Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can't add hacks to official builds
and i won't make unofficial builds again

Congrats on your canary merge, doing well kid keep it up.
---------------

Think this guy needs to work off latest master citra... :wtf: :rofl2:

https://github.com/sickc/citra/commits/sandbox

Anyway to make a better OFF in 3D Anaglyph ?.. Like a "Sub click OFF" What a real 3DS has ?, It would prevent the Red screen issue when a OFF then when Slide bar is at Minimum..

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/compare/master...JellyDean446:wwylele_3D-Fun-Rebased4?expand=1

Feel free to use the code ^

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: Added info

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a reminder @drwhojan and others who never get the chance to play Pokemon X and Y on an actual console.

Not all places in the game have 3D support. That includes some cutscenes and such.

Also, anyone made a LayeredFS support and such on Citra(in short, able to mod games)?
The only way to mod Pokemon and other games is through rebuilding the roms and Smash 3DS and Pokemon SM/USUM already have SaltySD support on Citra by patching code.bin.

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a reminder @drwhojan and others who never get the chance to play Pokemon X and Y on an actual console.

Not all places in the game have 3D support. That includes some cutscenes and such.

Also, anyone made a LayeredFS support and such on Citra(in short, able to mod games)?
The only way to mod Pokemon and other games is through rebuilding the roms and Smash 3DS and Pokemon SM/USUM already have SaltySD support on Citra by patching code.bin.

Yes it's OK I'm aware of that, Mostly 3D in Battles / Fmv , It is for other games then this..

Well if any of the Citra team do a "Sub Click Off ?" Will put them in the credit... Like I say I'm mostly a Merger and Slight Re-basing

It can also be used with Stereoscopic two Screens liking the 2 was a bitch lol, Also I did a simple version of the code that removes left right eye.
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/...lele_3D-Fun-Rebased4-simple-settings?expand=1

Well maybe thy might!.

Reactions: xmeee978

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For donkey kong country returns

https://github.com/JellyDean446/citra-1/commit/6b9dd6331999973400e8253dd031b775550be7f8

This branch one can enable / disable while the game is running

If enabled it runs, But disable it while game is running it freezes, Enable it back on and game continues to run as normal / well no so quite normal

Conclusion that the low Priority Boost needs to be constantly running, Are a way of making it find its own timer. so it runs better and correctly.

Yes its constantly Starved of a thread.. causing the game not to run

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
is there any fork/build etc that gets around MH4U cutscene freezes ?
I remember i think i saw such build.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: Added Info

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like we could have 3D Anaglyph soon anyway but in aother format..
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/4578
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/4579

OFF button Click Should be on the Slider bar like a Real 3DS is and not Separate.., Took a look but seam maybe could not be done under C++

Diagram of what I mean

78676876.jpg

Also we might need Anaglyph + Side-by-side, little tricky but manage to do it from
https://github.com/JellyDean446/cit...core/renderer_opengl/renderer_opengl.cpp#L449

------------

EDIT tested his build with Anaglyph colours look little flushed out atm

554435445.jpg

-------------

On the other hand @valentinvanelslande are @wwylele how come travis-ci errors are getting ignored in a few pulls ?.. this normal are some think else..

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: Added Info

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW is that normal for Anaglyph ^ with a Green Tint ? as above image, Are should be Clear with Anaglyph..

EDIT: Don't think the bottom screen comes into it on a real 3DS ..

A separate box for the slider outside off settings would be better ?.. Its kind of annoying to have to go into the Configuration / Graphics just to change the Slider Deph..

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: added info

Dukatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@drwhojan
it does look that way amazing too.

I think stereo effect gets even better with adjusting of color tempreture [f.lux, windows nightlight, redshift, etc.]. And also it's hardly depends on background/room lighting too. [for an example screenshot above in a slightly dark room might look better with 3900K or lower] [and with a good sunlight-quality room lighting it might look good only with default 6500K, maybe higher, maybe slightly lower]

From what I know [as a user] there is at least three different anaglyph color effect realizations:
1. pcsx2 with colors slightly yellowish [there was some tricky zooming of focus, somehow I get better looking results then in anything else] [things might have been changed, it was 1-2 years ago, I'm surely was less experienced as well]
2. dolphin with it's own four different color modes [fullcolor, dubois, gray1, gray2]
3. nvidia vision [it might be the most complicated. Because: 1) Full black was becoming yellowish. 2) Shadows of objects was getting extra high contrast. 3) Overall colors were adjusted on it's own saturation algorithm - somehow games were looking more natural then it was designed.] [this method is acceptable only with external monitor. So, there is no laptop, tablet, phone, traveling mobility]

