Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
using OS X:
i've got an older version of citra that runs fine.
When i try to use the latest version it crashes immedialty, it doesn't even start.
When i try to execute the executable (without the icon) i get this error:
[ 0.000000] Config <Warning> citra/config.cpp:LoadINI:32: Failed to load /Users/bert/.config/citra-emu/sdl2-config.ini. Creating file from defaults...

[ 0.001045] Config <Info> citra/config.cpp:LoadINI:42: Successfully loaded /Users/bert/.config/citra-emu/sdl2-config.ini

[ 0.007555] Frontend <Critical> citra/citra.cpp:main:101: Failed to load ROM: No ROM specified

Reactions: spotanjo3
D

Deleted User

an other build let you choose languages , let you choose input touch , have giroscope function, speed increase , fullscreen support.... far far than official build sably :( . I don't understand why Citra Team don't put fullscreen , input selection , languages selection to the master branch :-(

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
an other build let you choose languages , let you choose input touch , have giroscope function, speed increase , fullscreen support.... far far than official build sably :( . I don't understand why Citra Team don't put fullscreen , input selection , languages selection to the master branch :-(
Those features usually need to have feedback from the developers addressed, tested and reviewed before being merged. See here for the typical git workflow for contributors. The only reason those builds are around is because they don't want to wait until it gets merged with the master branch. Devs are willing work with contributors as long as they address their feedback.

Last edited by Leo121,
Reactions: Deleted User

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've also added a point about this in the FAQ (Look for "Non-official builds are faster, have more features and run more games. Why don't you work with the people who create those?") some days ago.

(I think I explained this in depth elsewhere recently but I'm not sure if it was here, on reddit, the citra-forums or github and can't find it either)

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China

2 of 4 features you mentioned are mine ( choose languages and giroscope). language selector is already a PR and will be merged soon into master branch. Gyroscope is what I let unofficial build include first to help me test, and I meet some small problem atm, but you will see it in official build.

Last edited by wwylele,
D

Deleted User

Thanks all to have take time to explain me :) I will wait so :) thanks all for all you done for citra , really.

I have a question so : Fullscreen appear to work. It's not the case? there probleme with fullscreen ? just to know :)

fuhuan417

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks all to have take time to explain me :) I will wait so :) thanks all for all you done for citra , really.

I have a question so : Fullscreen appear to work. It's not the case? there probleme with fullscreen ? just to know :)

Use layout, that's nearly fullscreen.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using OS X:
i've got an older version of citra that runs fine.
When i try to use the latest version it crashes immedialty, it doesn't even start.
When i try to execute the executable (without the icon) i get this error:
[ 0.000000] Config <Warning> citra/config.cpp:LoadINI:32: Failed to load /Users/bert/.config/citra-emu/sdl2-config.ini. Creating file from defaults...

[ 0.001045] Config <Info> citra/config.cpp:LoadINI:42: Successfully loaded /Users/bert/.config/citra-emu/sdl2-config.ini

[ 0.007555] Frontend <Critical> citra/citra.cpp:main:101: Failed to load ROM: No ROM specified

You are not only one. Same here. :/

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How is that related to Citra?
Feels like blunt advertisement to me..

Citra outputs the data passed by the game (just pipes it through soundtouch) - can't get much better than that.
If you are proposing a generic solution like that it's worth another topic but also snake oil..
It's like saying: "Citra looks better if played on this monitor!!1 Also use this cable!!1 and this receiver makes your bass go woomp boomp woomp!!!!!!11"

Reactions: LG_

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
How is that related to Citra?
Feels like blunt advertisement to me..

Citra outputs the data passed by the game (just pipes it through soundtouch) - can't get much better than that.
If you are proposing a generic solution like that it's worth another topic but also snake oil..
It's like saying: "Citra looks better if played on this monitor!!1 Also use this cable!!1 and this receiver makes your bass go woomp boomp woomp!!!!!!11"

I tried it yesterday & I saw noticeable sound difference by turning it on/ off. it has a button to turn on off.
It increases max volume & It's a blessing for laptop users with low speaker sound.
It's not only for citra but for all windows software & improve such as audio of movies, songs & gaming.

What you are saying is something sucks without knowing or trying it.

Last edited by John1234,

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it yesterday & I saw noticeable sound difference by turning it on/ off. it has a button to turn on off.
It's a blessing for laptop users.
It's not only for citra but for all windows software & improve such as audio of movies, songs & gaming.

As a laptop user I must say that is a blessing to the ears. Thanks

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Reactions: latios10s

breel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It increases max volume & It's a blessing for laptop users with low speaker sound.

I believe his point is that this has nothing to do with citra, and hence shouldn't be in this topic.
Color calibration of a monitor, overclocking the cpu/gpu, etc.. all can help the user experience of citra, but they're not really related to citra itself...

Last edited by breel,
Reactions: JayFoxRox

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with @JayFoxRox , and i choose @DestinyFeather , @rbm666 , @Miguel Gomez , @SKazuki ,@Leo121 ,@KillzXGaming ,@LG_ ,@wwylele as the host,admins & supervisors of that new gbatemp topic,is it good everyone ?Since they are pokemon fans and they can contribute in making unofficial builds.....Btw,is it anybody can open a new topic in gbatemp?is it free of charge?

Anyway,i have another idea ,why don't one of you open a thread in "other discussion" under subtopic of "GENERAL OFF-TOPIC CHAT"
I may play Pokemon back on the Gameboy Advance era till now. But the purpose of using Pokemon in Citra is not for me enjoying the game but to make videos for the progress especially it's GODDAMN SLOW(and some people hate the livestream). But I understand Citra though. Not going to choose both sides here.
Anyways, it's best if us, Pokemon Fans, get a new Thread instead of sticking to this thread. I have the feeling that we're breaking some rules here like Warez.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyways, since this post is related to the Citra Dev, I've decided to create an account in GitHub just for me trying to make my own custom build and possibly present a code to improve Citra. But the problem is, I don't know how to merge commits and so what. So I need assistance for building custom build. So PM me if you know how.
@JayFoxRox @wwylele @KillzXGaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here