Hacking Coldboothax - solving infinite loop with sysNAND CFW

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I don't know how to bypass this endless loop :s I have to restore my original system.xml but I can only boot to HBL so idk how to load wuphax

I have Coldboothax that boot to fw.img
But I enter to an endless loop.

So I restart my Wii U pressing A so I can enter HBL.
But, I'm stuck in HBL because if I launch cfwbooter or if I exit the HBL, my Wii U will reboot again to this endless loop

I can't even upload syshax.xml to sysNAND...

Last edited by Keylogger,

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I don't know how to bypass this endless loop :s I have to restore my original system.xml but I can only boot to HBL so idk how to load wuphax

But, I'm stuck in HBL because if I launch cfwbooter or if I exit the HBL, my Wii U will reboot again to this endless loop

::Phoenix::

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

You should run sign patcher, the one returning to hbl Not returning to sys menu. Then you can use wupclient or ftp everywhere

Reactions: Keylogger

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You should run sign patcher, the one returning to hbl Not returning to sys menu. Then you can use wupclient or ftp everywhere
Will try it! Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't work! Wupclient won't connect and ftp everywhere can't open any folder... I guess this is because wii u menu isn't loaded yet... As my Wii U booted directly to HBL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Will try it! Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't work! Wupclient won't connect and ftp everywhere can't open any folder... I guess this is because wii u menu isn't loaded yet... As my Wii U booted directly to HBL
The other way is to run cfwbooter let it boot the first time and then the second one run hbl. So you get sign patches

bob808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so I have loaded an iosuhax fw.img and ftp everywhere but I dont have /vol... I have storage_MLC and storage_SLC, storage_USB, SD and a number of storage_odd_folders.

Within storage_MLC I have a sys folder, that has config within, but that folders empty.

In storage_SLC I have a config folder that has system.xml inside. Is this the file I need to edit, and the location to put it back into or do I need to use another tool instead to get to the right file and place - I was looking for /vol/system/config from the guide.

Thanks

bob

EDIT: so i copied system.xml to syshax.xml and uploaded it to the same place and it works now without hanging, so I guess this is the right place!

Now - I downloaded a yoshi game for my haxchi install and think it was Yoshi touch and go, but I now see there are 2 yoshi games so is there a quick way to confirm the titleid that my haxchi is using before I update the system.xml so I dont f**k this bit up?

Last edited by bob808,

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok, so I have loaded an iosuhax fw.img and ftp everywhere but I dont have /vol... I have storage_MLC and storage_SLC, storage_USB, SD and a number of storage_odd_folders.

Within storage_MLC I have a sys folder, that has config within, but that folders empty.

In storage_SLC I have a config folder that has system.xml inside. Is this the file I need to edit, and the location to put it back into or do I need to use another tool instead to get to the right file and place - I was looking for /vol/system/config from the guide.

Thanks

bob
No, that is the right file. Ftpiiu is calling the paths in different ways

Reactions: bob808

bob808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks - as per my last post is there a quick way to confirm the correct titleid for my haxchi before I edit the system.xml to get this autostarting?

I really dont want to mess this bit up :)

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks - as per my last post is there a quick way to confirm the correct titleid for my haxchi before I edit the system.xml to get this autostarting?

I really dont want to mess this bit up :)
Just be sure haxchi is in 00050000/Xxxxxxxx in your sysnand. If that's true, just double check you wrote the right titled 00050000XXXXXXXX

Reactions: bob808

bob808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK - the only folder I have in /storage_mlc/usr/title/00050000 is 10179f00 so this seems to stack up - thanks.

Edit - done it, its working... I get the system menu flash screen, then IOSUHAX logo, then the same again then I am on the main page. Thanks - will have a play with this now :)

Last edited by bob808,

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK - the only folder I have in /storage_mlc/usr/title/00050000 is 10179f00 so this seems to stack up - thanks.

Edit - done it, its working... I get the system menu flash screen, then IOSUHAX logo, then the same again then I am on the main page. Thanks - will have a play with this now :)
Ifnyou couldnwrite down a detailed tutorial with all the missing part you asked I would replace mine in the first page!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to inform that I am working on a mod of haxchi which will allow as an option to install coldboothax automatically. This will require a specific file to be placed in the haxchi folder.
If the Haxchi installer finds this file will start the coldboothax installation.

jorgehntx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

u fix u problem....i had the same thing but i fix it

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to inform that I am working on a mod of haxchi which will allow as an option to install coldboothax automatically. This will require a specific file to be placed in the haxchi folder.
If the Haxchi installer finds this file will start the coldboothax installation.

Will this version/mod of haxchi allow fw.img to be stored on nand?

Huseyn050

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, long time lurker, but did not write too much on the forum.

This thread started as a small mod of dimok's iosuhax to allow the sysNAND cfw to be booted via coldboothax.
But in the meanwhile, I added some other patch like region free.
So, I will use this thread to give updates on my contributions to iosuhax (hoping that some of them will be merged to dimok's main code base).

