Homebrew ChoiDujourNX - Does it stop Nintendo from knowing I used CFW and banning me?

Astral-P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so I was considering performing a wipe of my Switch because I messed up updating BOTW and it just said an error occurred.

Though I want to know if resetting my Switch with ChoiDujour erases any trace of me using CFW, because I want to try and get the DLC and update from the eShop.

I am not sure if I have been online during my usage of CFW, or if I have already been banned.

As well as ticking the 'initialize' box when updating to firmware 9.1.0, I clicked 'reboot', but that seemed to boot me into CFW again.

I then reinstalled 9.1.0 and ticked 'initialize' again, but I clicked 'shutdown' this time.

I turned it on again after shutting it down and it went into OFW, but the Switch logo hung around for more than it should've, so I pressed the power button and was about to go here to ask for help, but the Switch startup jingle played a few seconds later, and it seemed to work properly again.

I am now scared to go online for fear I will get banned.

Can someone help me, please?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choidujournx updates your firmware that's all. It does not erase anything.

If you've been in CFW and not using emunand you may already be banned or may get banned one day or maybe you won't get banned. it's completely unknowable.

Reactions: lieder1987

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The use of ChoiDujourNX can potentially get you banned. The only way to satisfactorily "clean" your Switch is to restore a clean eMMC backup. If you don't have a clean backup, you can try Haku33, but it could result in a log mismatch, for example, which itself could get you banned.

If you only ever used basic homebrew and never installed NSP files, then you probably don't want to use Haku33, as it would arguably be riskier than just leaving things alone.

If you care about Switch online play with legitimately purchased games, it is recommended that you do all hackery on an offline emuNAND while keeping your sysNAND clean.

Reactions: scandal_uk

Mcall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only option is to restore a nand backup from before you hacked your switch, and stick to emunand for the hacking part.

Astral-P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your only option is to restore a nand backup from before you hacked your switch, and stick to emunand for the hacking part.
How do I set up an emuNAND?

Oh, and I'm not trying to play online (because in my opinion, Nintendo Online sucks), I'm just trying to re-purchase the BOTW DLC and get the 1.6.0 update, and then maybe get a few more games.

And if I connected to the internet at all but didn't actually open the eShop, would I still risk getting banned?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any time you use CFW even if you weren't online when you used it and then even months later you connect online you could possible get banned. If you didn't want to get banned at all you shouldn't use CFW or researched or asked before you did it. It may be too late. But like I said it's random sometimes they just don't ban people sometimes they do there's no real pattern.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do I set up an emuNAND?
Well different people use different methods. Try mine;

- Download latest Hekate
- Extract "bootloader" folder to SD card
- Inject Hekate bin payload

Create emuMMC partition:
- In Hekate, select "Tools"
- Select "Archive bit * AutoRCM * Touch Tuning"
- Select "Partition SD Card"
- Drag slider for "emuMMC (RAW)" so it's 29GB then "Next Step"
- Select "Start", wait then tap OK and close

Create emuMMC:
- In Hekate, tap "emuMMC"
- Select "Create emuMMC"
- Select "SD Partition"
- Select "Part 1", wait then select "Close" when done
- emuMMC info should show enabled, if not change emuMMC to SD RAW1

Astral-P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any time you use CFW even if you weren't online when you used it and then even months later you connect online you could possible get banned. If you didn't want to get banned at all you shouldn't use CFW or researched or asked before you did it. It may be too late. But like I said it's random sometimes they just don't ban people sometimes they do there's no real pattern.
What if you reset your Switch after you use CFW? And I mean by installing a new firmware edition and doing a factory reset with ChoiDujour.

Last edited by Astral-P,

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What if you reset your Switch after you use CFW? And I mean by installing a new firmware edition and doing a factory reset with ChoiDujour.
The 100% way would be to restore your backups (you know, the ones you always make on step one of every guide).

Astral-P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 100% way would be to restore your backups (you know, the ones you always make on step one of every guide).
Okay. Might be a little tricky as I think I deleted a backup as I was originally going to use my Switch for dumping games to use in yuzu, but then I switched to using it as an everyday computer, and I don't think I created another backup before I started.

AD2076

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Premise: My nand backup got lost (hdd disaster).
I am lazy so I went the easy way and used Haku33 some months ago to clean my sysnand.
Now I have a OFW sysnand to play online and CFW emuMMC for everything else.
So far everything works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs