Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm unable to get this to work. It says "Press Power to initialize CHMM", and I've tried pressing it as well as holding it for 2 seconds based on a post earlier in this thread. Neither seem to work. Start button to exit doesn't work either. When I hold for any longer, 3DS powers off.

Is the CIA version incompatible with Gateway emuNAND?

To all people who are telling CHMM freeze, are you sure pressing POWER button doesn't start homebrew?
If yes, can you tell me what's your current system? (Console Type, Firmware, CIA/3DS file, CFW/GW etc...)
Yes, I'm sure. O3DS, latest 9.8, CIA, GW. I'll try the .3ds version and report back, though I'd prefer to use the CIA if we can figure out what's causing the bug :)

edit: It works in rxTools, but I think there's just a really long delay because I have a folder with almost 600 JPN themes. It's possible I was just impatient on Gateway mode as well, I'll try that again in a sec

edit2: it worked for a bit but locked up after scrolling through a few themes, I think I just have way too many themes in the folder haha. I'll move about 90% of them somewhere else and go through them a bit at a time to see if that helps

edit3: not really, but I think it's just normal behaviour of the program that it slows down every once in a while if you're scrolling through a lot of themes that all have previews. patience is the solution to this "bug" :)

Last edited by hmp22,

Sony98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My 3ds still freezez in CHMM when i go down to view more than the 17 Themes, who you can se on the screen.
I have a Old 3dsXL with GW Ultra 3.2.2
Sysnand FW: 4.5 Emunand FW: 9.8.0
Jeah i have installed few homebrews, but there is in every installer(Devmenu,CIA,Bigbluemenu) a Error if i try to install Devtools cias.
jeah..and im sure that the Power button doesnt aktivate any other homebrew.

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 3ds still freezez in CHMM when i go down to view more than the 17 Themes, who you can se on the screen.
I have a Old 3dsXL with GW Ultra 3.2.2
Sysnand FW: 4.5 Emunand FW: 9.8.0
Jeah i have installed few homebrews, but there is in every installer(Devmenu,CIA,Bigbluemenu) a Error if i try to install Devtools cias.
jeah..and im sure that the Power button doesnt aktivate any other homebrew.
I have the same issue, it loads a page of 16 themes, then once I scroll further than that, it takes a really long time to load the next page. Try being REALLY patient, it can take up to 30 seconds, maybe longer depending on speed of SD card. Are you positive that it's actually locking up? In my experience it does work, it just takes a very long time to load.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Something weird happens, I have downloaded a bunch of custom themes, and when going through them in CHMM, passing the second page to the third takes me to the power off screen, any hint of what is happening?

Using RxTools on latest emuNAND.

clock012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today, i want to show you my last work: Custom Home Menu Manager.
With this homebrew, through a simple menu you can choose what theme you want to install and interchange them rapidly and safely.
You can also add a preview in .PNG,JPG or BMP format with your own theme that will be showed on TOP_SCREEN (if the PNG,JPG or BMP is too big for the screen, it can be "explored" through Circle Pad).
CHMM.png
In the RAR file you'll find a 3DSX, a 3DS and a CIA build for this homebrew.

Themes must be put in Themes folder in their own folder (named as you want).
Themes folder for 3DS and CIA users must be put in root of SD Card.

Controls:

A - Install theme
START - Exit homebrew
R = Fast switch Bottom/Top screen previews

Download: Version 1.4 (Mirror)
Source: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM

Credits:
- Smealum for libctru
- Sliter, Zerousen for the old banner
- Apache Thunder for the amazing 3D banner

Off Topic: Now to all Theme Makers: i want an awesome Mirai Nikki theme :evil:

THEME FILES ORGANIZATION:
SO...
It is not work without Ninja and GW?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for this app! Works great here, seems much safer and easier method to apply theme so far.

However I noticed a bug that if you press UP button when you are on first theme of first page, it gets frozen for a loooong time (seems like it reads all themes from start to end to go to last theme of last page).

Also it would be great to implement skipping page by using L and R shoulder buttons just like GW menu has. And addition of manually going to certain page would be great if we have several themes.

In short, making it easy to navigate to last used theme would be great! Having like a placeholder of some sort (some variable stored), of last time I accessed a theme when I relaunch the app would be a plus!

Last edited by Just3DS,

G-fuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have the latest emunand on an original 3dsxl,i have chmm as cia,then after i load it,it displays the controls,i press power,then a new message appears over 'a-install them' but i cant read what the message says because theres 2 messages in the same place and it makes it hard to read,i even have the themes in a folder in the root of my sd card,and im using gateway,am i doing something wrong

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
i have the latest emunand on an original 3dsxl,i have chmm as cia,then after i load it,it displays the controls,i press power,then a new message appears over 'a-install them' but i cant read what the message says because theres 2 messages in the same place and it makes it hard to read,i even have the themes in a folder in the root of my sd card,and im using gateway,am i doing something wrong

Themes must be put in Themes folder not in a random folder.

G-fuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the folder HAVE to be named themes? Also what im wondering if i just have to install the cia,then the theme folder with the themes,and thats it Or is there more to it?

edit:i got it to work,i thought i was able to name the folder however,i feel so dumb:P

SirGray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I tried using CHMM and I have my folder structure like this 3ds\CHMM\Themes\Theme Name\Files-here

But it's not recognizing any theme files. I have a BGM.bcstm and body_LZ.bin in there. Am I doing something wrong?

Azure42893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed CHMM 1.3 yesterday (1.4 kept saying I had no themes) and it worked fine on my 9.9.0-26U 3DS XL via Ninjhax 2. Woke up this morning and tried switching themes and get this now whenever I try applying a theme:

tumblr_nruluqv9qY1somymko1_540.jpg

EDIT: Looks like I got ahead of myself. I ejected and reinserted my SD at the homebrew launcher menu and everything works fine again =)
(broken circle pad cause smash lol)

Last edited by Azure42893,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...