Clean Wii Laser

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by emirof, Feb 6, 2008.

Feb 6, 2008

Clean Wii Laser by emirof at 4:06 PM (3,924 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. emirof
    OP

Member emirof GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

As you can read there, even retail copies of SSBB have Disk Read Errors. Maybe that's why so many of us experience DRE's when burning Super Smash on dual layer disks? If the laser in the wii could be dirty enough to not being able to read the original disk of Super Smash, then it seems possible that many of our Wiis here in Europe and in USA are in need of the same cleaning.

Is it something you can do by yourself, or does Nintendo have some exclusive tools to clean the Wiis?

So maybe if we could clean the laser unit we would experience less, or none, of DREs in Super Smash...

2. Julian017

Newcomer Julian017 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Old news is old

3. emirof
    OP

Sweden
    Well I knew the article was already posted, but has anyone thought of or tried to clean their Wiis themselves? If this is already discussed elsewhere I'm sorry.

4. reecarno

Newcomer reecarno Member

United Kingdom
    Actually its a valid point even if it has been mentioned in other post, trouble is how is anyone supposed to find it amongst the endless post of utter twaddle' and don't suggest the search button, I've tried that before lots of times and its pot luck on what comes back. Anyway I did clean the lens and it seemed to help a little, my wii was in bits anyway so it was no trouble to give it a once over with a ear bud and some cleaner, but i don't think its going to cure the problem.

5. j711ohn

Newcomer j711ohn Newbie

United States
  6. emirof
    OP

Sweden
    But it has also been said that the cleaning issue was just a cover up from Nintendo and the actual problem was that the laser was too weak so you need to tune it up some. But that's probably not something we can do by ourselves... But using an ear bud like reecarno did might be worth a try. As long as you're careful [​IMG]