And as for TriDef and iz3d - they are good examples of methods that are creating stereo effect while at the same time keeping original colors. []

With Nvidia Vision bottom screen works even now with some few fps lost due to a nature of a helping OpenGL Wrapper. [by default new citra anaglyph method showing greater fps and also greater scene depth - I quickly tried it with SiCkC build that merged all of the new amazing changes] [after time will also try to increase depth in .ini of OpenGL Wrapper. I remember I'v seen such possibility]

There was [maybe it's already old, outdated and fixed] a strange behaviour - when in fullscreen user is playing in a single screen mode with anaglyph mode on, and then changes screen with f9 and then changes it again - anaglyph effect disappearing. A workaround was to reenable it with rechanging of a depth value after every screen swapping. And also as far as I remember [I have too much work now, forgetting things from a spare time very quickly] slider was too big[or maybe I couldn't move it from gameplay screens?] for a low resolution - I hided it with disabling Anaglyph through menu [lucky me effect was still on the screen, while slider became hidden]

And I'm sorry for a language and for anything unnecessary that I said. Everything that you, citra team and everyone else will decide, and will do with emulator will be amazing
Everything that has being developed is already wonderful, it's also amazing that all of you see what to enhance, you make a tries, results and progresses.
In anyway t h a n k y o u !1 [and everyone else who have helped] for making better a lot of things - and citra, and gamedev, and humanity!

Last edited by Dukatti,
Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Dukatti I see many thanks for this information, so it is norm but maybe not for bottom screen, only test can be done on real hardware, I don't have 3DS only 2DS.

Sadly SiCkC is using a old branch with new PRs, don't mix well, he needs to work of latest master with re-based PRs some PR's may also work.

I'll merge his 3d branch soon, Was having issues with two separate branches with conflicts, so had to make a one branch out of it for PR

But I agree with wwylele he should make a outside of configuration-settings / slider box.

Ps, its OK about the Language, I'm true English and my own shit too lol, I'm more of a Visionary I find it hard to put what I have in mind into Words, One of the reason's to be more picked on in life, O well.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Is Shadow of Valentia playable in any of the unofficial builds? I looked Citra main page and it says is not good, but found some post talking about is better on the unofficial builds.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Cause i dont want to start a playthrough and get a random crash 10 hours in. I lose nothing asking for some feedback.
you asked if it is playable, not if it can be completed. running it for 10 min should qualify if it is playable, not 10hrs. just download the latest build and test.

CHEMI6DER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi everyone. I've ported JSelby's ffmpeg framedump thing from yuzu to Citra. You can find the source and builds here: https://github.com/TheFearsomeDzeraora/citra/tree/framedump
This repo contains a guide on how to use this. I'm gonna work on making it a full-fledge feature for the emulator but for now it's just and experimental thing.
I also uploaded a vid with a constant 60fps recording of Luigi's Mansion 2 to YT(though YT's compression really messed up the visual quiality with it's crappy 1080p bitrate limitation...ugh I should've done it in 4K)(and the fact this is about LM2 is in no way related to the post above, I chose LM2 only because it was a dynamic framerate game and 3DS hardware(even N3DS with overclock) could never achieve constant 60fps):

Last edited by CHEMI6DER,

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone. I've ported JSelby's ffmpeg framedump thing from yuzu to Citra. You can find the source and builds here: https://github.com/TheFearsomeDzeraora/citra/tree/framedump
This repo contains a guide on how to use this. I'm gonna work on making it a full-fledge feature for the emulator but for now it's just and experimental thing.
I also uploaded a vid with a constant 60fps recording of Luigi's Mansion 2 to YT(though YT's compression really messed up the visual quiality with it's crappy 1080p bitrate limitation...ugh I should've done it in 4K)(and the fact this is about LM2 is in no way related to the post above, I chose LM2 only because it was a dynamic framerate game and 3DS hardware(even N3DS with overclock) could never achieve constant 60fps):

This looks promising. Do you think can we also play the game at better framerates with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi likes to milk beavers lol +1