Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
freestile said:
Hey guys is there any reason to update from v4beta2 to v4beta4?? I know v4beta3 was an update
that had addressed something with the disc loaders. I just like to keep up to date with the updates
when I can and was just wondering if it would be okay/recommended to update from v4beta2 to v4beta4. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance and thanks to all involved
in modmii, mighty channels and cIOSX d2x.
Well, if you read the change logs above and think you can benefit from some changes, just try it, if it does not work, just go back to the one that does work for your setup.

Greetz,
Etheboss

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@davebaol

Thank you for adding the 4k support for fat. It was great to see that one
little file that shows it works, even though no apps support it yet. If you
ever need me to do more testing I'd be happy to.

Now I'm just trying to get the loader coder interested
smile.gif

When you gonna make it work for NTFS? lol

Thanks again!

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dexter222 said:
@davebaol

Thank you for adding the 4k support for fat. It was great to see that one
little file that shows it works, even though no apps support it yet. If you
ever need me to do more testing I'd be happy to.

Now I'm just trying to get the loader coder interested
smile.gif

When you gonna make it work for NTFS? lol

Thanks again!
Mm, i might be mistaken, but NTFS support depends on the homebrew. For example, a few USB loaders now support NTFS AND can use this cIOS.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you're right.
Also fat support depends on the homebrew.
AFAIK only Mighty Channels and Triiforce use fat support provided by the cios for nand emulation.

FnFa8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@davebaol

Hi, I've sugested to Marc, the developer of Mighty Channels, that he added some setting to select which USB port (1 or 2) is to be used by is app.
Is answers was:

# Marc
@FnF: Sorry, that depends on the cIOS. You can suggest it to davebaol, who's the creator of rev21d2x.

So, I'm suggesting to you, if possible, that your cIOS allow for that possibility.
Thx.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Actually, I think there would be a lot of demand to be able to use both ports (or either port). I've been asked many times how to get port1 to work in usb-loaders instead of port0, and I always refer them to cfg usb-loaders alternate module (saved to the external hard drive or SD card). The problem with this solution is that it only works with wbfs partitions. Anyways, I don't think this is a "must have" for a cIOS, but I'm sure many people would find it useful especially if alternate usb-port support was added for d2x cIOSs for the more common usb-loaders. The main ppl who'll benefit from these are those ppl with a fried port0.

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no source? I think I've waited a reasonable amount of time. If you are not going to comply with the license, I'm going to have to request a takedown.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega191 said:
Still no source? I think I've waited a reasonable amount of time. If you are not going to comply with the license, I'm going to have to request a takedown.

No offense dude but this is pretty lol...

He told you he would give you the source, I'm sure he does not want to have unfinished/buggy source out there. I'll leave all this to him but it seems he works quite a bit on this.

Getting it taken down will not only not get you the source, but you and everyone else will not be getting what is the best cIOS to date for the wii anymore, seems like a great trade! I'm curious what you need his source for anyway.

Don't get me wrong, the license does make it so he needs to provide source, and he should. But my point is that he is not making a stink about it or saying hes not going to give you source or even pulling drama/crap like saying hes not using anyone else's code or something silly like that. So I really don't understand why the threat. Could just ask again with no threat, hell maybe he just forgot since he's obviously been so busy coding...

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Omega191 said:
The source for v3 final is available already, and currenly v4 is still in beta. Is it so out of line to let him release the source when he releases d2x v4 final? That seems fair to me... but then again I don't know nearly as much as the GPL police when it comes to beta's and sources and whatever so I'll defer to your expertise.

However, I'm pretty sure there's no rule requiring sources if davebaol was to conduct closed beta testing... so assuming dave doesn't want to have to bother releasing sources for every beta he wants tested, there should be nothing stopping him from removing the beta download links and instead telling ppl to email [email protected] for the download link (since that's how other gbatemp guides get around copyright issues). Can you confirm that this workaround is acceptable?

Omega, sorry if the above comments sound harsh. But davebaol is a friend of mine, and I don't respond well to threats. Don't take it personally.

@davebaol, I really don't want to see this project closed down. So to avoid that, plz make the sources for your beta's available (at least upon request) or consider implementing the closed beta testing solution I mentioned above. I'm sure nobody wants this project to be shut down (perhaps with a few notable exceptions), so plz take Omega's threat seriously. He's gotten other projects shut down before, and I'm sure he can do it again.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Omega191 said:
I know I'm late.
As promised about 1 month ago I'll release the source with v4 final. And it's almost done.
So please wait a few more days, let's say till the week end.
If you can't wait, no problem, do what you think is the right thing.

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there ever be a legal way to attain this cIOS without using Modmii, I'm sure some people would like an alternative cIOS installer, or hack of Waninkoko's cIOS rev21 installer for example.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Omega191 said:
I know I'm late.
As promised about 1 month ago I'll release the source with v4 final. And it's almost done.
So please wait a few more days, let's say till the week end.
If you can't wait, no problem, do what you think is the right thing.
That sounds reasonable.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega191 said:

Here we go again. Same old shit. I know, why don't we piss off all the decent developers like sorg, daveboal and anyone else because of someone who's got their foot too far up their own ass??

Why do you care anyway? Is it harming you personally or your life? Are you losing money because you don't have the source? Is it your job to make sure all source code is published?

Live and let live and stop bitching about it.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
d2x cIOS Installer v1

d2xciosinstallericon.png

This is the official d2x cIOS Installer created by dragbe and was made with the full support of the d2x team. This homebrew runs on the Wii and is an alternative to ModMii to install the d2x cIOSs (especially helpful for peopel without Windows and are therefore unable to run ModMii).

For those who completely missed these new cIOSs, it is actually a modification of the Waninkoko's rev21 cIOSs in response to the problems faced by many users with his original cIOSs.

The d2x cIOSs offer better USB device compatibility, improves NAND emulation, eliminates lags found in some usb-loaders like WiiFlow, and more.

d2xciosinstaller.png

Features
  • Allows to install the cIOS d2x v3 (rev21003) and v4-beta (rev21004).
  • IOS bases supported: IOS37 v5662, v4123 IOS38, IOS53 v5662, v5662 IOS55, IOS56 v5661, IOS57 v5918, IOS58 v6175.
  • Ability to choose the installation slot.
  • Ability to peform online and offline installations.
  • Support for Classic Controller (untested), Wiimotes and GameCube controllers.

Download Link

Source Code Download Link
dragbe reluctantly released the current sourcecode of the d2x cIOS Installer, but if anyone is seriously looking to study the source they may be better off waiting until his next release when the code is optimized and cleaned up.

dragbe's initial release page

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol