Hacking cIOS USB2 Released!!!

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pff im on windows and i cant compile mplayer ce because i need to insta libdvdnav an libdvdreab but thats for linux :/

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
djbubba2002 said:
how about Mame or a psx .. that would be great...FS-dumper to the hdd drive ..
for fs dumper there isnt an source av ailble but i cant do yawnd if you want ...

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
Blue-K said:
Not shure if this would work...DVD is still read with 3x Speed...

Read speed for backups: 10.55 Mbit/s
1.1 USB: 12 Mbit/s
2.0 USB: 480 Mbit/s

It wouldn't make a difference to put USB 2 in DVD Dumper

I thought the dumper was for dumping originals and originals are read at 6x ? But maybe not at 6x by the dumper app and only by the disc channel...hmmm?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I thought the dumper was for dumping originals and originals are read at 6x ? But maybe not at 6x by the dumper app and only by the disc channel...hmmm?

thats because when it says 6x through disc channel on originals that means the cios looks to see if the disc is an original and if it is it will leave it alone and the disc will do through the usual disc checks but homebrew needed the dvd read code to access the dvd drive once a homebrew app has loaded and since homebrew apps are limited to 3x speed the dvd dumpeer won't make sense

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nicksasa said:
pff im on windows and i cant compile mplayer ce because i need to insta libdvdnav an libdvdreab but thats for linux :/

Well, bad luck for me
frown.gif
. Then I'll wait until the MPlayer-Ce Team will do this...hope it happens soon
wink.gif
. Again Many Thanks for taking time for that
yaynds.gif

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
will dvd dumper now be able to read at 6x? since the new cios36 rev8 is released?
than it would help to have usb2 speed

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ddp127 said:
will dvd dumper now be able to read at 6x? since the new cios36 rev8 is released?
than it would help to have usb2 speed

blitzer320 has answered that..why can't these people live with the truth
huh.gif
? The Dumper must acess the Disc, and read it out, etc...for that it needs Homebrew (maybe the DVDlib from Twiizers, don't know) and that won't support 6x Speed. The new cIOS has nothing to do with the Disc-Dumper Speed...the new cIOS only makes real, original games to run at 6x Speed...like I said, to run. Reading out, copy, etc needs Homebrew-Acess, and that is limited to 3x.. it is totaly different..for the last time!!!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need to read more
tongue.gif

Compiling

* Compile modified libogc ('make wii' and 'make install') then compile libfat ('make ogc-install'), they are on libs directory on svn.

* In order to compile mplayer_ce you first need to build libdvdread and libdvdnav.

* In config.mak in both libdvdread and libdvdnav you need to set both SRC_PATH and SRC_PATH_BARE to the correct directory, eg /c/projects/mplayer_ce-source/libdvdread-trunk (remember that it is case sensitive).

* After this you can build livdvdread with 'make' and 'make install' and then libdvdnav with 'make' and 'make install' (in that order).

* Now you can build mplayer_ce with 'make'.

* It should create mplayer.dol in the mplayer-trunk directory.

wink.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm i compiled mplayer ce now with USB2 support but i can´t see a real speed improvement.
Anyway possibly i put the IOSReload(202) on the wrong place or so and i´m sure the Mplayer CE guys will update this.
smile.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
How is this a big development for the homebrew scene? The only program that will benefit from USB 2.0 is an ISO loader, that's it. All other programs already have access to SDHC, and MPlayer CE already streams video via SMB at full speed without the need for any cables.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You only need to change one line
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
the cios_usb2 is compatible with libogc, you just have to do:

IOS_ReloadIOS(202);

at the very begginning of a program to use this.

So i inserted IOS_ReloadIOS(202); directly after main() {... and copied the usbstorage_starlet.c in the mplayer directory.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
How is this a big development for the homebrew scene? The only program that will benefit from USB 2.0 is an ISO loader, that's it. All other programs already have access to SDHC, and MPlayer CE already streams video via SMB at full speed without the need for any cables.

Well read and write speeds are faster on USB 2.0 than they are on SD cards. Some people may also not have the ability to stream via SMB. Also, what if somebody has a bigger USB drive than they do an SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay