1. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Romania
    When I go to cheats for a title, there is a list of them with checkboxes next to each. What is that for? You enable or disable cheats via Luma3DS. Is that for downloading or something?

2. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Larger code lists are more of a pain to search through, and you may not need codes for a different version of a game. The check boxes let you pick only the cheats you want without having to manually trim down the cheat file.

Searinox likes this.
  3. Ichisuke

Ichisuke Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Okay, silly question. Switch version. Can I add codes only manually? Or is there a way to automatically download them, like with another homebrew?

Sapphire01 likes this.
  4. Renn0913

Renn0913 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm having an issue with the animal crossing cheats (im on 3ds btw), i'm not sure how they are supposed to work. I selected the few i wanted and tried the shortcuts, for example L + A, but nothing happens?

Last edited by Renn0913, Sep 28, 2019
  5. JackyD
    This message by JackyD has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Mar 18, 2020, Reason: Wrong thread.
    Mar 18, 2020
  6. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

Spain
    Checkpoint can't find Animal Crossing New Horizon's save hmmnm

7. Carcharodon Carcaj

Newcomer

Spain
    that's because AC uses device savedata instead of user savedata, and checkpoint doesn't support the first ones for now

Salu2

Last edited by Carcharodon Carcaj, Mar 22, 2020
    SCOTT0852 likes this.
  8. TheNewOne

TheNewOne Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    I bought a Switch with Checkpoint 3.6.0 installed. I cant back up anything because the touch screen nor the buttons dont work.

How do I update Checkpoint? Do I merge the new folder I download together with the pre existing folder? Or do I have to follow a different method?

9. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Switch? *ahem*. You are on 3ds forums. You would want https://gbatemp.net/categories/nintendo-switch-discussions.282/ for the switch version help

Tyvar1, raxadian and TurdPooCharger like this.
  10. Moquedami

Moquedami GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Ive been trying to use checkpoint cheats on my yokai watch 2 eur ver.2 but none of them seem to work except for unlimited stamina.
    Anyone got the rest working?

11. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Is anybody else having an issue with Checkpoint not able to detect games that are from a different region than the handheld console e.g. a JPN game not appearing in Checkpoint on a USA console?

I have been trying to make a backup of my saved file of a certain Japanese game, but the game simply would not appear on Checkpoint, as if though it does not exist.

The same is also true with the latest version of JKSV. I'm guessing this must be a inherent issue when region-emulating a game on the 3DS.

Last edited by Dothackjhe, Oct 21, 2020
  12. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Argentina
    May be the version of the game. Some games get minor updates between different region releases. Have to tried with an older version of the game? Most cheats gets tested on the USA version. You may want to load cheats specific for the Euro version.

Unfortunately I think checkpoint uses the 3DS firmware to load the save files so if the game is the wrong region it won't load. I think there are ways to change the region of a rom but that might mess save files and cheats.

Edit: For games installed in your SD card on a hacked console the save files can be copied manually I think?

Last edited by raxadian, Oct 21, 2020
  13. Dothackjhe

Philippines
    I think the saved file would require dumping first with a tool like Checkpoint or JKSV before it can be transferred elsewhere as a backup. I'm guessing the saved files are encrypted in the system somehow.

14. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Did you hold B to refresh your list of titles in Checkpoint? That's usually the problem when games are unexpectedly not showing up.

They are indeed. It is possible to decrypt them using a PC (as long as you have your moveable.sed), though it is not nearly as simple as using Checkpoint or JKSM.

raxadian and Dothackjhe like this.
  15. Dothackjhe

Philippines
    Apparently, Checkpoint could detect the JPN game installed on a USA 3DS. Since the saved file is an "extdata," I only have to press the "X" button to see it from the main interface.

raxadian likes this.
  16. Chuardo

Chuardo GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    Can I install saves from non installed games on the Switch? I want to install Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee for the content they give you on Sword/Shield but I don't want to install them, I downloaded some savefile online but I can't select them on Checkpoint to restore them

Last edited by Chuardo, Oct 27, 2020
  17. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    This is the thread for the 3DS version of Checkpoint.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Checkpoint, manager, simple