Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using sxos, which gives me the possibility to acess both CFW and OFW
so, after use this to update my fw, i cant go to OFW anymore?
Yes but this is a huge misconception. When we refer to OFW when updating without burning fuses, we mean pure, stock OFW without RCM. Choosing OFW via another bootloader such as Hekate or SX OS/Loader has no bearing on the fuses because these bootloaders do not burn fuses regardless of which option you choose; this is because it is nx-bootloader that burns the fuses not OFW. If you boot OFW without RCM, you will load the nx-bootloader which will burn fuses. Think of it as if you see the Nintendo Logo without going through RCM first, consider your fuses burnt.

Reactions: trigao

Rijndaal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Highly recommended if you're going to be updating and do not wish to burn fuses
Really thank you for the clarifications!

I'm doing the rawnand restore right now (it takes an eternity...).
latest question:
Is there a way to disable autoRCM so I can check that my current system firmware after the nand restore is now 3.0.1?
Can I use Hekate or is there an option in ChoiDujourNX to disable that?

Arlequin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey all,
I extracted the NCA files from "Taiko no Tatsujin" to have the 5.1.0 firmware, I obtain 209 files, .cnmt.nca or .nca.
Copied to an exFat SD card and launched CHoiDujourNX from RajNX.
The problem is ChoixDujourNX does not recognize the files, saying there are 209 non-NCA files (0 error).

People say in this thread that they found the firmware on xbins but I can't find it, the keyword "firmware" on the Switch section only leads to "Firmware Version Inspector".

Any idea how I could find a firmware ChoiDujourNX will like?

porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey all,
I extracted the NCA files from "Taiko no Tatsujin" to have the 5.1.0 firmware, I obtain 209 files, .cnmt.nca or .nca.
Copied to an exFat SD card and launched CHoiDujourNX from RajNX.
The problem is ChoixDujourNX does not recognize the files, saying there are 209 non-NCA files (0 error).

People say in this thread that they found the firmware on xbins but I can't find it, the keyword "firmware" on the Switch section only leads to "Firmware Version Inspector".

Any idea how I could find a firmware ChoiDujourNX will like?

You can download with auto-xbins.

Automated way: Use auto-xbins! It will automatically connect to IRC, message our bot, get your login and connect to our ftp. It takes time to do this, so be sure to watch the status window

Reactions: Arlequin

ravensfan8448

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for this tool! Just want to make sure I understand things here. I have a 1.0 firmware switch currently that I use with sx os. I'd really like to use ChoixDujourNX to update without burning fuses so I have access to more games, but it sounds like I would still end up burning my game card slot fuses since my switch is pre 3.0 and I will be using sx os. So does that mean there is still no way currently to update my 1.0 switch without burning any fuses at all if I plan to use sx os?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really thank you for the clarifications!

I'm doing the rawnand restore right now (it takes an eternity...).
latest question:
Is there a way to disable autoRCM so I can check that my current system firmware after the nand restore is now 3.0.1?
Can I use Hekate or is there an option in ChoiDujourNX to disable that?
If you backed up boot0 before installing AutoRCM, AutoRCM will be removed when you restore boot0. Otherwise, you can use ChoiDujourNX to rewrite all of your firmware files for you and remove AutoRCM in the process.

Reactions: Rijndaal

Rijndaal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you backed up boot0 before installing AutoRCM, AutoRCM will be removed when you restore boot0. Otherwise, you can use ChoiDujourNX to rewrite all of your firmware files for you and remove AutoRCM in the process.
Yes, I took a backup of boot0, and I thought to flash that too, but in the end I used Hekate 4.0 to reverert the autorcm. Hekate can detect the autorcm and enable/disable it.

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really bad at this, I'm at 4.1, running sxos and just want the exfat update, dont want to update to 5.1 . Can I do it without autorcm?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. How will this work for a SX OS user? I actually never used tegra smash or anything different than hekate/sxos.
I don't believe SX supports ChoiDujourNX so you will have to use a different CFW. I would suggest using Atmosphere with tomGER's SD files (which you can find here). From there, either load Hekate directly or chainload Hekate from the SX OS menu. Once you're in Hekate, you would launch CFW and navigate to the homebrew menu as you would using SX OS. But before doing any of that, ChoiDujourNX still requires the firmware update files of the firmware you want to install which you can consult the OP for a list of sources. You can place those files anywhere on the SD card as you would manually navigate to the folder using ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: Ja7 and ssssss13

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't believe SX supports ChoiDujourNX so you will have to use a different CFW. I would suggest using Atmosphere with tomGER's SD files (which you can find here). From there, either load Hekate directly or chainload Hekate from the SX OS menu. Once you're in Hekate, you would launch CFW and navigate to the homebrew menu as you would using SX OS. But before doing any of that, ChoiDujourNX still requires the firmware update files of the firmware you want to install which you can consult the OP for a list of sources. You can place those files anywhere on the SD card as you would manually navigate to the folder using ChoiDujourNX.
Thanks! And it will be a permanent update ok ofw too? The thing os that im on a Rush because if 6.0,as if now i m Happy with fat32

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! And it will be a permanent update ok ofw too? The thing os that im on a Rush because if 6.0,as if now i m Happy with fat32
ChoiDujourNX permanently installs exFAT into your console unless you run ChoiDujourNX a second time and don't choose the exFAT option which will overwrite the exFAT update and remove it or you restore a NAND backup made before adding the exFAT update.

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

This looks very ''easy'' to do for the average user like me.

Why there are other tutorials about the exfat update that are way more complicated if this one works?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/

Like this one for instance

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because ChoiDuJourNX is the latest out :D
Ah ok! TBH I'm just having troubles finding those files. I'm on 4.1 and can't find a 4.1 update file with exfat as mentioned here

• Q: I just want to install exFAT on the current firmware version I already have. Can I do this using ChoiDujourNX ?
  • A: Absolutely, just place a folder containing the exFAT version of the firmware you are currently running and choose it inside ChoiDujourNX. It will only install the required couple of packages needed for exFAT, and you can even disable the AutoRCM option (if you are sure the firmware you are installing is the same burned fuse count as the one you are currently running).

Ja7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Think this may be the problem I was having i.e exfat update message needed and then it wont boot into SX OS, but I also cant get into the homebrew menu when trying to boot into CFW then holding R and selecting the album cover? I tried following the guide but I cant seem to load ChoiDujourNX through hekate, just nothing happens after I select launch cfw. would I be better to try to update firmware using ChoiDujour if possible to overcome the exfat update message?

Thanks for any help you could provide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah ok! TBH I'm just having troubles finding those files. I'm on 4.1 and can't find a 4.1 update file with exfat as mentioned here

• Q: I just want to install exFAT on the current firmware version I already have. Can I do this using ChoiDujourNX ?
  • A: Absolutely, just place a folder containing the exFAT version of the firmware you are currently running and choose it inside ChoiDujourNX. It will only install the required couple of packages needed for exFAT, and you can even disable the AutoRCM option (if you are sure the firmware you are installing is the same burned fuse count as the one you are currently running).

Kirby Star Allies (4.1.0) is the file suggested in the OP. you'll need the xci of this game or another game on this fw- theres a youtube video ''How to add exFAT support (MicroSDXC) on Nintendo Switch without updating'' that explains this part. Good luck

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does Choi detect your firmware and does not update if its the same? Because I'm afraid of a brick if I install 4.1 firmware into 4.1 firmware exfat.

drfunkenstein2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOR SXOS USERS

MY EXPERIENCE WITH ChoiDujourNX:
I started off on firmware 4.1.0 retail with 5 burned fuses (from stock).
I use SX-OS v1.4

I started by updating my hbloader to "nx-hbloader_with_debug.zip" "https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases"
Then i put the ChoiDujourNX.nro in my "switch" dir on my sdcard
I made a folder on root called "firmwares"
Inside this dir i had 2 dirs named "fw410" and "fw510"
note: use xbins to find the firmwares.

