Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bunnei, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Oh. From what I search, you need CFW to make it work and I'm not sure if you could do that on Citra.
    If you want, download the .cia on to Citra and then load it.
    Get the compiled version.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhx-data-manager.434848/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Be sure to backup save files and also, try experimenting it

2. Astragon
    This message by Astragon has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 15, 2018, Reason: Asking for warez.
    Aug 14, 2018
  3. Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    question, has anybody made any cheat engine tables for citra?

4. mancasoko

mancasoko GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    As far as I know just for few.
    etrian odyssey iv, rune factory 4 and dragon quest 8, but you need specific build of citra for them to work because I think those tables can not work on all versions of citra.

5. Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    ah I see, I was hoping for tables for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Metroid Samus Returns. I do have a build that has a cheat option for gateway cheats but I found not all of them work. Metroid for example freezes after killing an enemy. Other games I got such as Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon Ultra Sun, New Super Mario Bros 2, Legend of Zelda OOT, Majora's Mask, and Link Between Worlds have cheats that don't seem to work at all.

6. mancasoko

mancasoko GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    You should check gateway cheats thread in here. In there you can find some cheats made to work on citra too.

7. gerome9219

gerome9219 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    Philippines
    Is there any update on citra controller configuration? The analog and directional buttons are all kinda mixed up especially when playing mhxx

8. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    you do know that you could set up your own configuration for your controller on Citra, right?

9. Marya

Marya Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    It's been ages yet Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is unable to play...

10. Astragon

Astragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Okay so I have discovered a problem with Citra, idk what is going on.

When I press a button for the "R" functionality on a 3DS, it proceeds to act like its holding down the button when it's actually not. As a result this completely screws up the controllability of Monster Hunter Double Cross to the point where any weapon reliant on the R button to work cannot work at all, which almost all of them use the R button in some way.

I have been attempting to set up two different experimental versions of Citra that have cheat functionality, one by whojan and the other is named Citra-Valentin. They appear to work the exact same as normal Citra.

And in all three versions of it, the sticking R button is a persistent problem with no solution.

11. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    hi sorry to ask but ive seen a few videos lately of citra running on android? ive had a google and cant find much at all. is this just Bs?

12. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Citra on Android is an unofficial build NOT made by the Citra Devs. It's legit. But don't expect it to work on normal smartphones. I tried and it crashed especially just boot Homebrew Launcher.

If it's bs, none of the biggest youtubers review it and have gameplay like 64iOS.

Asking for a build that works on normal phones is pointless. You really need an expensive gaming smartphone to play on an emulator that is based of a handheld console that is cheaper than a gaming smartphone and gaming pc.

13. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    Samsung s8 be worthy of the challenge? If so where could I get this build from?

14. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Bowl0l and MRDOCA like this.
  15. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
  16. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    the one in the link have the .apk. You clearly didn't see it.
    On mobile, tap the Asset tab and it will show you three options. Download the .apk.

upload_2018-10-9_21-30-38.

This is coming from the same link that I sent you. Wonder how did you miss that and directly go to the source code?

Last edited by Miguel Gomez, Oct 9, 2018
    xmeee978 and MRDOCA like this.
  17. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    I didn't click on assets so it didn't show up. I just assumed it was a "compile it yourself" thanks though

Miguel Gomez likes this.
  18. X Virus

X Virus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Malaysia
    Finally pokemon x & y is almost playable on latest Canary version of Citra build (most frozen was fixed and it now run slow in low FPS! :rolleyes: Hope citra team can fixed the rest of problem soon for it. :P

Last edited by X Virus, Dec 8, 2018
    mikeprado30, xmeee978 and drwhojan like this.
  19. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Pokemon X gameplay footage. This is sped up. Not actual speed.

20. Spadezilla

Spadezilla GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2013
    United States
    what are recommended system specs for Citra

21. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Would like to know, how good are Link Between Worlds and Fire Emblem Awakening running? Have an 7700k and 1060 6gb so i think thats fine for Citra, but can i play them start to finish no problem?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted