Homebrew Chessmaster's issues

avenir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so today I updated AK2i, M3 and DSONEi. All of them are using Chessmaster.
So using my DSlite I checked the strange behavior using XenoFile, argued in:
http://gbatemp.net/t215395-maio-moonshell-...t&p=3703696

Here is the result:
M3 (/system/menu.xx):
Working perfectly. No issues. Perhaps it is because menu.xx is loaded via official g6dsload.eng.
AK2i (/akmenu4.nds):
Lower screen is gone. YSMenu's both screen are OK.
DSONEi (/SCFW.SC):
After replacing SCFW.SC, my DSONEi was bricked (two black screens).
After downgrading to 142 (spongebob) via firmware writer, it is working.
It might be my TF's FAT order issue, so further test might be required.

So they might changed how to load homebrew. Further investigation is required!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I only tested on the AK2i.
DSCovered: Working perfectly
MENUdo: Working perfectly
All tested Xenon++ tools (inilink/iniclear/xenofile/favlauncher/mshl2altloader): One screen disabled (all top screen except for mshl2altloader).

I think they changed it slightly, though it only affects the way you have it so far (maybe I should test hbmenu too).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
As both of you already know. I've only done it with the akmenu4 loader used in the Maio pack, plus a couple of homebrew (everyextend - no top screen & arsenal - very bad screen flicker)
But I'm curious why no-one else has noticed this (apart from those who brought it to my attention in that thread)

As I've already said in the PM's to both of you - do we know if it affects all acekards or just the hw:44 (since already know the firmware update does have a problem with that version anyway)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
As both of you already know. I've only done it with the akmenu4 loader used in the Maio pack, plus a couple of homebrew (everyextend - no top screen & arsenal - very bad screen flicker)
But I'm curious why no-one else has noticed this (apart from those who brought it to my attention in that thread)

As I've already said in the PM's to both of you - do we know if it affects all acekards or just the hw:44 (since already know the firmware update does have a problem with that version anyway)
Mine is an 81 an it's the same. It looks as if the new update for the R4i Golds with chess master icons may have similar issues.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Mine is an 81 an it's the same. It looks as if the new update for the R4i Golds with chess master icons may have similar issues.
It won't affect R4iGolds really, as long as they are using the peculiar method I talked about earlier since it boots WoodR4 before it goes to anything else. You can't even swap the _ds_menu.dat for other homebrew (at least, none that I have tried), so if it does have the same issues, nobody would ever be able to tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)