GOING TO FW 5.1.0
1. Load SX-OS menu
2. launch external payload. "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
3. Checked FUSE info, as i mentioned i had 5 from stock already because i am on FW 4.1.0
4. I turned OFF the console.
5. I made a back up of my original "hekate_ipl.ini"
6. I made another "hekate_ipl.ini" but named it "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" this one i modified with the code:
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk
[CFW for Firmware 1.0]
kip1=modules/oldfirm/loader.kip1
kip1=modules/oldfirm/sm.kip1
{ }

7. Loaded SX-OS menu
8. launched payload "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
9. Launched CFW from payload.
10. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
11. Choose "fw510" dir with the option "5.1.0 (exfat)
12. it did its thing then asked to reboot.
13. I still had my SX-dongle in my console
14. it booted to SX-OS menu
15. I launched SX-OS and confirmed I was on 5.1.0 and played "Captain Toad" and "Go Vacation"

GOING BACK TO FW 4.1.0
First i swapped my "hekate_ipl.ini" to my "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC"
This means i took "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" and named it "hekate_ipl.ini"
and i named "hekate_ipl.ini" to "hekate_ipl.inibak2"

1. Load SX-OS menu
3. Checked FUSE info again (I am still at 5)
4. Launched CFW
5. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
6. Choose "fw410" dir with the option "4.1.0 (exfat)
7. It did its thing until it asked for reboot
8. Launched into SX-OS and checked firmware it read 4.1.0
9. I then uninstalled AutoRCM
10. I checked FUSE INFO one last time and I am still at (5 burned fuses)

Thanks for all those that helped me here. Hope this helps someone or gives them the confidence to use the tool.
This tool works great!

This was an OLD post from weeks ago but seems noone goes to read this thread to properly learn :P

Ja7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FOR SXOS USERS

MY EXPERIENCE WITH ChoiDujourNX:
I started off on firmware 4.1.0 retail with 5 burned fuses (from stock).
I use SX-OS v1.4

I started by updating my hbloader to "nx-hbloader_with_debug.zip" "https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases"
Then i put the ChoiDujourNX.nro in my "switch" dir on my sdcard
I made a folder on root called "firmwares"
Inside this dir i had 2 dirs named "fw410" and "fw510"
note: use xbins to find the firmwares.

GOING TO FW 5.1.0
1. Load SX-OS menu
3. Checked FUSE info, as i mentioned i had 5 from stock already because i am on FW 4.1.0
4. I turned OFF the console.
5. I made a back up of my original "hekate_ipl.ini"
6. I made another "hekate_ipl.ini" but named it "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" this one i modified with the code:
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk
[CFW for Firmware 1.0]
kip1=modules/oldfirm/loader.kip1
kip1=modules/oldfirm/sm.kip1
{ }

7. Loaded SX-OS menu
8. launched payload "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
9. Launched CFW from payload.
10. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
11. Choose "fw510" dir with the option "5.1.0 (exfat)
12. it did its thing then asked to reboot.
13. I still had my SX-dongle in my console
14. it booted to SX-OS menu
15. I launched SX-OS and confirmed I was on 5.1.0 and played "Captain Toad" and "Go Vacation"

GOING BACK TO FW 4.1.0
First i swapped my "hekate_ipl.ini" to my "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC"
This means i took "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" and named it "hekate_ipl.ini"
and i named "hekate_ipl.ini" to "hekate_ipl.inibak2"

1. Load SX-OS menu
3. Checked FUSE info again (I am still at 5)
4. Launched CFW
5. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
6. Choose "fw410" dir with the option "4.1.0 (exfat)
7. It did its thing until it asked for reboot
8. Launched into SX-OS and checked firmware it read 4.1.0
9. I then uninstalled AutoRCM
10. I checked FUSE INFO one last time and I am still at (5 burned fuses)

Thanks for all those that helped me here. Hope this helps someone or gives them the confidence to use the tool.
This tool works great!

This was an OLD post from weeks ago but seems noone goes to read this thread to properly learn :P

whenever i tried to load cfw from hekate the screen just went black and nothing happened- so ive never been able to get to the homebrew menu, although not sure if i used hekate_fspatches_v3.bin so will try with that and see how i get on. Thanks for the guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts