Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: M7L7NK7

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but this is a bit overwhelming can you help me a bit ? do i have to complete all the steps ? make a backup now first ?
Whatever you installed is preventing your console from booting up. I would suggest using ChoiDujour to generate a set of safe firmware files for you to copy and paste into your NAND using memloader hence why I linked the guide. A backup at this point is meaningless as the console is now semi-bricked. Also the tutorial I linked is very user-friendly and guaranteed to work if you follow it to the letter.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to load up with latest hektate i get : Could not open /bootloader/hektate_ipl.ini. Make sure it exists in SD card
Put the latest version of this on your SD card: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases
then open /bootloader/hekate/hekate_ipl.ini on your SD card and remove the "kip1=modules/newfirm/pm.kip" and "kip1patch=nosigchk" lines because they don't work on 6.0 (you can try leaving them, but if I leave them it crashes)
And use this as the payload:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UYgSqIm7e071l56CgcP2g36F7r72XyFq (its just hekate CTCaer 4.0 with SciresM's 6.0 patch)

It should start up, although some things might not work or be unstable.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Buurmanzz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Put the latest version of this on your SD card: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases
then open /bootloader/hekate/hekate_ipl.ini on your SD card and remove the "kip1=modules/newfirm/pm.kip" and "kip1patch=nosigchk" lines because they don't work on 6.0 (you can try leaving them, but if I leave them it crashes)
And use this as the payload:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UYgSqIm7e071l56CgcP2g36F7r72XyFq (its just hekate CTCaer 4.0 with a patch to support 6.0 made by SciresM)

It should start up, although some things might not work or be unstable.
Wow ! thanks a lot dude i got it back to life with this method ! is this the only way to boot my switch as of now ? should i do something to get it back to 5.0.1 or should i just wait for a sx os solution ? also can i boot back in ofw now ?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow ! thanks a lot dude i got it back to life with this method ! is this the only way to boot my switch as of now ? should i do something to get it back to 5.0.1 or should i just wait for a sx os solution ? also can i boot back in ofw now ?
The latest commit of ReiNX should also work, or if your fine with losing your fuses you could probably disable autoRCM and start it normally. As far as I know there's no way to go back to 5.x from 6.x without losing all of your save data without a backup. You can use the stock option in Hekate or as I said earlier if your fine without losing your fuse(s) you could probably disable autoRCM and start it normally (although I wouldn't recommend this for now)

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 2.3 right now, and are thinking about updating to 5.1 through this. Would I be able to go back to 2.3 if needed in the future?

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 2.3 right now, and are thinking about updating to 5.1 through this. Would I be able to go back to 2.3 if needed in the future?
yep, but you won't be able to keep any of your savegames or settings, you'll need to back up the saves before you go back down

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those who are having the 2168-0008 error, just do this:

• Q: After selecting ChoiDujourNX from the homebrew menu, it tries to start but closes immediately (or gives me a FATAL error, or just hangs at a black screen) !
  • A: The debug svcs are not accessible to homebrew on your system. Either update your hbloader (from the release here: https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases) or add fullsvcperm=1 to your hekate launch profile. Additionally, if you are trying to run ChoiDujourNX on 1.0.0, you must also add debugmode=1 to your hekate launch profile (this is not required on 2.0.0 or newer, which allows read-only debugging without it).

to make it even easier to understand, just download the files above and paste them on your sd root.

that worked for me

Aerogems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's a bit more to it. There are apparently fuses on the game cart reader that were altered with I think firmware 3.0 when Nintendo introduced a new type of cartridge. So you will have to go through some extra steps to preserve the fuses on the cart reader, otherwise you'll lose access to playing games via cartridge if you ever flash back to 2.3. You can find more details on the Switch subforums here at GBATemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat