Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the ultimate point of keeping the cardreader from updating to work on higher firmwares?

I understand it's to allow it to work in older firmwares, but what for exactly?

The point of going back to older firmware is to make use of a potential coldboot exploit to jump right into cfw without all the hassle of payload injection.

But at the end of the coldboot, we'd still wanna be in a latest firmware setting (i.e. through emunand?) for compability and future additions to horizon anyways, right? at which point we'd need the updated cardreader anyways, right?

Or is there something I'm not seeing here.

Just in case there is something I'm missing, I did use the new sd files website to get reinx with the nogc patch (it seems to be in the ReiNX folder). If I only use reinx.bin to jump into cfw (and not hecate), is there anything else I need to look out for?

Finally, when the time comes to downgrade back again, do I just use the corresponging 'update' files for 3.0.2 or would I need my nand backup for that to work?

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  • You must update without burning fuses. If you update while burning fuses (e.g. through online or a cartridge), you will be unable to return to 3.0.1 without using RCM first which defeats the purpose of using a lower firmware for another exploit. This is because you will need to use an exploit to make your console load a lower firmware. Update without burning fuses by using this tool to the firmware of your choice
  • Yes

If you burn the cartridge fuse you can return to 3.0.1 and the firmware start witouth using RCM. The only difference is that the cartridge slot doesn't work. And it won't be useful because if deja vu work on 3.0.1 it works even on 4.1 with updated cartridge.

flashc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I ran a procedure to use the microsd exfat with the Switch, but now turning on the console comes out a blue screen, I can only go to RCM.
I repeated everything to always do everything blue. Please help me I'm very scared ... Thanks

flashc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you burn the cartridge fuse you can return to 3.0.1 and the firmware start witouth using RCM. The only difference is that the cartridge slot doesn't work. And it won't be useful because if deja vu work on 3.0.1 it works even on 4.1 with updated cartridge.
Do you think it's better to send her for assistance?

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Silly question I can just use this to update have no need to downgrade just want to be in the latest F/W which I am on now - I use SX OS but I can’t seem to get any updates for game now for some strange reason now lol heheh
So when ninty dose a new F/W update I will be able to use this if I can’t through the system up in the switch it self

r6tro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
so update to 4.1 because deja vu will work on 3.01-4.1?

porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

Rajkosto,
Thank you very much for this tool and especially for all that you have done and put to the benefit of the community.:switch:

Before I start and after reading all the questions and answers I have some doubts and I need your help.

-I have a N Switch Fw 3.0.0 and SXOS PRO 1.5 + dongle
-I installed the CFW RajNX 0.7.4

1- Can I use the RajNX 0.7.4 instead of the hekate_fspatches_v3.bin?
2- If so, what is the CFW to choose in the rajnx_ipl.ini? [RajNX CFW - PreventGCUpdate]?
3- The original rajnx_ipl.ini is ok or must be modified ?
4- Does this order work?
- Load SX-OS 1.5 menu
- Launch payload "rajnx_ipl.bin"
- Launch RajNX CFW - PreventGCUpdate from payload.
- Launch ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
- Choose FW and AutoRCM enabled

Thanks for your help.
porto;)

Hello,
Could someone give me an opinion on my doubts in post # 774?
And I forgot to say that I made the backup of my current nand
I read in this tread https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ this warning, is it updated at since SXOS 1.2 there have been changes?

BOOTING SX OS 1.0 WILL BURN YOUR FUSES EVEN IF YOU HAVE AUTORCM ON, NICE JOB "TX".
SX OS 1.1 WON'T BURN BUT ALSO WON'T WORK (fuse check not bypassed), USE HEKATE STILL.
SX OS 1.2 WILL WORK FOR 2nd BOOT AND AFTER, FIRST BOOT YOU MUST STILL FOLLOW GUIDE.
AFTER FIRST BOOT YOU CAN USE briccmiiv2 VOL+ OPTION (ONLY ONCE) TO REPAIR cust_data
(if it says UNBRICC'd send briccmiiv2 and BRICC again) if you want SX to work too, not just hekate.

(^ ignore all this red text if you are not going to use SX OS ransomware on your Switch)

Thanks for your help
porto

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
Could someone give me an opinion on my doubts in post # 774?
And I forgot to say that I made the backup of my current nand
I read in this tread https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ this warning, is it updated at since SXOS 1.2 there have been changes?

BOOTING SX OS 1.0 WILL BURN YOUR FUSES EVEN IF YOU HAVE AUTORCM ON, NICE JOB "TX".
SX OS 1.1 WON'T BURN BUT ALSO WON'T WORK (fuse check not bypassed), USE HEKATE STILL.
SX OS 1.2 WILL WORK FOR 2nd BOOT AND AFTER, FIRST BOOT YOU MUST STILL FOLLOW GUIDE.
AFTER FIRST BOOT YOU CAN USE briccmiiv2 VOL+ OPTION (ONLY ONCE) TO REPAIR cust_data
(if it says UNBRICC'd send briccmiiv2 and BRICC again) if you want SX to work too, not just hekate.

(^ ignore all this red text if you are not going to use SX OS ransomware on your Switch)

Thanks for your help
porto

Nope ,sx os is still a rasomware.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried running this homebrew on latest SX OS but got a black screen...Any help here? Thx.
SXOS does not get much love around here, maybe rightly so (i don't understand all the politics).
But I would always use hekate v4 (or latest) for anything this important, the homebrew community releases all tend to work fine together, where SXOS is all out on it's own..

Pudrik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Would like to point out that there is a small bug in the software when performing the automatic update in the hekate_ipl.ini the file it opens and edits is located in / while the actual location now days seem to be in /bootloader/
this in terms causes the nogc kip entry not to be added to the ini file. (you need to add it yourself)

Porotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i installed 4.1.0 firmware to get EXFAT support, now i wanted to try install 5.1 so i can play certain game but when i click choose its loading the files but not showing an option to update? what do i do

Rijndaal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all!

I have a nand backup of a clean 3.0.1, then I updated my switch with ChoiDujourNX to 3.0.2 and accidentally booted in system firmware 'couse of my ugly paperclip mod -.-"

Now, since 3.0.2 and 3.0.1 have the same number of burnt fuses, could I:
- downgrade to 3.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX
- restore the nand to a clean 3.0.1 (before I started to mod the switch) with ChoiDujourNX
- upgrade to the latest firmware with ChoiDujourNX
- enable autoRCM?

Thank you all! :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

I have a nand backup of a clean 3.0.1, then I updated my switch with ChoiDujourNX to 3.0.2 and accidentally booted in system firmware 'couse of my ugly paperclip mod -.-"

Now, since 3.0.2 and 3.0.1 have the same number of burnt fuses, could I:
- downgrade to 3.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX
- restore the nand to a clean 3.0.1 (before I started to mod the switch) with ChoiDujourNX
- upgrade to the latest firmware with ChoiDujourNX
- enable autoRCM?

Thank you all! :)
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Highly recommended if you're going to be updating and do not wish to burn fuses

Reactions: Rijndaal

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im using sxos, which gives me the possibility to acess both CFW and OFW
so, after use this to update my fw, i cant go to OFW anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol