Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Like the others have said, it might be your graphics card. What are your specs? Citra requires a GPU that supports at least Open GL 3.3 and a 64bit OS.

Edit: If your PC meets those requirements and it still crashes, then you might want to try deleting the Citra team folder located in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming. The ini file in it might have gotten corrupted.

Last edited by Leo121,
Reactions: drwhojan

viewtiful_jay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like the others have said, it might be your graphics card. What are your specs? Citra requires a GPU that supports at least Open GL 3.3 and a 64bit OS.

Edit: If your PC meets those requirements and it still crashes, then you might want to try deleting the Citra team folder located in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming. The ini file in it might have gotten corrupted.
I have an integrated AMD R7 GPU that support up to OpenGL 4.3

Jobenblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kortest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Menus = Nothing at all. Most of the menus only have 2D simple graphics, use some in-game scene to compare performance.
74fps on map and menu (my monitor somehow cuts down one frame, according to control panel it running @75Hz but every game gets stuck at 74fps if Vsync is on, whatever)
about 60fps on intro
stable 30fps in cutscenes (probably capped)
about 50fps ingame 2D
about 30fps ingame 3D fighting scenes

https://imgur.com/a/Xw42s

0Ji7eY0.png

I think he's talking about 75fps in FE:F. I have a 75Hz monitor and it goes up to 75fps in menus in most games. When I set it to 60Hz, it's limited to 60fps.
Yea you are right. Are cutscenes limited to 30fps? Cause i get rock solid 30fps but never above.

Most of the game run at 75fps with this build including pokemon oras/x/y? Had you test the other games as well?It will encounter freeze or crash or blackscreen error ? Or this build just for increase the fps but doesn't fix any other bug?
I only tested Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, it's a more up-to-date custom build.
If you wan't anything special merged just tell me and I'll include it in the next build.

@Kortest I cannot play any games on your build as it causes the emulator to instantly crash here's a screenshot of the log from the emulator. The games boot fine if i disable hardware rendering however.
As other users already suggested there is something wrong with your Windows/OpenGL. It works fine on my PC and notebook. Maybe try a different game.

Last edited by Kortest,

Hitori04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, i have also the prblem withe the latest build from kortest, but i withe the latest offical build it works with hardware renderer, in kortest build i must deactivate that to get games running.

my graphic card is an amd radeon r7.

but anyway thanks for the builds =)

Edit: And my drivers are also on the latest version, updated an hour ago.

Last edited by Hitori04,

Kortest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there, i have also the prblem withe the latest build from kortest, but i withe the latest offical build it works with hardware renderer, in kortest build i must deactivate that to get games running.

Just tested it on my second PC with a nvidia GTX580, works fine too.
Can someone with a radeon GPU confirm this (or disprove it with a NVIDIA one)? So far the bug only occurs on integrated AMD devices.

Last edited by Kortest,

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yea you are right. Are cutscenes limited to 30fps? Cause i get rock solid 30fps but never above.

I only tested Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, it's a more up-to-date custom build.
If you wan't anything special merged just tell me and I'll include it in the next build.
I made that exact build and I didn't even use it. It's the same down to the audio and layout tabs next to each other. So I can't say the performance for Fire Emblem but on the nightly builds I get around 25fps in cutscenes and 45fps in gameplay in Awakening (don't have Fates yet).

Right now I'm testing the fog branch and comparing it with the nightly. I haven't used custom builds in a while and you know I don't need people merging for me. It's like you forgot who told you how to merge :P,

Kortest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't used custom builds in a while and you know I don't need people merging for me. It's like you forgot who told you how to merge :P,
I compiled it for you? I quoted a totally different user...

Nobody told me how to merge in VS, nor did I receive any help on how to rebase GS and fix merging errors in cro/audio branch.
Everything you helped me with was telling me to use git-commandline and showing me "pipe3 commit" (which I am thankful for, but it seems like you are expecting more than this). I don't want any useless quarrel dude.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I compiled it for you? I quoted a totally different user...

Nobody told me how to merge in VS, nor did I receive any help on how to rebase GS and fix merging errors in cro/audio branch.
Everything you helped me with was telling me to use git-commandline and showing me "pipe3 commit" (which I am thankful for, but it seems like you are expecting more than this). I don't want any useless quarrel dude.
Didn't mean to be to rude. Was just being playful.

Reactions: LG_ and Kortest

Kortest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Could you please try these builds:
https://mega.nz/#!V8120SQL!EU0qH_pQ7D5hOqY8aj7gWmHK0OrscS1rtzWkRNHVExo
base build contains all files now, additionally there is a build with rm_getpointer2 and a build with fog merged on top of base, please tell me if any of them works.

@Kortest If you want give your source to that build to whoever wants to compile it on Mac.
https://mega.nz/#!V8120SQL!EU0qH_pQ7D5hOqY8aj7gWmHK0OrscS1rtzWkRNHVExo
src included

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just open a repo for unofficial builds on github and keep branches rebased?
- Eventually merge back stuff to PR authors?

Kortest: No idea why rebasing GS would be any trouble - I keep all my branches up-to-date. If you had to rebase it it's because of merge conflicts.

Hitori04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Kortest: I've tested the builds, two of three are working,: base version works and base+rm_getpointer2 version works also, only base+rm_getpointer2+fog is not working, and crashes.

many thanks, for the effort =)

Reactions: Kortest

Kortest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Kortest: I've tested the builds, two of three are working,: base version works and base+rm_getpointer2 version works also, only base+rm_getpointer2+fog is not working, and crashes. many thanks, for the ffort =)
Very nice, thank you!

Kortest: No idea why rebasing GS would be any trouble - I keep all my branches up-to-date. If you had to rebase it it's because of merge conflicts.
A week or two before you rebased gs-new-refactor there were like a ton of merging conflicts which I couldn't fix on the first try.
Seems like your fog-branch breaks hardware-renderer on AMD GPUs (at least integrated ones).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.