Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Currently I am using rev21, I want to change that to rev10 (for WiiFlow), but I have no idea how to do that.

I have d2x-v10-beta52 installed on IOS249 (rev 21010) and IOS250 (rev 21010)

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can someone please explan what the differences in the newest versions are d2x-v10-beta52 and d2x-v10-beta53 ? its been a while since i updated my CIOS

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry, but I don't know which difference you want to know between beta52 and beta53 other than the one stated here :

Beta 52 :
Pros:
- Higher compatibility for nand emulation.
Cons:
- 1 usb port supported.
- Non plug&play usb devices, meaning that you MUST connect them before starting the game/usbloader.

Beta 53
Pros:
- 2 usb ports supported.
- Fully plug&play usb devices, meaning that you can connect them when the game asks for them.
Cons:
- Lower compatibility for nand emulation.

If you want the technical changes, you can check the sources to see what has been modified to affect the NAND Emu, the USB port init and the HDD compatibility.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
... Oh! That's why I was confused :o

In that sense, seems beta53 would be better for installing on the real NAND of a Wii.
It depends on your situation and personal preference of course
but when it says it has better compatibility with emuNAND, it means that it's better at READING an emuNAND as opposed to being installed onto an emuNAND.

When you run a emuNAND game or have a Wii games use emuNAND saves, D2X itself is actually loaded from real NAND almost always ... but it's then what's used to read the emuNAND and 52 does a better job at THAT than 53

so it mostly just depends if you find using emuNAND more important or USB flexibility more important.

snappyg9

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys,

I've just purchased a Korea exclusive game "K-Pop Dance Festival". The problem is this disc is Korea exclusive, and can't be played on regular modded US/Jap/Eur set. I've tried the latest Gecko, Neogamma, wiiflow, USB loader. The set will freeze upon loading. No matter what settings are done, it won't play.

I've heard of a patched ciso for supporting Korean games, but it seems that the project was discontinued..

Is there any way software I can run in order to play the disc? Thanks guys!!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi guys,

I've just purchased a Korea exclusive game "K-Pop Dance Festival". The problem is this disc is Korea exclusive, and can't be played on regular modded US/Jap/Eur set. I've tried the latest Gecko, Neogamma, wiiflow, USB loader. The set will freeze upon loading. No matter what settings are done, it won't play.

I've heard of a patched ciso for supporting Korean games, but it seems that the project was discontinued..

Try launching it from Wiiflow. R897 added support for Korean games, though Fix94.1 writes that it is untested.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try launching it from Wiiflow. R897 added support for Korean games, though Fix94.1 writes that it is untested.
snappyg9 can use the latest wiiflow as wel (4.1.3) this version is newer than R897, but it could be very wellpossible the game has to be ripped 1st to hdd...not sure though.

Reactions: kp_centi

Katalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Latest neek2o+di beta will play the disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf