Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bunnei, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    I can't say if it doesn't have any game ending bugs or anything, but ALBW works perfectly so far for me, also on a 1060.

alexj9626 likes this.
  2. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Iirc Awakening got that issue before and I think with the latest update that allows you to play Pokemon X and Y from start to finish, I think Awakening can be complete from start to finish.

ALBW, already done that few months ago.

alexj9626 likes this.
  3. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Is it possible to emulate a nand/home menu?

4. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    You can boot Home Menu but not able to function like an actual Home Menu. I was playing around with my dump and it sometimes crash every time when you select a game or app.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I really want to see that sexy high quality Nintendo 3DS logo when it boots but I can get that by opening up System Settings in an clean copy of the NAND(Factory Reset).

Last edited by Miguel Gomez, Jan 9, 2019
  5. mancasoko

mancasoko GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    Is it possible to use ntr cheats plugins with Citra, because there are many cheats in plugin form that are not available in codes form?

6. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Would be nice if Citra have background input support like Dolphin Emulator. I can't play games with my Xbox controller while type something on Discord at the same time on my computer. Make it happen.

xmeee978 likes this.
  7. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    Thats a nice way to ask a favor :P

8. nyanmaruu182

nyanmaruu182 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2019
    Indonesia
    hello everyone
    can someone have save file for Harvest Moon 3D A New Beginning? for bypass charater name error etc
    the gender is boy

9. Ronanklan

Ronanklan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    I have a Backup of my Entire SD Card from December 2018...
    This was right before i upgraded from 32GB to a 64GB card...

The Backup became corrupted or something because when i try to copy it onto the new 64GB Card the Console will Not even turn on...

I have since reinstalled everything and my console works just fine again... (Yes, with the 64GB card)
    However, I LOST all of my SAVED games....

So Today i downloaded Citra to see if I could try to "Emulate the SD Card" by using the Backup on my PC....

So far my 2 hours of searching have come up empty if this is even possible...

Everything i find wants you to dump the saves from the Console...
    However, that will not work for what im trying to do, which is to see if those save files are actually corrupted or not, because the save game data is completely different for whats currently on my console and the data i have the backup of....

The whole point of this is just to see if those save game files that i lost could be salvaged somehow... After all, on my PC the entire Backup seems completely normal... Its only when i tried to load it onto the new SD caard and fire it up is where i had problems... Maybe it had something to do with the 32GB and 64GB cards having different Storage systems... (Yes i formatted the 64GB to FAT32 BEFORE i put the Backup files on there.)(Even doing that the Console would NOT even turn on when i tried. That is why i was forced to start from Scratch and lost 200+ hours of gameplay)

Because i would love a way to find out if i could just copy and paste JUST the save files onto my new SD card and have them work.....

I haven't just went ahead and pasted them onto the new card yet because i would hate to screw up my console AGAIN... It took me 26 hours to get it back to the point its at now... LOL

I just really really want my save game data back....

So is what i am trying to do even possible?
    I am beginning to think that it is not....

Last edited by Ronanklan, Mar 18, 2019
  10. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    can i dump and inject my whole 3ds nand and sd card to the citra pc directory? it will save me time in importing saves and titles.

11. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    I'm preeeeeeeetty sure that works, yes.

12. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    well apparently i cant "directly" drag and drip as my UUID on the does dosen't match up with citras folder format. with careful file placement i "kinda" made progress. but replacing certain citra unique files result in citra crashing on launch

13. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Is there a way to find new Gateway Cheats with Citra? Thinking 'Cheat Engine', but is there any other Program to possibly get the Codes to be Proper, the way Gateway Codes are? Especially for Pointers, but I know TempAR Pointer Search once the Address/s are proper.

Spadezilla likes this.
  14. jagzphoenix

jagzphoenix Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    India
    not in ur place, bitch
    This is working really nice with Pokemon omega ruby, so far! Great job!

15. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
  16. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    With a i5-9400F, GTX 1050Ti and 8GB RAM its possible to play Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D at full speed?

17. GayCoonie

GayCoonie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    Everything I tried worked fine, but I find myself not really using it once I CFW'd my 3DS.

18. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    I CFW my console too but I'm only using the emulator for some high quality games and testing some of the mods before going into the 3DS.

19. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Urban Trial Freestyle works great. Menus and Track Selection it Speeds up fast. In-Game is perfect
    Urban Style Freestyle 2 stops at the Connecting to Internet. FPS go from 30 to 0, like something stopped it from continuing. A few Months back, it was working perfectly.......In-Game, if you went into a Shadowed Area you could not see much, but other than that it ran great. But for a while now, keeps getting stuck at the Connecting to Internet part.

20. vbebo

vbebo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2019
    France
    Hello i try to play pokemon X on citra emulateur with the update 1.5 but it is not in 3ds file its in cia file so i try to convert it but i have the messsage : couldn't read the exheader file;

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted