothax)

I have just tried running haxchi twice while holding b and both times just loads your iosuhax for sysnand.

Do I need to make any changes to the system.xml on my rednand.

The only changes I have made are for the sysnand system.xml.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, it can be used to launch cfw from boot, but it is not as good as a9lh. You can kinda compare it with menuhax.
Adding on to this answer, the reason why this is more like menuhax than a9lh is because, unlike a9lh, this doesn't offer brick protection (yet), and like menuhax could easily be fixed if Nintendo wanted to.
Good thing for us they practically abandoned the Wii U ey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have just tried running haxchi twice while holding b and both times just loads your iosuhax for sysnand.

Do I need to make any changes to the system.xml on my rednand.

The only changes I have made are for the sysnand system.xml.
So you want to come back to rednand or run red and while in my iosuhax?

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just done some further testing regarding booting rednand after loading iosuhax for sysnand.

I replaced the title id in the system.xml with the wii u system menu id, I then rebooted, loaded haxchi while holding b and my rednand loaded fine.

I then proceeded to load your iosuhax for sysnand which is set as default, then load haxchi while holding b which then loads iosuhax for sysnand.

Could the issue be your branch of iosuhax, has no one else tried to load rednand after using your iosuhax fw.img.

So you want to come back to rednand or run red and while in my iosuhax?

Im wanting to load your iosuhax via coldboothax which works fine and then load rednand from sysnand if I want to, using your fw.img doesnt seem to allow booting rednand, for me it just loads back to sysnand.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just done some further testing regarding booting rednand after loading iosuhax for sysnand.

I replaced the title id in the system.xml with the wii u system menu id, I then rebooted, loaded haxchi while holding b and my rednand loaded fine.

I then proceeded to load your iosuhax for sysnand which is set as default, then load haxchi while holding b which then loads iosuhax for sysnand.

Could the issue be your branch of iosuhax, has no one else tried to load rednand after using your iosuhax fw.img.

Im wanting to load your iosuhax via coldboothax which works fine and then load rednand from sysnand if I want to, using your fw.img doesnt seem to allow booting rednand, for me it just loads back to sysnand.
I need to check it out tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill