Hacking CIA not showing up on Emunand System Menu.

kennnnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok this thread is going crazy,
first of all the game will not show up if its for the wrong region!
that is unless you are running "rxtools" which has region free built in
rxtools can support old 3ds to the latest firmware 10.5 i believe
new 3ds are out of luck with this and will have to use NTR

MetroidOtherS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using RxTools for CFW by the way? I just read in another thread that out-of-region CIA's should show up fine in the home menu of RxTools emuNAND. If not, try installing bootNTR.cia and run it upon entry to emuNAND.
ok this thread is going crazy,
first of all the game will not show up if its for the wrong region!
that is unless you are running "rxtools" which has region free built in
rxtools can support old 3ds to the latest firmware 10.5 i believe
new 3ds are out of luck with this and will have to use NTR

It may have to do with the region. but ive installed other out of region games and they show up just fine.
I have an o3ds but could u help me use ntr because it crashes and then closes to the system menu when I use it.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some games handle region data differently like Pokemon and Smash

So you being able to install other games in the past doesn't really make a difference

Either use NTR or a CFW that supports region free, as others have said. I use GW but if you don't have it and don't want to pay then use rxTools

MetroidOtherS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So you being able to install other games in the past doesn't really make a difference

Either use NTR or a CFW that supports region free, as others have said. I use GW but if you don't have it and don't want to pay then use rxTools

ntr crashes to the system menu when I use it. I need assistance running it.

Last edited by MetroidOtherS,

MetroidOtherS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys i came up with a solution, thats been stated before. thanks.
i ran rxtools cfw emunand and the cia showed up on the system menu.
thanks guys!

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys i came up with a solution, thats been stated before. thanks.
i ran rxtools cfw emunand and the cia showed up on the system menu.
thanks guys!
You don't NEED to switch to RxTools. There's a cia version that works on US CFWs on that iso site. I'm using Reinand which doesn't support region-free.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You don't NEED to switch to RxTools. There's a cia version that works on US CFWs on that iso site. I'm using Reinand which doesn't support region-free.
yeah but region free cfw is better than non region free cfw... :)

why edit/find every single game to be region free, instead of making your cfw region free once? it seems like a no brainer :D

Reactions: MetroidOtherS

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but region free cfw is better than non region free cfw... :)

why edit/find every single game to be region free, instead of making your cfw region free once? it seems like a no brainer :D
I prefer Reinand since it's a lightweight CFW. My bootrate is way better on Reinand than RxTools. And I'm on n3dsxl so RxTools doesn't support 10.5 yet

MetroidOtherS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ur right because i was able to install great pikachu detective on my cfw, so it has to be that cia. thanks

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I prefer Reinand since it's a lightweight CFW. My bootrate is way better on Reinand than RxTools. And I'm on n3dsxl so RxTools doesn't support 10.5 yet
ok well i use gw and yeah reinand seems nice but no region free is a weird choice (unless it is a very complex 'heavy' patch?)
surely you can have a lightweight cfw whilst having region free patches too...
anyway, bootntr will help you with region free on reinand but still a little chore

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ok well i use gw and yeah reinand seems nice but no region free is a weird choice (unless it is a very complex 'heavy' patch?)
surely you can have a lightweight cfw whilst having region free patches too...
anyway, bootntr will help you with region free on reinand but still a little chore

It's not really a "choice" so much as Reinand is still in development, and there are more important things to do, especially when there are at least 3 CIA solutions that provide region free (plus public code on how to set up an ARM11 process to do "Ver" patching and region free is still sparse as it is).

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It's not really a "choice" so much as Reinand is still in development, and there are more important things to do, especially when there are at least 3 CIA solutions that provide region free (plus public code on how to set up an ARM11 process to do "Ver" patching and region free is still sparse as it is).
so rei wants to include region free sometime in the future? i never got that impression, but if that is so, excellent :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should click the reply button next time. No idea which post you're answering
No... I should finish reading the whole thread before posting :P

The point I was going to make was 1) irrelevant (since the OP is using ReiNand) and 2) already mentioned by other people.

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... I should finish reading the whole thread before posting :P

The point I was going to make was 1) irrelevant (since the OP is using ReiNand) and 2) already mentioned by other people.
im using cakesfw. i ran bootntr.cia but it says 0x00200000 in HomeMenu: e8960140
open ntr.bin failed
bnBootNTR failed

also do i have to create a save to succesfully replace it with 3ds save manager? maybe my save isnt lost after all.

it also turns out my save was never deleted... awesome

boot ntr closes after awhile when i run it.
Indeed you should. Kappa.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MetroidOtherS Do you have an ntr.bin in the root of your SD card? If so, do you know which version of native_firm your build of Cakes is using? AFAIK, NTR hasn't been updated to use the 10.4 native_firm yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu