emirof

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

As you can read there, even retail copies of SSBB have Disk Read Errors. Maybe that's why so many of us experience DRE's when burning Super Smash on dual layer disks? If the laser in the wii could be dirty enough to not being able to read the original disk of Super Smash, then it seems possible that many of our Wiis here in Europe and in USA are in need of the same cleaning.

Is it something you can do by yourself, or does Nintendo have some exclusive tools to clean the Wiis?

So maybe if we could clean the laser unit we would experience less, or none, of DREs in Super Smash...

emirof

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I knew the article was already posted, but has anyone thought of or tried to clean their Wiis themselves? If this is already discussed elsewhere I'm sorry.

reecarno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually its a valid point even if it has been mentioned in other post, trouble is how is anyone supposed to find it amongst the endless post of utter twaddle' and don't suggest the search button, I've tried that before lots of times and its pot luck on what comes back. Anyway I did clean the lens and it seemed to help a little, my wii was in bits anyway so it was no trouble to give it a once over with a ear bud and some cleaner, but i don't think its going to cure the problem.

emirof

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But it has also been said that the cleaning issue was just a cover up from Nintendo and the actual problem was that the laser was too weak so you need to tune it up some. But that's probably not something we can do by ourselves... But using an ear bud like reecarno did might be worth a try. As long as you're careful
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1