Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When using my USB loaders a number of games from RS2, WSR, and MH3 dont work (MH3 loads but freezes after choosing to start game in main menu). Ive tried reinstalling the games, but it still doesnt want to work. any idea on what i can do?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a few things you may want to be cautious of.

The first being Rev 18+ (and hermes) lets you use different bases to formulate the CIOS. Each base has specific functions and some games require a specific base to work like MH3. Another thing is that Rev 20 has been released so try updating before downdating.

Also, it may be your loader that is causing the problem. Which loader are you using?

I believe it was left as using Base 56/57 (56 has better compatibility) is recommended.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's more direct things to do...

The games you mention all have something special.
-Monster Hunter 3 is in the same class as the guitar hero/rock band games. It only works on a cIOS that's based on 37 (either one of Hermes's cIOS'es or rev19 or 20 with a base IOS of 37).
-Wii sport resort has an alternative dol. You must set it to use that alt. dol, watch the "how to use the wiimote plus" movie, quit the game, and then tell it not to use the alt dol.
-red steel 2...I know it has something similar as WSR, but I don't know the details.

All in all, there are some games that rely on certain settings (error 002 fix, alt dols, force region settings, certain base IOS'es...things like that). Make sure you've got an USB loader that allows to properly change these settings, and don't assume a game doesn't work if you haven't tried fiddling with those settings (or do a search about them).

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
There's more direct things to do...

The games you mention all have something special.
-Monster Hunter 3 is in the same class as the guitar hero/rock band games. It only works on a cIOS that's based on 37 (either one of Hermes's cIOS'es or rev19 or 20 with a base IOS of 37).
-Wii sport resort has an alternative dol. You must set it to use that alt. dol, watch the "how to use the wiimote plus" movie, quit the game, and then tell it not to use the alt dol.
-red steel 2...I know it has something similar as WSR, but I don't know the details.

All in all, there are some games that rely on certain settings (error 002 fix, alt dols, force region settings, certain base IOS'es...things like that). Make sure you've got an USB loader that allows to properly change these settings, and don't assume a game doesn't work if you haven't tried fiddling with those settings (or do a search about them).
i have everything under base 36, so if u intall CIOS rev 20 under base 37 will that mess anything up?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Painguy said:
i have everything under base 36, so if u intall CIOS rev 20 under base 37 will that mess anything up?

Read, man... use 56, 37 is a terrible choice for 249. Also, you can't possibly have IOS36 as a base for rev19. It hasn't been used since, what... rev10 or something like that? You surely mean 38... Also, rev20 lets you install to multiple slots so you can keep base 38 in slot 249 if you want and install base 56 to slot 250, and if you want base 37, put it somewhere else like 251. And no, it won't screw anything up (except triiforce...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1