Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bunnei, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Maybe your mouse is broken? I didn't have that issue.

2. Emogop

Emogop Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2016
    Russia
    Gulag, Siberia
    No he's right. You can't see it when nothing is running but while playing a game there's a weird white someting under the menu where mouse doesn't work.

Attached Files:

3. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Weird. Have any of you tried press the Alt button and browse the menus?

4. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    this happens in canary not in nightly

5. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    It's specifically happening with the latest Citra Canary MinGW build and I'm 100% sure that it's not just me. I already saw some people at Reddit mentioning it.
    Err.. I did specify that it was happening with the latest Canary, so..

EDIT:
    Calm down dude. I simply thought you've misread what I wrote because of the way in which you worded your message. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Lunos, Apr 8, 2018
  6. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States

Sooooo.... I said it wasn't happening in nightly.... Soooo. you can draw your own conclusion that maybe it will be fixed. Don't ask for help if you wan tno feedback

Alt-F does work, but it still does not work with the mouse unless you hit the ither menus first

Last edited by aevans0001, Apr 8, 2018
  7. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    I just realized that my canary build was last Thursday build. My bad.
    Anyways, just downloaded the latest canary and got the same error. Welp. :\

8. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    The latest Canary build features camera support. But I don't know how to make the other option(System Camera) to work. I want to use my computer's webcam for a test run and it didn't preview anything. Maybe it's not yet done and not functioning right now. But I digress because the recent tweet shows this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Miguel Gomez, Apr 9, 2018
    Robz8 likes this.
  9. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    System Camera works. It needs to have no image set in the qt .ini file.
    Can confirm it works using an Android phone as a webcam.

10. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    But I downloaded that build when I posted that. Haven't even put any images there...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, how do you set your own phone as a camera? That looks sick as hell.

11. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    I followed this guide (did WiFi method), and used an app called MagicCamera.

12. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    I am on Windows 10 using latest nightly build. Why does Citra look like something from Windows Xp with Classic theme?

13. Kushagra

Kushagra Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    India
    Same problem with me except I'm on Windows 7.

14. AvatarMew

Sep 5, 2015
    I'll be using this for speedrunning once save states are a feature but other than that why would someone use Citra over a 3DS?

15. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Graphical enhancements, recording gameplays is easier while playing on an emulator and it makes testing mods easier too, I suppose.

16. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    As Lunos said, graphical enhancement and recording. But ofc, small amount of users don't own a 3DS because it's not available in their country or parents refuse to buy a game console especially Nintendo Switch(I'm one of those people who haven't own a Switch. But I will save more money for it).

I still prefer playing 3DS games on my 3DS cause online battles with someone is fun(what I meant is the use of Nintendo Network ID like Wonder Trade or Smash Bros' For Fun and For Glory). Ik that Citra have online support, but it's pretty choppy and sometimes cut during battles.

AceofZeroz likes this.
  17. FlightlessMacaw

FlightlessMacaw Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2018
    Ireland
    So I Just downloaded Citra 3ds Nightly (newest, windows) and I installed Pokemon Stars Rom hack for ultra moon. For some reason my game freezes and goes to 0% speed and 0 frames when I get to the very first call with wicke, (kuikui intro but it changed the model) I haven't changed any settings. Im running intel core i3, 8gb ram, and the equivalent of a gtx 680. Does anyone know what I should do? It literally freezes at 0% speed and 0 fps.

18. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Not sure if it'll fix your problem, but consider trying the latest Canary build instead. I don't think there is a reason to use Nightly, unfortunately.

19. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Uhh. I think you didn't rebuild the rom properly. Make sure you have the right region. US Version of the hack should be build on a US Version of the game afaik.

20. KotoM511

KotoM511 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2018
    Australia
    I have been playing 7th Dragon III Code: VFD on Citra recently.
    For some reason, I can't go into battle with the first dragon boss(Atlantis), it just crashed everytime I tried to encounter the fight. I don't know if anyone play this game have the same problem as me or not.

I'd say I have a decent specs :
    Inspiron Gaming 15 7000
    Windows 10
    16GB RAM
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU@ 2.8 GHz
    GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

After experiencing the 1st crash, all of my games have been running on 80-85% speed compare to 90-100% before, I can't figure out the reason why.
    I can't understand code or log file much so if anyone could tell me some hints or even better solution to solve this, much thanks to you.
    Before the game crash, there's this particular line that caught my eyes:
    Debug <Critical> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:operator():1235: Assertion Failed!

and before this there was [ 2.038662] Render.OpenGL <Info> video_core/renderer_opengl/renderer_opengl.cpp:Init:487: GL_VERSION: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 391.35
    so I'm guessing that Citra team hasn't fixed it yet for all other games than Pokemon or Nintendo games.