raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Replying the previous post:

In one way this is true, ppsspp needed plenty of time. But remember the beautiful day when we got no$gba by nocash. It was very suddenly that it started to emulate NDS. I think it's a matter of documentation stuff. You need to understand the hw and reverse engineer a lot.
For the NDS some official Nintendo stuff was leaked just after release (like the infamous "Ensata" internal emulator)... I suppose that some technical documentation for developers might've been contained in there.

It also had some huge breakthrus really early (like PassMe and WifiMe) which were made possible by the fact that Nintendo wasn't as piracy-aware as it is now.

Reactions: andibad

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have to be running Windows 8 to install Visual Studio 2013...

Apparently you only need Windows 8 if you are trying to install VS Express with Update 2.

Whenever I try to Build an x64 Release I get these errors: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8aDCZqyc and these warnings: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9bsJDuvY

I'm trying to compile and get the same error, I managed to fix one of the errors "scm_rev.cpp not found" by renaming /citramaster/src/common/scm_rev.cpp.in to scm_rev.cpp

However I am still getting 2 errors and 163 warnings
Error 165 error MSB3721: The command "\bin\uic.exe config\controller_config.ui -o "ui_controller_config.h"" exited with code 1. C:\Users\iamn1ck\Downloads\citra-master\citra-master\src\citra_qt\qt-build.targets 69 5 citra_qt
Error 1 error MSB3073: The command "cscript /nologo /E:JScript "scm_rev_gen.js"
:VCEnd" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 122 5 scm_rev_gen

edit again: Apparently my git was not installed properly, I can now compile it and I only get an error with citra-qt.

Error 164 error MSB3721: The command "\bin\uic.exe config\controller_config.ui -o "ui_controller_config.h"" exited with code 1. C:\Users\iamn1ck\Downloads\citra-master\citra-master\src\citra_qt\qt-build.targets 69 5 citra_qt

If I unload citra-qt from the project I can compile it with 0 errors 163 warnings, however I am unable to start program C:\users\iamn1ck\downloads\citra-master\citra-master\build\common\win32\debug\common.lib

AYBRB2U

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same problem when I renamed scm_rev.cpp.in; It turns into a game of whack-a-mole. I'm able to build the x86 Release; but when I run it, it stops responding and crashes. I tried using other peoples' builds and it does the same thing. So I think there must be something wrong with my openGL, because it stops responding just before it starts running the openGL lines.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Fwiw, I decided not to waste any time on it, since it's not too fancy anyway... If the video doesn't work, try playing it back in an external media player. Surely vlc should work fine.

I don't really know where the problem is, maybe it's the frame rate.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screenshots showing Pokemon X running in Citra are under Nintendo's copyright, so I unfortunately couldn't post them... Hence only a screenshot of currently existing homebrew applications.
Don't encourage the illiterates he's probably going to think you're being serious and demand to have your version because he deserves it since he exists.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im waiting for the pokefags to come flooding this thread!

but really, awesome progress! i hope this achieves monumental breakthroughs and we see a fully working 3ds emulator. thanks.
cna i pla pokeyman z on dis emu if i cnt it isnt legt.

/s
Pretty hyped though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi