Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long after the nintendo ds came out was the nintendo ds emulator made?

I mean, it's a whole different system entirely, and fairly more complex than the extremle low spec DS. Things like this will take a long time, possibly even until the 3DS succesor comes out.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire coming out i want this even more now!

I wouldn't count on this or any other games being playable for a good long time...and a game that's not yet released depending on the games complexity may take YEARS before it works properly. Castlevania 3 for NES rings a bell as it took over a decade for it to get up and running properly in most emulators.

ash_k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't count on this or any other games being playable for a good long time...and a game that's not yet released depending on the games complexity may take YEARS before it works properly. Castlevania 3 for NES rings a bell as it took over a decade for it to get up and running properly in most emulators.

Do you think X and Y will be playable by this time next year? What's the percent chance that a working emulator will eventually be created at all?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Do you think X and Y will be playable by this time next year? What's the percent chance that a working emulator will eventually be created at all?
99.9% sure an emulator will exist at some point in time could be tomorrow (very unlikely) could be in 37 years, nobody can really say atm
Ps. its only 99.9% just in case the Apocalypse happens

pps this is already a "working" emulator i assume you mean a emulator that runs retail games though

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, just save up for a 3DS unless you don't mind waiting several years.

Even then you will need a high end PC which probably costs 2-3x as much as a 3DS.

I thought this was the general idea of emulation? If you want to play it, buy the hardware. If you just want to benefit from this, you gotta wait it out. That's the way I always looked at it.

Satisfaction = buy hardware
Benefit = wait for developers to emulate

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Playing on a real system is usually a much better experience than playing it on a computer, sure, some PSX and Wii games can look much nicer with the proper filters, however, handheld games don't usually fit into those.

While the 3D might be a gimmick, so is the gyroscope and a lot of 3DS games actually use it.

Reactions: Snailface

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/hKwutLp9NE4?si=O-l2D_Am4d5pKSVM