As for now, the following additional features are provided with my fork:
  • [now available on dimok's repo] sysNAND cfw bootable via coldboothax (without bootloop). See tutorial below.
  • [now available on dimok's repo] Region free game launch: Once iosuhax (sysNAND or redNAND) is loaded, you get region free launch, other than usual sig patches.

my fork on github: https://github.com/marco-calautti/iosuhax

HOWTO configure coldboothax for sysNAND cfw

I am NOT RESPONSABLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR WII U.

This is a very brief tutorial on how to get coldboothax working for sysNAND CFW. This is a very basic, non detailed tutorial, do it on your own risk!

1. Compile my fork of iosuhax (follow FIX94's guide here) but use the command make cfw-coldboot . Then, put the fw.img in the root of your sd card.
2. Install Haxchi on your sysNAND and configure it to boot the fw.img as the default in config.txt (please refer to this).
2.a (optional, but highly reccomended in case you mess something during this steps) Configure haxchi to also boot the homebrew launcher with some button press, for example the "a" button.
2.b Test your haxchi title is working before going to the next step! If you run the fw.IMG it should get stuck at the splash screen. This is normal since there is no syshax.XML yet in you Wii u. Reboot and proceed with the next steps.
3. Download your /vol/system/config/system.xml to PC
4. make a copy of system.xml and rename it to syshax.xml (you should now have two xml files, system.xml and syshax.xml).
5. Open system.xml (not syshax.xml) with a proper text editor like notepad++ and change the default_title_id to the id of your haxchi'd game as follows: 00050000XXXXXXXX, where the X's are your haxchi'd game title id.
6. Upload both system.xml and syshax.xml to /vol/system/config/ (you will need to replace the old system.xml)
7. (Don't know if needed) Give to syshax.xml in sysNAND the right permissions via w.chmod("/vol/system/config/syshax.xml",0x644)
8. Turn off your console and boot it up again.

HOWTO UNINSTALL

This is the only version of iosuhax for which it is possible to restore a coldboothaxed console to normal. Even with redNAND, the console is practically doomed to have coldboothax installed.

Once your Wii U has booted into iosuhax, just replace in /vol/system/config/system.xml the default_title_id with the original id (the Wii U System menu one). Removing the syshax.xml is optional.[/QU
Hello everyone, long time lurker, but did not write too much on the forum.

This thread started as a small mod of dimok's iosuhax to allow the sysNAND cfw to be booted via coldboothax.
But in the meanwhile, I added some other patch like region free.
So, I will use this thread to give updates on my contributions to iosuhax (hoping that some of them will be merged to dimok's main code base).

As for now, the following additional features are provided with my fork:
  • [now available on dimok's repo] sysNAND cfw bootable via coldboothax (without bootloop). See tutorial below.
  • [now available on dimok's repo] Region free game launch: Once iosuhax (sysNAND or redNAND) is loaded, you get region free launch, other than usual sig patches.

my fork on github: https://github.com/marco-calautti/iosuhax

HOWTO configure coldboothax for sysNAND cfw

I am NOT RESPONSABLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR WII U.

This is a very brief tutorial on how to get coldboothax working for sysNAND CFW. This is a very basic, non detailed tutorial, do it on your own risk!

1. Compile my fork of iosuhax (follow FIX94's guide here) but use the command make cfw-coldboot . Then, put the fw.img in the root of your sd card.
2. Install Haxchi on your sysNAND and configure it to boot the fw.img as the default in config.txt (please refer to this).
2.a (optional, but highly reccomended in case you mess something during this steps) Configure haxchi to also boot the homebrew launcher with some button press, for example the "a" button.
2.b Test your haxchi title is working before going to the next step! If you run the fw.IMG it should get stuck at the splash screen. This is normal since there is no syshax.XML yet in you Wii u. Reboot and proceed with the next steps.
3. Download your /vol/system/config/system.xml to PC
4. make a copy of system.xml and rename it to syshax.xml (you should now have two xml files, system.xml and syshax.xml).
5. Open system.xml (not syshax.xml) with a proper text editor like notepad++ and change the default_title_id to the id of your haxchi'd game as follows: 00050000XXXXXXXX, where the X's are your haxchi'd game title id.
6. Upload both system.xml and syshax.xml to /vol/system/config/ (you will need to replace the old system.xml)
7. (Don't know if needed) Give to syshax.xml in sysNAND the right permissions via w.chmod("/vol/system/config/syshax.xml",0x644)
8. Turn off your console and boot it up again.

HOWTO UNINSTALL

This is the only version of iosuhax for which it is possible to restore a coldboothaxed console to normal. Even with redNAND, the console is practically doomed to have coldboothax installed.

Once your Wii U has booted into iosuhax, just replace in /vol/system/config/system.xml the default_title_id with the original id (the Wii U System menu one). Removing the syshax.xml is optional.
sorry im new here how can i download my /vol/system/config/system.xml to my pc? please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte