GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gamefreak94 said:
Isn't this game the same as the wii version? I mean the story line.

Pretty much, yes. The only variations in storyline is the insertion of Cid's dungeon (If I recall correctly, there's only one mandatory time when you have to visit his dungeon, otherwise, you can go whenever or avoid it altogether).
Which is why I said to use the Wii version's guide if you are stuck.

As I said, even if I wanted to, the storyline is out of my reach, my Japanese isn't that good.

badmonkey32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all of your hard work. Patching went smoothly under Windows 7. It did crash on me when I tried to place items into storage right after the Mayors dungeon. I'm running wood 1.08 on an original R4. This may be the AP on the game or something to do with the item names.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not surprised there are bugs, to be honest. I found one myself with the equipment, I screwed up the line when the attack stays equal (say you have Talons with 30 attack and hover over another talons with 30 attack, the messages mess up BADLY).
Fixed already though.

QUOTE said:
Thank you for all of your hard work. Patching went smoothly under Windows 7. It did crash on me when I tried to place items into storage right after the Mayors dungeon. I'm running wood 1.08 on an original R4. This may be the AP on the game or something to do with the item names.
As for the bank, I'm not sure if it's due to where you were in the game (story-wise) as I just tried withdrawing/depositing about 20 different items and had no problems.
Do you happen to remember what item was it that froze the game? I'm almost there in my test playthrough (which is not seeing much love, since I need all the stuff I have in my original data for testing), but I'll see if I can run into it.

Also, as far as I know, the AP the game had made it froze near the beginning of the game, but that was about it.

QUOTEthanks for the patch =D ur awesome 65% is still good for the short time u started this translation

edit: ps the patch not working on window xp ?

I just tried it on two other computers I have running with XP and it worked fine (both the patching and I tried the game as well).
Is there a specific error you have (like a window pops up or something) or is it just the game not running? If it's the former, can you take a screenshot?

Also, be sure to give the patcher a few moments for it to actually finish.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pitman said:
Using R4 Wood 1.08 game got stuck on the second boss when I entered the item menu.

Not having issues myself. Though I am using a slightly more updated version of the patch, so maybe it was one of the errors that I saw and fixed already that were doing it.

I also tested the bank thing after Gale's memories, no problems at all and I tried about 20 items or so as well (both deposit and withdrawing).
I'll try to post a slightly updated version later today, and see if that fixes some of the issues (or creates more XD).

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yay, this is awesome! Great progress
smile.gif
And it's fully playable now.

Perfect timing too, since I finished the translated Shiren The Wanderer 2 not long ago. Actually I only finished the main story - am in the meat dungeon right now.

I bought the Wii version of Chocobos Dungeon, but I will still put this on my DS for dungeon crawling while on the train.

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it say when i hit on patch file : Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon TWnMDS+ the above file is invalid

i can put the rom on select rom fine i am using windows xp other patches work fine i don't don't whats the problem =(

and my game is the caravan release

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Second version released. Fixed a few quick bugs I saw, among other things.
From this point onwards, my translation will slow down as the only thing that I'm really missing are the full descriptions. Exceptions are if I find a game-breaking bug or something, which I really, really doubt.

Also, I want to play too. ;p

QUOTE said:
it say when i hit on patch file : Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon TWnMDS+ the above file is invalid

i can put the rom on select rom fine i am using windows xp other patches work fine i don't don't whats the problem =(

and my game is the caravan release

Hrmm... Try renaming the patch file to something shorter (like "chocobo.patch") and try that. I don't recall XP having issues with long names but you never know.
If that doesn't work, you can try using an updated xDelta GUI (http://xdelta.org/).
Can't think of any other options, sorry.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could you please upload a pre-patched version?
I really suck at patching, last time I had 5 people help me, and I still didn't manage to patch it..... So someone offerd to do it for me

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Coconut said:
I really suck at patching, last time I had 5 people help me, and I still didn't manage to patch it..... So someone offerd to do it for me

We aren't allowed to post roms.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Coconut said:

'sides the fact that yes, we can't upload ROMs here, it's quite simple. Just follow the instructions enclosed in the file.
And be sure to use an untrimmed ROM (meaning, get the ROM from whichever place you do, and just use that, directly from the rar) and you should be fine.

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huh i rename it still won't let me patch it.... this pop instead.

Unhandle exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will this errror and attempt to continue. if you click quit, the application will close immediately.

any idea using windows xp

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
finally someone had an interest on translating this game
yay.gif
good luck , i really hope more people will come to help you on this, if only somebody would continue noitoras translation of Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon Majo to Shoujo to 5 nin no Yuusha

Whistle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
for some reason my cheats dont appear

when i used v1 the cheats worked but after i patched with v2 (used a clean rom) the cheats wont appear

any1 know why?

im using R4 wood 1.08

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm surprised they appeared even with V1. XD
Due to the changes in the ROM, the ID changed.

You can fix that by opening your cheat database in R4CCE (or the program you use), find the Cid to Chocobo game in the list, and next to the ROM ID field, there should be a button with '...' in it, click it and select the resulting ROM to load its new ID.
Since the actual structure of the game hasn't changed, the cheats should still be working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP