Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
lol what a joke.

But it's true.
Emulators of current gen consoles will benefit LPers most, tester second and normal players least.

The console isn't copyrighted, you can't pirate it. Using an emulator of a console you don't own is perfectly legal.

And i've bought games for consoles i don't own before. I also still have games for consoles i no longer own. I don't think that's as rare as you might think.

Well, I did say "pirating" isn't the most accurate term.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Git versions can be found here:

http://www.emucr.com/2014/05/citra-git-20140501.html

Maybe they are more stuff added into the Source code that bunnei could make use of...

Are maybe have a chat to the ones who are editing it if, all knowledge combines :)

You do know that emucr is just a bunch of assholes trying to make ad money off other projects by being the only ones providing builds for effectively useless* software that is vastly overhyped by people unfamiliar with emulation, right? Harsh tone aside, I'd appreciate if people stopped supporting people like that. It's highly disappointing to see efforts being abused like this successfully.

* I know that it's "not useless", but you get the point.

I know some can be assholes , But I have nether had to pay for any think on the site at all, all downloaded 4 Free, as download and then chose a host of your choice.

Yes I know about emulation, but no way I know about source coding, Hexing yes a bit I know of.

So this person who is, is not doing it for the money at all.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But it's true.
Emulators of current gen consoles will benefit LPers most, tester second and normal players least.

Well, I did say "pirating" isn't the most accurate term.
well assuming a 3ds emulator capable of playing games is made....lets assume it would atleast need some of the system files/bios to run, at that point you could say your pirating the system OS too :P

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
I know some can be assholes , But I have nether had to pay for any think on the site at all, all downloaded 4 Free, as download and then chose a host of your choice.

Yes I know about emulation, but no way I know about source coding, Hexing yes a bit I know of.

So this person who is, is not doing it for the money at all.

The fact that they display more than 6 ads whenever someone goes to their website and downloads one build shows that they make money off of this anyway (and many people might even argue that yes, you are indeed paying something when being exposed to advertisements). I'd probably throw up if I knew any hard numbers on their ad revenue, but I'd expect it to be ridiculously large compared to the effort that is being put into that site as a whole. So yeah, regardless of whether you paid something for it or not, they are making money off other stuff which they didn't contribute anything to at all. Even worse, they are making the ad money that other projects would get if you'd downloading builds from the official websites.

You could maybe argue now that you had an ad blocker active, but you'd still support emucr regardless by improving their page rank in Google. Truth be told, emucr deserves to die. It does not do any good whatsoever and only exists for ad revenue.

Anyway, this is just FYI and highly off-topic (even though it barely matters given that people started a discussion about 4-dimensional spaces out of nowhere and without any sense), so let's just stop right here.

Reactions: Celice

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Should we put a compiled build on filetrip? Though considering it's purpose that might be redundant.
well assuming a 3ds emulator capable of playing games is made....lets assume it would atleast need some of the system files/bios to run, at that point you could say your pirating the system OS too :P

If it's 100% HLE then we won't need a copy of the OS. However it's possible that in order to run commercial ROMs, the hardware security system has to be emulated somehow, at which point it might not be so legal anymore.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Should we put a compiled build on filetrip? Though considering it's purpose that might be redundant.
Yes, sort of redundant. We're busy enough convincing people that they don't want to use it, yet even have them ask for help getting their 3rd party build working.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that they display more than 6 ads whenever someone goes to their website and downloads one build shows that they make money off of this anyway (and many people might even argue that yes, you are indeed paying something when being exposed to advertisements). I'd probably throw up if I knew any hard numbers on their ad revenue, but I'd expect it to be ridiculously large compared to the effort that is being put into that site as a whole. So yeah, regardless of whether you paid something for it or not, they are making money off other stuff which they didn't contribute anything to at all. Even worse, they are making the ad money that other projects would get if you'd downloading builds from the official websites.

You could maybe argue now that you had an ad blocker active, but you'd still support emucr regardless by improving their page rank in Google. Truth be told, emucr deserves to die. It does not do any good whatsoever and only exists for ad revenue.

Anyway, this is just FYI and highly off-topic (even though it barely matters given that people started a discussion about 4-dimensional spaces out of nowhere and without any sense), so let's just stop right here.

I get the point sorry, Just did not think of the advertisements in this way at all.

Besides I need to get a 64bit system to test the official build, look like not supported for 32bit at all.

I can try my Niece laptop next time she down.

Anyway to bunnie, All best with your emulator :) keep up good work.

Mention it at NGEnu people like nocash author of no$ is there , Should be good a projects like this and maybe could look into the source code, since its open, not seen him for a bit though, I'm Jhon591 there.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's true.
Kind of like wii emulation during the wii's life time, right?

Oh wait, it ran full speed, has online support (including netplay that works better than the console's online support), and compatible with almost every game with minimal issues. There's no reason the same can't be done with 3ds, it will just take time.

Reactions: TsukiyoX

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Oh wait, it ran full speed, has online support (including netplay that works better than the console's online support), and compatible with almost every game with minimal issues. There's no reason the same can't be done with 3ds, it will just take time.

Yeah, all emulator takes a few years to mature.

Reactions: TsukiyoX

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

that was mainly due to the fact that the wii was pretty much gamecube 1.5, dolphin had already been around long before the wii was released(3 years before in fact), so when a console using pretty much 90% of the same hardware it would be fairly simple to expand the compatibility

also the specs required to run wii games in full speed etc are fairly high compared to the price of the console....by the time the emulator ran most wii games you could pick the wii up for next to nothing.......tbh i don't think any emulator has massively hurt sales of any console, flashcarts do more damage as the user obviously already owns the console so a person using a rom is more likely to be a lost sale where as a person using an emulator would be less likely to rush out and buy the console+the game if emulation wasn't an option

but again i dont think any sort of emulator how most people would be expecting will be around for a good while yet

Duy Bui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys…
I'd like to share a project that I've been working on with a few others for the past few months – the first public project to attempt 3DS emulation. "Citra" (https://github.com/bunnei/citra/) is an experimental Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++ (and licensed under GPLv2).

At this time, it is in the very initial stages of development, and is only capable of running homebrew. It currently supports:
  • ARM9/ARM11 interpreter for the 3DS "appcore" – the processor core dedicated to running user applications
  • (Some) OS HLE to support userland interaction with the various 3DS OS services
  • Loading of ELF and launcher.dat files
  • Framebuffer rendering
  • Debugger with ARM11 disassembler, register view, callstack and symbol loading (written in Qt)
  • Supported on both Linux and Windows (MS Visual Studio 2013 Express)
I want to emphasize that for the long-term, this project will only (potentially) be useful to developers – there are many non-existent components that are absolutely essential to even loading a commercial game (and furthermore there is no gamepad or hardware 3D support, among many many other things).

Anyone interested in the project please checkout #citra on Freenode – there is no website/forums.

Smealum's yeti3DS port (ARM11) single-window mode on Windows 8:
View attachment 7529

TE3DS (ARM9) running in Qt debugger on Windows 8:
View attachment 7530

Mandelbrot 3DS demo (ARM9) running in Qt debugger on Ubuntu:
View attachment 7531

More demos running: http://imgur.com/a/4qE81

Will it work on mac ?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The name of this thread should be changed to like "3ds debugging tool" or something lol. Too many confused people lol

No it shouldn't
It's a program that emulates the 3DS, aka makes stuff programmed for 3DS work on PC
(partially,
not enough anyways for running anything other than homebrew for the time being,
and seemingly not enough for your own tastes since "no commercial games=it's not an emulator" / I guess PCSX2, PPSSPP and Dolphin begun as Excel spreadsheet editors?)
Why should it be named anything other than an emulator?

A baby can't walk, can't talk, and certainly has very limited mental and physical capacities.
I guess he doesn't qualify as a "human" then? let's call him a "weeping lobster" or something?

Those "confused" people can go FUCK themselves, since they CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO EVEN READ THE FIRST POST.

harmoney85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded citra and it says "Cannot mix incompatible qt library (version 0x40806) with this library (version 0x40801)" and the browser immediately disappears. It's really frustrating.
What do I have to do? Please, give me some help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...