Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One shouldn't expect changes from last time, because I did only clean up work and minor changes this week.

I know it's not easy task by half, but any change of looking into save fixes like Zelda link between worlds, wont start fresh game are save in game .

Maybe its that corruption are audio.dpi error in citra cmd

EDIT@ do you have a list of files in source code that uses the saves for citra ?, thanks.

As a new b, looks like it also changes have to be written in cmake files.

PM me if can list

Cheers bud

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: added info

OpenSource

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow this looks ridiculously good.

I wish Nintendo would release a console version of this version, but I doubt it will happen. My issue with DS/3DS emulators are the second screen has to be interacted with, and I'm guessing the mouse emulates the touch screen. Has any emulator implemented a solution to games like this?

Such as, hitting a button will pause the game and pull up the second screen, just like the original menu system. Then the emulator has a custom ruleset to move a cursor to specific spots on the screen, when you press left or right, and them pressing A to touch/select the item, just like the original version.

Most 3DS games don't go beyond that simple menu usage, so I would think something like that could be implemented in each game. Has that ever been tried?

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I wish Nintendo would release a console version of this version, but I doubt it will happen. My issue with DS/3DS emulators are the second screen has to be interacted with, and I'm guessing the mouse emulates the touch screen. Has any emulator implemented a solution to games like this?

Such as, hitting a button will pause the game and pull up the second screen, just like the original menu system. Then the emulator has a custom ruleset to move a cursor to specific spots on the screen, when you press left or right, and them pressing A to touch/select the item, just like the original version.

Most 3DS games don't go beyond that simple menu usage, so I would think something like that could be implemented in each game. Has that ever been tried?

What do you mean "solution" ? In the DS emulation this has never been a problem, and in Citra you can touch the options clicking on them, I fail to see any problem here

OpenSource

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean "solution" ? In the DS emulation this has never been a problem, and in Citra you can touch the options clicking on them, I fail to see any problem here

So each time you want an item, if you're playing with a controller, you have to put it down and use the mouse to select an item and go back to the controller?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It makes sense that the mouse emulates the bottom screen touch since it is the most similar to it, even thinking about that, it can be implemented as you want if someone or you code it since Citra is Open Source.

OpenSource

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense that the mouse emulates the bottom screen touch since it is the most similar to it, even thinking about that, it can be implemented as you want if someone or you code it since Citra is Open Source.

True, it probably shouldn't be that difficult. Just finding a way to implement the cursor on a handful of places with the X and Y axis and using the left/right buttons to switch through each one shouldn't be hard. I'll probably look into it eventually once the emulator is more developed. It's too bad Nintendo just can't release a console version of these games though. The N64 textures are muddy and outdated, and don't scale to 1080p well, if at all.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So each time you want an item, if you're playing with a controller, you have to put it down and use the mouse to select an item and go back to the controller?
Where did you mentioned controllers on your post ? Anyway, most of the buttons on the second screen has direct shortcuts, some of them can be browsed with the D-Pad or something, but games that use especific positions on the screen to touch options would be very hard to implement in a useful way for controllers (maybe some future kind of "cursor" feature to bind some analog stick).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

True, it probably shouldn't be that difficult. Just finding a way to implement the cursor on a handful of places with the X and Y axis and using the left/right buttons to switch through each one shouldn't be hard. I'll probably look into it eventually once the emulator is more developed. It's too bad Nintendo just can't release a console version of these games though. The N64 textures are muddy and outdated, and don't scale to 1080p well, if at all.
You can use texture packs for this particular case (but the 3D models on N64 version are still outdated as well).

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
@OpenSource If you have a touchscreen laptop and a Controller(specifically an Xbox 360 controller or Playstation controller), you can move while clicking the bottom screen at the same time!
*sigh
I shouldn't leave my brother's old touchscreen laptop in the dump(because it's broken).

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Script it yourself: https://autohotkey.com/

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xpadder + AutoHotKey.

I used that combination for the first Witcher game and it helped eliminate the occasional need to use the mouse. AutoHotKey takes time though to set up each touch/click point the game has....

Last edited by Lightpost,

star_hand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop wworking at six some , Can anyone help me

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    20 KB · Views: 370
  • 0011c500.zip
    14 KB · Views: 128

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff