Checkpoint, a simple and fast save manager

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EventAssistant, Oct 1, 2017.

1. UsualNoise

UsualNoise Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Yes, just installed CFW yesterday. Thanks for the info.

BetterDuck likes this.
  2. xneuromancer

xneuromancer Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2011
    United States
    How do you backup all titles in bulk?

I held Y to multi-select everything, but I don't see a way to trigger a "save all"

3. Mercurise

Mercurise Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    Singapore
    May I get some assistance to a problem i am having using Checkpoint?
    I am on Luma3DS 8.1 cfw and installed the cia variant of Checkpoint via FBI successfully. Loaded into Checkpoint and it managed to scan my SD card for several games worth of saves, however, not all the games I played and saved on this SD card were on the list.
    Also, i noticed the saves were for games I played on an older version of Luma3DS (6.6 or earlier, i think) and i recently updated it to 8.1 before starting a save for Monster Hunter XX, all on the same SD card and not formatted at all.
    It is MHXX that failed to show up on the list in Checkpoint.

Any clues as to why this is happening? I wanted to extract the MHXX save file.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Found out MHXX saves in ExtData, and there was a X button toggle in Checkpoint to toggle into ExtData view and voila! MHXX was sitting right there, as it should be.

Last edited by Mercurise, May 5, 2018
  4. yamazakirobert

yamazakirobert Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2015
    Brazil
    @EventAssistant can you add delete save and play coins editor to this tool?

thanks for your hard work

5. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Remove the battery.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases/tag/v3.1.0

LanzHeim likes this.
  6. toxic9

toxic9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2016
    Hi!

I'm finishing my 3DS setup and I am missing a decent save manager.
    I heard about Checkpoint and JKSM.
    I think JKSM is obsolete and Checkpoint is much more intuitive.
    But before install it, I would like to be sure it has the option to delete save files, because this is the main option I'm looking for.
    I didn't see it on the videos I watched. But JKSM seems to have this option.

Was this implemented yet on Checkpoint?

Thanks

Last edited by toxic9, May 17, 2018 at 7:57 PM
  7. EventAssistant
    OP

EventAssistant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    It doesn't delete save files yet

8. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Are you trying to delete your save files that you backed up, or delete the saves that are already in place for the games?

Checkpoint allows you to backup and restore saves from games. It doesn't delete the backed up saves; you have to manually delete them by going into the 3ds/Checkpoint folder found on your SD card. I don't think it delete the saves currently linked to the games either.

Edit - You can delete backed up saves in Checkpoint by selecting them and pressing (X).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, May 17, 2018 at 8:18 PM
  9. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    Wrong. It can delete save backups, but not the whole save partition inside the console, if that's what they mean.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  10. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for the correction. I don't use Checkpoint that often, but you're right.

Select the save file and press (X) to bring up Delete selected backup?

11. toxic9

toxic9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2016
    Im confused!
    I just want to delete the game saves on the console because the official data manager of 3DS only lets you delete the game and the save at once. Not individually.
    I mean delete the game saves, so you can run one game like it was the first time booting.
    Checkpoint don't have this option, right?

12. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    It doesn't. Also because that's a feature that all the games have inside natively

13. toxic9

toxic9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2016
    S, you mean there is an option somewhere to delete the save game file on the Nand, inside every game?? How??
    I can only see that some games usually have 3 save slots and we can save, delete and copy between them. But deleting this slots actually did NOT delete the save file on the Nand.

14. toxic9

toxic9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2016
    I found some kind of combo keys to delete the game save, but they are different for every game. I don't know if all games include this feature and if this really deletes the, file on the nand - what I really would like to do..

Can the author implement this function on a future revision? Please.
    Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice