Hardware CMD fucked,O3DS XL.

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A few time ago,i fucked the CMD pad and it touches GND and i bought a new motherboard,but i saved the broken one for future uses. I looked this thread ,with a supossed alternative point. My idea is cutting the CMD track,isolating the fucking pad and... There is my doubt... I must bridge the track with that point?

Sorry for being a noob in soldering-related things and for my trash of english.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A few time ago,i fucked the CMD pad and it touches GND and i bought a new motherboard,but i saved the broken one for future uses. I looked this thread ,with a supossed alternative point. My idea is cutting the CMD track,isolating the fucking pad and... There is my doubt... I must bridge the track with that point?

Sorry for being a noob in soldering-related things and for my trash of english.
You just need to solder to the alternate point. You could cut the trace going to the bridged pad, but I would recommend getting some desoldering wick, and use it to remove the excess solder bridging the CMD and GND. Then maybe you could retry using the same pads again.
A solder sucker would also work, but I would not recommend it, as it tends to be rather destructive due to the force it applies.

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You just need to solder to the alternate point. You could cut the trace going to the bridged pad, but I would recommend getting some desoldering wick, and use it to remove the excess solder bridging the CMD and GND. Then maybe you could retry using the same pads again.
A solder sucker would also work, but I would not recommend it, as it tends to be rather destructive due to the force it applies.
The pad itself its totally fucked. And a little thing... It can work? The CMD doesnt receive power from the CLK? Bridging the track with the alternate point will work?
@milerwan ,can i have your opinion about this?

Last edited by yacepi15,

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The pad itself its totally fucked. And a little thing... It can work? The CMD doesnt receive power from the CLK? Bridging the track with the alternate point will work?
@milerwan ,can i have your opinion about this?
Sure.

o3ds_xl_motherboard_puts_into_trash_can.jpg

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why bridging wont work? Yes,as you say its a permanent blue screen.
(But it can fixed,fixing the connections)

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
If you ripped the test point, it's game over. The track is located in the middle of the main board. It's next to impossible to repair that track once the test pad is torn. Milerwan basically just added sense of humour to a case that's already over before it even began. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But it is indeed game over. Time for a new board. Keep the damaged one for spare parts if the need ever arises.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.