Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

MatieuFortier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i would like to play Guitar Hero 5 on my usb loader gx. My wii system menu is 4.3u. Is the d2x-cios-installer can help me to play that game cause I always get a black screen.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you get a black screen you're doing something wrong.
Update your loader and use d2x cios with base 56. It works good for me.
Also check your iso with the too I mentioned above.

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Released d2x v8 beta r41.
Changelog here.
Install with ModMii or d2x-cios-installer.
:yay: Works great. Thanks for your continued dedication - you're the best!

Also, sorry if this is covered somewhere in the 175 pages in this thread but just in case, for info, downloads from Google Code site still gives me "zip file not valid"!?, but ModMii method worked.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@sock99
use 7zip to unzip d2x packages
...or winrar

@daveboal
By the way with d2x cIOS v8+ there is some issues with some WiiWare savegame/gamedata creation (games freezes, take Cave Story for examaple). Tried with Mighty Channel and PostLoader3. (The above mentioned game works with cIOS v7 but not v8+)
Added the issue on http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=19

Also I think there are some emulators that loads ISO files, are you sure that removing the FAT ISO loading suport didn't affected these? I don't know myself they maybe do this by there own functions and not the cIOS. That's why I'm asking.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if the file is really a .7z file why name it .zip?
it only creates confusion
eh ask XFlak. :ha:
I could manually rename it with .7z before uploading it on google code but then I'm not sure modmii is able to unzip it.

@daveboal
By the way with d2x cIOS v8+ there is some issues with some WiiWare savegame/gamedata creation (games freezes, take Cave Story for examaple). Tried with Mighty Channel and PostLoader3. (The above mentioned game works with cIOS v7 but not v8+)
It's not working with both b8 r40 and r41?
Let me know and I'll look into it asap.

Also I think there are some emulators that loads ISO files, are you sure that removing the FAT ISO loading suport didn't affected these? I don't know myself they maybe do this by there own functions and not the cIOS. That's why I'm asking.
I don't think there has never been any emulator using the fat iso loading support provided by the cios.
And no one has complained so far.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@daveboal
Yes, the same result with both (v8+).

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nobody use decrypted discs anymore.
Also I never used them because I was a happy modchip user at that time lol
So I don't even know how to make a decrypted disc. Is it easy?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's easy, just use the tool from that time. In theory the reads from decrypted discs a little faster, but in exchange the data is closer to the inner edge, so it's slower at the same time. Anyways, NeoGamma should support them again.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's easy, just use the tool from that time. In theory the reads from decrypted discs a little faster, but in exchange the data is closer to the inner edge, so it's slower at the same time. Anyways, NeoGamma should support them again.
hmm... if they work again with last neogamma it's not a cios issue I guess.

d2x files on google code with .7z extension would break modmii support.
For now I added a warning in the donwload summary, see http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list?can=2&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm... if they work again with last neogamma it's not a cios issue I guess.
[...]

We talked about this. LowUnencryptedRead was changed somewhen in the cIOS, and that broke the decrypted discs support. But it can be replaced with LowRead, so it's fixed now and there's no change in the cIOS required, but the cIOS broke it.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah I just remember you told me it was broken.
Anyways if it's only a backword compatibility issue and if it can be easily fixed updating loaders then it's good enough for me since nobody use decrypted discs anymore.
:D

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Nobody uses decrypted discs anymore?" I still use them, as I have some games which aren't on my external hard drive.

I used to have a old wii backup launcher which autobooted decypted discs. But... since Neogamma now supports them, I don't need it anymore. :)

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
eh ask XFlak. :ha:
I could manually rename it with .7z before uploading it on google code but then I'm not sure modmii is able to unzip it.

So why not use deflate compression like 99% of the rest of the world does on their .zips? It's not like you're saving THAT much space using lzma... -_-

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@daveboal
Yes, the same result with both (v8+).
This game works according to my testers, see http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/issues/detail?id=19
I think is a loader issue. Please test it with the last version of gx or triiforce.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye