Hacking cIOS USB2 Released!!!

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bambam95 said:
As 2 other people already said I hope we see a flatmii like app, which would be great for testing out hacks without going through 300 discs.

DVD-RW .... save your 300 discs and use 1...

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
bambam95 said:
As 2 other people already said I hope we see a flatmii like app, which would be great for testing out hacks without going through 300 discs.

Yeah, because we all want to take the time to re-burn a game every time we want to play it..

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news indeed!

At first I thought this was a USB ISO loader and almost had a aneurysm but this development will definitely lead to a USB-ISO loader eventually!
grog.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
bambam95 said:

Since when has DVD-RW worked with softmods...?
huh.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
Yeah, because we all want to take the time to re-burn a game every time we want to play it..
They were talking about modding games and not playing all games from one DVD-RW.

QUOTE(LegendaryXM90 @ Mar 9 2009, 04:26 AM) Since when has DVD-RW worked with softmods...?
huh.gif
I can't remember when it didn't.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
Jm9760 said:
They were talking about modding games and not playing all games from one DVD-RW.

QUOTE(LegendaryXM90 @ Mar 9 2009, 04:26 AM) Since when has DVD-RW worked with softmods...?
huh.gif
I can't remember when it didn't.

If I'm correct, its always worked, it can just be harmful to the Wii laser (RW stress).
Or is that just GBATemp n00b propaganda I read?

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, last time I used a DVD-RW was with WiiGator's Backup Launcher Beta "back in the day", and I got all kinds of errors. I thought it was a universal fact after that that DVD-RW's were a no-no.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OH EM GEE. Can't wait to get my HDD hooked up to the Wii, and hopefully they'll find a way of completely eliminating the need for SD cards, so we can do everything off HDDs. That would be so useful.

Anyway, I just hope supports takes off for this as soon as possible
biggrin.gif

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant wait for mame..
how about using in on SDL mame??faster loadeing time!
you can boot it from a usb pen or HDD.

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is damn awesome not only for convenience but i could be less worried about the DVD drive failing if an ISO loader were to be made. seems for the price of a new drive is a good amount towards an external HDD.

quick question does installing the new cIOS have any potential of mucking up other cIOSes on the system? any conflict between them possible?

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is a ISO reader doable at all? I am no expert but I think there would need to be an extra layer to be able to decode the ISO on the fly instead of reading the information from the DVD, can the cIOS handle this extra work eventually??

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
Trolly said:
OH EM GEE. Can't wait to get my HDD hooked up to the Wii, and hopefully they'll find a way of completely eliminating the need for SD cards, so we can do everything off HDDs. That would be so useful.

Anyway, I just hope supports takes off for this as soon as possible
biggrin.gif

You'll still need an SD for installing in the first place

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nIxx said:
Hmm i compiled mplayer ce now with USB2 support but i can´t see a real speed improvement.
Anyway possibly i put the IOSReload(202) on the wrong place or so and i´m sure the Mplayer CE guys will update this.
smile.gif
I don't think that you are going to have improve on mplayerce.
Have you an avi that works fine on sd but not on usb?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
ViRGE said:
eric_4_life said:
^If flatmii can do it, then it can be done
Flatmii is a separate hardware device. I can't possibly emphasize just how different that is from any soft mod.

Yes they are different yet the concept of emulating dvd drive can be realized in ios drive module. So drive emulation part is essentially same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works